British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Poole 26/05

Right after leaving my thoughts until today I have no idea why they let people in to pay there money and for fans like me a poole fan it had been raining for a good while before the time of 14.50pm when we arrived it was blatantly obvious huge track was in no fit state to race good sized puddles on the inside of the bends and both the home & back straights were way to icey and the skies were still full of rain. Waiting an extra 30 minutes was a complete waste of time as even a novice speedway fan coming along maybe for the first time would've seen it was a non starter ! And then the manager whom I have the opinion knows not a lot about speedway had the cheek to tell me I should've checked the weather before leaving !! What. Sorry love but I live in nottingham and the forecast seemed okay but obviously not as what folk have said already. Not happy at the shambolic way Leicester speedway has conducted itself and IMO nothing short of a disgrace...

The track was prepared with rain in mind, the rainwater lying on the track had not penetrated the shale, rains stops, puddles swept away and graded...Job done, we were not expecting continous rain, just showers, in fact, if it had stopped raining, by heat 7/8, it would have needed watering!!!

Disagree it was a poor decision all round there was no way the meeting was going to go ahead it was obvious as there was no way the rain was going to stop and by 2.45 the track was already in a poor state never mind waiting till 15.30 ! Some long dark haired Asian looking woman clueless !! And poor ticketing process why no turnstiles would speed up entry to the stadium. And finally there should be a sign at the gate of entry informing the procedure of a postponement regarding refunds , as if I'd known I would've waited outside the stadium upon waiting the decision !! Rant over

Disagree it was a poor decision all round there was no way the meeting was going to go ahead it was obvious as there was no way the rain was going to stop and by 2.45 the track was already in a poor state never mind waiting till 15.30 ! Some long dark haired Asian looking woman clueless !! And poor ticketing process why no turnstiles would speed up entry to the stadium. And finally there should be a sign at the gate of entry informing the procedure of a postponement regarding refunds , as if I'd known I would've waited outside the stadium upon waiting the decision !! Rant over

Which bit did you not understand then?

The forecast for us was wrong...

The track was prepared for rain showers...

The track surface was sealed and there was no rain that penetrated the shale (hence shiny surface and puddles)...

If the rain had Stopped, the surface water would have been swept off, and then graded, probably wonder wheeled reveal mostly dry shale...

Meeting commences, roughly 30-45 minutes after rain stops...

It could have been that simple, bit the shower, wasn't a shower, was it, bloody rained till 6pm !!!!!!

Just as well it was off as Magic fell ill in the pits and wouldn't have ridden!!

Have you been attending speedway meetings for long ?

I don't really understand what you want them to do. The weather forecast turned out to be wrong. They gave it an extra 30 minutes to see if the rain would stop. If it had the meeting could have started.

You can use your ticket for another meeting or you can get your money back.

If you were so sure the meeting wouldn't be on. Why did you go in the first place. Calling the people who work there Some long dark haired Asian looking woman clueless !! is not really gonna help anyone is it.

No one forced you to walk through the entrance to the stadium.

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 3

Yeah about 35 years and my father was promoter of the title winning national league for long eaton. my question is was don't always trust the weather forecast especially in this country as it was forecasted at the time was difficult to predict the path of the rain !! My disagreement was it was never going to stop the radar at the time on my mobile was spot on it was to last a lot longer than half an hour . Also it should have a sign on the gate explaining rain offs after entry to the stadium.

I appreciate it wouldn't have taken long for the track to be sorted but all I'm saying is that there was never going to be a let up in the rain and should've called before 3pm as like I said if they'd bothered to look at the radar at 14.30 for the next 2-3 hours was rain !!

I appreciate it wouldn't have taken long for the track to be sorted but all I'm saying is that there was never going to be a let up in the rain and should've called before 3pm as like I said if they'd bothered to look at the radar at 14.30 for the next 2-3 hours was rain !!

Problem with rain radar is it doesn't show light rain very well, it's a well known fact among amateur forecasters that dark blue on a radar image can be annaprop, (false) and there was a huge amount of dark blue on the radar....!!

Lucky for Poole it was rained off.........Leicester would have got their biggest and easiest win of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH told us that he had been in touch with the local weather station and they told him the the weather would be ok between 3 and 5.