British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Birmingham 26th May 2014

Anyone live near Brandon who can give us weather updates please ? I've got my fingers crossed it stays dry I'm really looking forward to it I think summers for fisher slightly weakens you hoping we can nick a point

Anyone live near Brandon who can give us weather updates please ? I've got my fingers crossed it stays dry I'm really looking forward to it I think summers for fisher slightly weakens you hoping we can nick a point

Light drizzle for the last hour.

• Like 1

The BBC Forecast, which is about the most accurate of a bad bunch, shows (for Coventry Airport - the closest locality available) rain throughout the rest of the day; apart from a brief spell of sun from 1-2pm, then dry between 3-4pm. This is then succeeded by, constant light rain again from 4pm and, most worryingly, heavy rain between 7-9pm.

Last Friday morning I'm sitting here contemplating Cov Friday OR Monday night, as I was intending to drive down to Lakeside on Saturday for the debacle with Poole. Despite the fact that it's nearly June this dire cold, wet Bank Holiday weather is depressing, to say the least. 3 potential meetings to choose and it looks like they'll all be a washout.

Never mind, a fortnight of sun come August and next year, all those people with short memories, will be reflecting upon what wonderful weather we've had in 2014. :(

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Its stop now where I am and it was very light but lasted a good couple of hours, still some conflicting forecasts out there.

• Like 1

Stopped raining after hour of light rain. Meant to dry up by 3pm. Some forecasts are saying a heavy shower later some are saying chance of rain.

Think its going to be touch and go, whatever rain fell this morning wouldnt have done to much damage to the track. Having said that if it continued like that for most of the day it wont go ahead. Need a bit of luck.

Dry in Coventry at moment but very overcast. Summers has posted on facebook:

Loving getting a call for a guest booking for tonight, black n yellow again.

Who is he riding instead of?

Black and Gold, actually, Aaron !

Stopped raining after hour of light rain. Meant to dry up by 3pm. Some forecasts are saying a heavy shower later some are saying chance of rain.

It has not stopped raining, it has been raining since 11am and is continuing to do so.

It has not stopped raining, it has been raining since 11am and is continuing to do so.

If its on it will be a rubbish meeting with the amount of rain the track has taken over the last few days think I will save my money

Im going to set off at 4pm, Im only coming from Solihull, so not much fuel wasted if its off, I can still go the cinema if its off, showcase only down the road.

If its on it will be a rubbish meeting with the amount of rain the track has taken over the last few days think I will save my money

Don't be such a miserable git! ;)

I'm a Lakeside Supporter, but I'm still going.......if it's on. Anything is better than sitting in the pub with a constant stream of poxy football on the box.

• Like 2

A post on facebook suggests its off.

It did stop raining for around an hour and a half at lunchtime.

• Like 1