British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham V Eastbourne Wed 21 May

Guest GiveusaB

Fantastic meeting, some terrific racing all night, so pleased we got all the points after what has been a dismal season. Credit to Eastbourne for sticking with it, safe journey home to the fans that made the trip up.

Barkers ride in Heat 15 was one of his best ever in my opinion, MOTM performance. The track was quite slick and dusty by then but it was clear he was hell bent on getting past both Eagles riders and that's what he did. Heat 8 Nermark/Lahti battle was something else, and King passing both Eastie riders in Heat 10 was another highlight, could go on forever :D .

Danny did great but really impressed with Paul Starke once again, really coming up with the goods this season.

Looks like Adam is out for about 6 weeks :cry: , Alan said when interviewed he is looking to sign someone as a temporary replacement until hes fit. Will be amazed if they pull off the signing of the "top rider" Chris mentioned to Alan aswell. ;)

WHO???

Guest GiveusaB

Best racing down PB for a long time......Starke shoudve replaced Lambert in Heat 14....Jack Lee hasnt got a clue as team manager!

Just out of interest,was there a reason why Paul Starke wasnt used in heat 14? im not complaining as Mr Barker brought the house down with that heat 15 pass.

That looked a major goof to me at the time, Starke is easily the best reserve of the two, Lambert had had 3 rides, and it would have been desirable to not give Eastbourne a sniff of a point going into heat 15, dress it up how you want, but to me Jack Lee made a glaring tactical error that everyone in the stadium bar him spotted, he could well have cost us a point if not for Barkers heat 15 display.

Why are the locals not turning up? That meeting was top draw stuff. Loads of brilliant races. I thought last nights meeting from Sweden was good but this beat it hands down. Ben Barker was bloody good tonight too and repaying the faith the Brummies management have shown in him.

If a few more meetings had that result, excitement and less of the infighting, negativity etc etc, then crowds would start going in the right direction.

Track looked very dusty,but what do i know,!!fantastic racing,superb passes and Barker last bend overtake to win heat 15.,to send the home fans happy.what a way to take all the points.more of that please.

Track was well watered beforehand, a dry warm night soon dried it out, little you can do without slowing preceedings to rewater.

Has anyone else noticed the water bowser doesn't seem to get used now in favour of trackside hosepipes ?.

Edited by david2905

Fantastic meeting and 100% effort from all the lads, really enjoyed that, but got a bit worried when they got the 5-1 in heat 14, but BB did fantastic to win the race beating that bloody dane.

Come on you Brummies. :party: