British Speedway Forum

James Sarjeant or Simon Lambert :P

Be no point it being Sarjeant, although he is riding well he would always be missing when Coventry are riding same time (which seems to be alot when you look at how often Howarth misses bees fixtures)

No surprise even if he is a nice bloke and all that, wasn't aware of how old Chris is but if 30 then I would have preferred to have gone with some-one with more potential and improvement, I.e. throw a youngster in. That said, the reserve berths do not seem to be earning enough points, with both Ashley Morris and Chris Mills at 6 and 7 Chris never strong enough to cover Ashley and vice versa imo

nor one would one those a rookie be strong enough unless you had a Steve Worrall / Lewis Kerr. Seems sticking with the pair for so long has possibly cost the Comets points.

Just my view!

interesting to see who will come in and will the team be declared in time to ride sheffield thursday

Now that it has been publicly announced that they have let him go, surely it has to be re-declared for Thursday?

No surprise even if he is a nice bloke and all that, wasn't aware of how old Chris is but if 30 then I would have preferred to have gone with some-one with more potential and improvement, I.e. throw a youngster in. That said, the reserve berths do not seem to be earning enough points, with both Ashley Morris and Chris Mills at 6 and 7 Chris never strong enough to cover Ashley and vice versa imo

nor one would one those a rookie be strong enough unless you had a Steve Worrall / Lewis Kerr. Seems sticking with the pair for so long has possibly cost the Comets points.

Just my view!

Agree entirely OSS, Morris's lack of points scoring this year cruelly exposed Mills at the bottom end leaving us very weak at crucial times, throw in the technical problems/high av's from the middle order and we were never in a position to move riders around?

Mills has to take the lion's share though, it's his responsibility to ride quicker!! ;)

Now that it has been publicly announced that they have let him go, surely it has to be re-declared for Thursday?

But re-declare with whom, haven't heard any names yet?

Going to have to be pretty careful with this as I've read on here the talk of dropping another rider to get "two" better one's in, probably just talk but if that is on the cards then Comets are going to have to move PDQ to get something sorted for Thursday? :o

i think a certain rider will be ok for thursday because he used to ride there.. then its up to him to really show us what we would miss.

chris mills guesting for newcastle today.. could be the 1 time he gets double figures...

But re-declare with whom, haven't heard any names yet?

Going to have to be pretty careful with this as I've read on here the talk of dropping another rider to get "two" better one's in, probably just talk but if that is on the cards then Comets are going to have to move PDQ to get something sorted for Thursday? :o

I'm pretty sure they will announce who, when they get official confirmation from the BSPA that the change(s) are OK.

i think a certain rider will be ok for thursday because he used to ride there.. then its up to him to really show us what we would miss.

chris mills guesting for newcastle today.. could be the 1 time he gets double figures...

Only rider i can guess you're assuming at is Simon Lambert. Which would just be like for like to replace Mills really.

Or it could be Koppe i suppose, best option I've seen so far from what's available!

Edited by skj

The Comets announced that they'd sacked James Wright, then couldn't sign Picsz, James rode in the next match and did quite well.

so you are saying Wells is 1 poor showing away from the chop.

If not then a double change upto a total of just over 10 pts

so you are saying Wells is 1 poor showing away from the chop.

If not then a double change upto a total of just over 10 pts

Wells has been less than impressive all season IMO, I would take anton Rosen over him any day and use the extra point to play with on a reserve

• Like 1

I think there will be another change along with Mills, probably will be Wells.

This would leave us 10.46 points left to be able to re-declare at 42.50, think the promotion may be looking to change the balance of the team with two 5 point or so riders, with us able to track one of them at reserve hence have a potential match winner there.

Wonder if Michael Palm-Toft could double up? I see his average is 4.92, seems to have impressed the Belle Vue fans. Can't see many clashes with there fixtures

This would leave us 10.46 points left to be able to re-declare at 42.50, think the promotion may be looking to change the balance of the team with two 5 point or so riders, with us able to track one of them at reserve hence have a potential match winner there.

Wonder if Michael Palm-Toft could double up? I see his average is 4.92, seems to have impressed the Belle Vue fans. Can't see many clashes with there fixtures

MPT can't double up as BV already have 2 double uppers in their team, which is the limit. Or otherwise I'd have MPT in my fantasy teams everytime. :)

Can't have Palm-Toft as BV only allowed 2 riders to double-down

anton rosen mat prove difficult, we already have 1 dane missing the odd time due to danish commitments.. but its anice thought..cant BELIEVE newcastle offloaded him for a world cup star plus change.