British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Plymouth 25th May

Yes unlucky start for Stefan and the Rockets but we had the rub of the green for the rest of the match. Stayed for the six second half races so a total of three and a half hours. Typical sunday afternoon meeting not helped by poor refereeing no attempt to speed the meeting up even when taking into consideration the delays after the falls for Stefan and Adam. Sick of races being called back as unsatisfactory then only to see no two minute warning put on and the riders returning to the pits. Shame because it spoilt some good racing. Great performance from Ben Barker, did all he could and i think the Devils can consider themselves unlucky not to take a point home

Agree entirely, it took so long that, at one point, I thought that Stefan would have recovered from his concussion in time to take his last ride!

• Like 2

Dave Robinson should not referee again, absolute disgrace with some of the decisions made. Excluding someone for laying the bike down for not being under power when the red lights came on is abysmal.

Some terrible luck coupled with awful referee decisions made difficult viewing at times. Hope Stefan, Kalle and Adam are all okay for next weekend as there were some nasty crashes there.

Point of note, I disagree with the updates regarding Kalle having time to not hit Adam, as he came around bend 2 and the dust cleared he had very little chance to miss him and think it's harsh to say otherwise.

• Like 2

Decent meeting despite the dusty track. A few nice passes, unusual for afternoon meetings at Rye House.

Stefan was desperately unlucky. May be a broken scaphoid which would rule him out for weeks. Hope that isn't the case.

I thought the officials had a poor day today. The ref was very inconsistent with the starts. Letting the riders get away with far too much rolling. Plymouth were the main culprits with Simota and Jensen getting away with starting 2 or 3 feet behind the tapes and rolling just before they rose. Jason B & Newman caught jumping the start, but not as blatant as the other two.

Barker allowed out on the track when paramedics were still tending to Stefan in the pits should've been prevented by closing the pits gate.

Agree with WHB, Plymouth were unlucky to leave without a point. Good to see Jason G in the points again. Rider replacement helped us, bagging 8 points, which I don't think Seb would've managed.

Sad to see Adam Roynon is still injury prone. I feared the worst when Katajisto ran into him while he was on the deck after that fall. Thankfully he was up soon after.

Meeting did drag on, but as it was a nice sunny day it didn't feel too bad.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Dave Robinson should not referee again, absolute disgrace with some of the decisions made. Excluding someone for laying the bike down for not being under power when the red lights came on is abysmal.

Some terrible luck coupled with awful referee decisions made difficult viewing at times. Hope Stefan, Kalle and Adam are all okay for next weekend as there were some nasty crashes there.

Point of note, I disagree with the updates regarding Kalle having time to not hit Adam, as he came around bend 2 and the dust cleared he had very little chance to miss him and think it's harsh to say otherwise.

Totally agree, Jason Garrity was in front of Kalle when Adam crashed. Jason managed to slow and move to the inside, Kalle slowed & moved to the outside, unsighted, tried to lay his bike down, but was too upright to do it quickly enough

Loved Ht12, when the ref excluded both Plymouth riders - all the Rockets fans were either smiling or laughing at that one in disbelief

• Like 1

Had an incident some time ago at Rye where a team mate suffered in a similar way to yesterday. the explanation was given by Craig that in the rules it states that a rider who is affected by actions of his team mate is not treated in the same way as if it was an opponent in other words tough. if that is the case then that is a terrible rule. One thing on the starting mullarkey Sergeants antics were not as bad one race where Rasmus Jensen was rolling so far i simply cannot understand how the race wasn't stopped. Would love to say this was the worst ref i have seen this season but a certain female at Kent a few weeks ago gets the prize so far.

Looking ahead with possible doubts over Edward and Stefan and the absence of Matty and Jason G i hope a burst pipe under the track and a dodgy weather prediction has been sorted out otherwise we will be on the wrong end of a real hiding against Somerset

• Like 1

Had an incident some time ago at Rye where a team mate suffered in a similar way to yesterday

May have been the Andre Compton/Paul Cooper incident you were thinking of

Jason Garrad

I note in the MDL match there was a Garrad riding for the Raiders, is this anybody to do with the Great Bob?

Jason Garrad

I note in the MDL match there was a Garrad riding for the Raiders, is this anybody to do with the Great Bob?

thought I heard the announcer say that although the name was famous he is not related to Bob

• Like 1

Many thanks Startline, I was hoping but nethertheless he will get my support anyway

Actually I should of asked did Jason refuse to go off Gate 4? that would of proved it one way or another

Heard it second hand that he's battered and bruised, but nothing broken

Royno posted on twitter that he is in hospital after the crash with a broken T12 vertebra, that fella has no luck :o

• Like 1

Might be nice if someone enligthened Dave Robinson to the fact that we dont appreciate races being awarded after 1 and half laps , after travelling 112 miles for 3 second half races , especailly when there was no need to stop the race in the first place as Danny ayres was safely behind the fence

• Like 2

Might be nice if someone enligthened Dave Robinson to the fact that we dont appreciate races being awarded after 1 and half laps , after travelling 112 miles for 3 second half races , especailly when there was no need to stop the race in the first place as Danny ayres was safely behind the fence

Quote of the afternoon from Craig Saul....The ref awarded the race after one lap as he is aware of the time is getting on. Pity he never applied that logic to the PL meeting that dragged on without any sensible use of the two minute warning, was spoilt by the considerable number of unsatisfactory starts etc.

I feel for the boys in the second half, whilst it is great our club Rye House persevere with second halves i do wonder what benefit they get riding on concert with no grip whatsoever. Then for the ref not to treat their races with respect is the final insult

• Like 1

Royno, what can i say fella, seems every time theres a crash, you end up having something broken, get well soon mate, time you tried one of those airsuit things mate.

• Like 2