British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Swindon V Belle Vue 26/5/14

Weather should be mostly fine tomrorrow..

So 'rock up' and enjoy it everyone...

Edited by yerropes
  • Like 1

Oh I will be rocking up. Whether I will be enjoin is another thing though. Watching through my fingers I think

We just don't seem to be clicking away from home and yourselves are ever improving

Edited by Phil The Ace

Can anyone give me info on getting the Sky tickets for a tenner for this meeting please, the link on the Robins website wouldn't work in the week but now it's saying they are not available. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Not according to this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636389

Have to hope the forecast changes throughout the day and bear in mind Blunsdon does have its own micro climate and can often be different to Swindon.

Making the trip up. Let's hope for a rain free meeting

Don't expect us to get close TBH

Hooe it will be Charles wright guesting if stef unavailable

Charles Wright in the line up for BV along side Brendan Johnson at reserve.

If this meeting should go ahead, heavy rain forecast in the Swindon region in the coming hours, any idea which reserve rides where?

does anybody know if the re-admission tickets from the abandoned meeting against Birmingham are valid for tonight's meeting?

Despite the disadvantage we have at reserve, compounded by Nielsen's injury, on paper we should be winning at Swindon.

Zagar and Nicholls are better around Swindon than any current Swindon rider and Cook and Worrall are at least a match for their Swindon counterparts. Those four should be enough to cover the shortfall at reserve and the deciding factor could be the scores at 2 for each team.

Having said all that we got battered in the A fixture and so far our away form this season has been worse than any of the last 10 years so I'm expecting another defeat unless we finally start doing what it says on paper.

You've covered all bets apart from the draw. Would you like to add that as well?

Despite the disadvantage we have at reserve, compounded by Nielsen's injury, on paper we should be winning at Swindon.

Zagar and Nicholls are better around Swindon than any current Swindon rider and Cook and Worrall are at least a match for their Swindon counterparts. Those four should be enough to cover the shortfall at reserve and the deciding factor could be the scores at 2 for each team.

Having said all that we got battered in the A fixture and so far our away form this season has been worse than any of the last 10 years so I'm expecting another defeat unless we finally start doing what it says on paper.

Cant see Nicholls being better at Swindon than any of our top 3, esp Killer.

And Worrall is absolute gash at Swindon.

They really need to cover the track for tonight's meeting with SKY coming down it would be unacceptable if this were to be postponed. I feel we need to get some home meetings in.

Where do you live in Swindon gater? Whats the weather currently doing?

Started to rain.....

Is there dogs today?....does that effect any possiblity of covering the track?...if not considering some forcast's covering the circuit would be the wisest option....maybe?!

If this meeting should go ahead, heavy rain forecast in the Swindon region in the coming hours, any idea which reserve rides where?

To answer my own question lol...taken from the official BV site

SWINDON: Peter Kildemand, Simin Gustafsson, Nick Morris, Dakota North, Troy Batchelor ©, Nathan Greaves, Steve Worrall
BELLE VUE: Matej Zagar, Richie Worrall, Scott Nicholls, Michael Palm Toft, Craig Cook ©, Brendan Johnson (G), Charles Wright (G)

BBC weather forecast for Blunsdon http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636389 is not good and has potentially meant a no show decision from me already and that from someone who lives 50 miles to the west.

Skpy Speedway tweeted earlier "Tonight's meeting latest news is light rain then stopping at 20.00. Swindon are hopeful meeting will go ahead. We will update SS1@19.30"