British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick V Workington 24/05/2014 @7pm

Any of the riders swapping to reserve keeps us very strong.

Kus at reserve would be some rider to have at that position!

Steen would not be out of place at all in the main body.

A very well constructed team, no prima donnas, just solid throughout, and space for a young local rider to develop.

Kus at reserve, could be some 18 point or even 21 scores. :party::party::party:

• Like 1

Kus at reserve, could be some 18 point or even 21 scores. :party::party::party:

I could see that happening, and then when he moves up, who moves down but another very strong rider.

I have liked the way the team has been constructed from the beginning, and a very strong start to the season.

Apart from a bit of devilment, we all seem to be in agreement about the important things on here.

How unusual!

worky were p/poor last night. can only see a huge berwick win(over 55,maybe 60

berwick look look good , worky shambolic at the moment..

With averages now changing to a smaller degree over a longer time, riders take longer to move around, but the point is correct that should Kus or anyone else have a spell at reserve that can only be good news for the team. It reminds of the team we had some years ago where Smith, Wilkinson and Piertrasko all had spells at reserve and Berwick had a very good season.

worky were p/poor last night. can only see a huge berwick win(over 55,maybe 60

berwick look look good , worky shambolic at the moment..

Don't see Berwick hitting those scores, I think Workington are far better than that. Could easily be as close as it was last night.

Beware the wounded animal, Berwick`s win last night will bound to make the Workington riders all the more determined to win over here tonight, and their performance a few weeks ago shows that.

Berwick will no doubt take a lot of confidence from their win but the Berwick Promotion would do well to make sure their riders don't become complacent, there is a meeting to win tonight and it wont come easy.

Weather has started off grey with very light drizzly rain, forecast is this will clear fairly soon. The afternoon will be mostly dry with showers spreading in from the south later this afternoon.

Hows the weather doing please Screm, supporters bus due to leave at 3pm , would appreciate an update, not sure whether to get my pack lunch started :) . Accuweather says about the same as you, a few showers around .

Thanks

The way team is built it could be one of they seasons where our top reserve changes month to month. anyone bar probably vissing and bellego could feature at some point . in reality we could see a reserve on 6 or 7 points. either way we should always have one of the top reserves in league. nice to see liam score yesterday and all he really needs to do at moment would be to get a point or two in reserve heat. as i said on yesterdays meeting thread his point meant 4 league points if team keep scoring steady i can see good season.

Hows the weather doing please Screm, supporters bus due to leave at 3pm , would appreciate an update, not sure whether to get my pack lunch started :) . Accuweather says about the same as you, a few showers around .

Thanks

Still cloudy but it is dry and has been for some time now.

These are the latest Berwick averages issued by the BSPA yesterday.

Kevin Doolan 7-16

Claus Vissing 7-12

Mathew Wethers 6-80

David Bellego 6-54

Matej Kus 5-68

Steen Jensen 5-60

Liam Carr 3-00

Team average 41-90.

Two things, it looks Vissing will be taking over as No1, and incredibly there is a real chance of Kus going to reserve.

Those are the rolling averages which apply for all of May to 31st

Still cloudy but it is dry and has been for some time now.

:t: , thanks , fingers crossed then

With averages now changing to a smaller degree over a longer time, riders take longer to move around, but the point is correct that should Kus or anyone else have a spell at reserve that can only be good news for the team. It reminds of the team we had some years ago where Smith, Wilkinson and Piertrasko all had spells at reserve and Berwick had a very good season.

It's not as frightening a team, no Scud, Wilko, or Schrammy.

Steen and Matty during a good job of emulating them though!

Will need a big turnaround in mental toughness to get a result tonight after yesterday's performance, still hopeful that we cant be as bad again so will stick my neck out for a point!! :D;)

:t: , thanks , fingers crossed then

Weather remains the same as posted before, grey sky's and dry.

Weather has closed in over the last hour, and we are having some rain.

Weather has closed in over the last hour, and we are having some rain.

Just looked at Met Office.

Light rain from 16.00 through to 24.00

Just looked at Met Office.

Light rain from 16.00 through to 24.00

Hopefully then we will be pushing tonight's meeting through, though finding a gag big enough for Mr Barrie could be a problem.

• Like 3