British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Birmingham 26th May 2014

Don't be such a miserable git! ;)

I'm a Lakeside Supporter, but I'm still going.......if it's on. Anything is better than sitting in the pub with a constant stream of poxy football on the box.

im retired I don't have the money to sit in pubs or go to a meeting where they just potter around I have to watch how I spend it

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! there goes our easy 4 pointer.

• Like 1

Well done to the Coventry track staff in making no effort to get the meeting on again just watch the rain fall and then pull the plug straight away.

what a c**p post you obviously no nothing about preparing a track. I live only 4 miles from the track and after it was off on Friday we have had regular rain some heavy /some light but all unfortunately WET, over most of the weekend. If there is a big chance of there being a rainoff its better to pull the plug early, so both home and away fans alike save what few pounds they have .But obviously in your world everything is perfect .

• Like 4

Well done to the Coventry track staff in making no effort to get the meeting on again just watch the rain fall and then pull the plug straight away.

You know that for a fact, do you?

Look at Lynn and Wolves and how much effort they put in.

Different locations, therefore different conditions - nobody knows what their track staff could have done with the situation prevailing at Brandon over the last few days - or what levels of effort each track puts in Edited by Midland Red

rain getting heavier in Coventry now and forecast is heavy rain for the rest of the night.

That both home meetings against Birmingham and one against Poole that need rearranging.

rain getting heavier in Coventry now and forecast is heavy rain for the rest of the night.

But that wouldn't worry the track staff at KL or Monmore! Apparently!

Lynn and Wolves track were awful looking at pics but they put effort in and got the track in good condition which both produced good meetings.

Rory had said on twitter on Frday after ran off that all tracks are different and some such as Brandon are harder to sort in time

But that wouldn't worry the track staff at KL or Monmore! Apparently!

Im sure even they wouldn't race in heavy rain lol. x

• Like 1

Lynn and Wolves track were awful looking at pics but they put effort in and got the track in good condition which both produced good meetings.

So? Irrelevant to the situation/conditions at Brandon

• Like 1

A post on facebook suggests its off.

It did stop raining for around an hour and a half at lunchtime.

Not wherewehre i was.

In the pub by the look of it!

Nope at home Not far from the track.

im retired I don't have the money to sit in pubs or go to a meeting where they just potter around I have to watch how I spend it

Sorry kingbee - wasn't aware of your situation.

It was said in banter though mate - no offence intended.

Just to add, I think someone on here needs to get his hands dirty, and join a track-staff team - he'll undoubtedly find it a revelation.

• Like 2

BIRMINGHAM have agreed a new date for their Elite League match at Coventry.

The original fixture was postponed yesterday (Bank Holiday Monday, but has now been quickly re-scheduled for this coming Friday at Brandon (May 30, 7.30pm).