British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Swindon Mon 2nd June

He should be suspended for that decision, refs should be accountable for all the decisions they make, he made 2 big mistakes, The Barker incident and the fact he failed to push the meeting through quicker. It doesnt matter whether Sky are there or not, PRIOR to 7.30 the black clouds were all around, why didnt he act?

The riders were on the track a good 10/15mins before Heat 1!!

That Barker decision was a disgrace, never seen anything like it. Imagine if that had been Heat 15 with it 42 all!! Refs will make mistakes but that was incompetence more than an error, would Tony Steele have made that decision. Very quick to make a decision, so didnt bother with the replay it seemed,

I think he just got a dislike for Plymouth Riders, he's just following on from Plymouths meeting at Rye House, where according to Plymouth supporters that went to the meeting, said he didn't have a clue what he was doing, so par for the course I would say.

Edited by Devildodger

From the Pits to watching the pits, The Ronniw and Rosco cartel was so evident last night, it was all set up the minuite it started to rain, Rosco to Ronnie we wont ride in this it' dangerous. Lets wait 15 mins and see if it gets worse Ron, that way we wont get to ht 10. So what does every one do follows suit, Troy doesnt want to get his kevlars wet so he wants to go home. This was only the second time I have been to Bham this year and it showed that the BSPA monopoly do not want Bham to do any good. Sky delayed the meeting when any other time they would have been at heat 3 before the meeting started, made to move forward to get the meeting finished. Overall a p--s poor performance by Sky the mafia and the paying public got robbed. Shame on all of you

And Elvis isn't dead, 9/11 was all a hoax, man never landed on the moon etc.

• Like 2

Nick, on the other hand, is one of those guys who I'm amazed continues to hold down an Elite League position - I truly think he's out of his depth.

I hereby nominate this for quote of the year.

He's been riding full time Elite League since turning 16. Holding down a pretty decent average as a heat leader in 2014.

I admit for some strange reason he does struggle at Birmingham, I suppose most riders have so called bogey tracks, but "out of his depth"? I have to ask - How many times have you actually seen him ride?

• Like 1

I'm no great fan of Morris, but he's a competent enough EL second string, it is strange he can't get to grips with PB though as it's not like introducing a Pole to Eastbourne.

Around half a dozen times at Lakeside - maybe a couple of times as a guest.

He's never (to the best of my memory) scored well; looks very uncomfortable on his bike and hasn't ever impressed.

Apologies if I've upset people with my point of view. But that is the purpose of a forum - isn't it?

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

He (Nick Morris) goes well at Leicester..... He's comfortable in the Premier League, but I think he is guilty as many double -uppers in the Elite League, he over rides and gets into all sorts of pickles! Will be better when he matures on track a little....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Around half a dozen times at Lakeside - maybe a couple of times as a guest.

He's never (to the best of my memory) scored well; looks very uncomfortable on his bike and hasn't ever impressed.

Apologies if I've upset people with my point of view. But that is the purpose of a forum - isn't it?

I suggest you look at his record at lakeside then - Certainly not out of his depth at your local track.

• Like 1

the barker decision was atrocious, how you can say it was correct is beyond me lol

When I said theBarker decision was down to him, I meant the ref. As in he didn't have the decision of the pace of the meeting but that potential howler of a call was his work!

And I explained his [the refs] logic. Being at the track and not seeing it on sky yet I can't say if it was right or not but suspect probably not!!

Using that messed up theory then Josh Grajczonek should be excluded here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLi-RCjKpQ8

It was the same ref wasn't it SCB on Friday

Not a good meeting with the delays and eventual call off. The only plus point was the continued improvement of Danny King who may have got his name included in the World Cup Team.

Not a good meeting with the delays and eventual call off. The only plus point was the continued improvement of Danny King who may have got his name included in the World Cup Team.

he was only pants at the start of the season so he could get his double up sorted...

From the Pits to watching the pits, The Ronniw and Rosco cartel was so evident last night, it was all set up the minuite it started to rain, Rosco to Ronnie we wont ride in this it' dangerous. Lets wait 15 mins and see if it gets worse Ron, that way we wont get to ht 10. So what does every one do follows suit, Troy doesnt want to get his kevlars wet so he wants to go home. This was only the second time I have been to Bham this year and it showed that the BSPA monopoly do not want Bham to do any good. Sky delayed the meeting when any other time they would have been at heat 3 before the meeting started, made to move forward to get the meeting finished. Overall a p--s poor performance by Sky the mafia and the paying public got robbed. Shame on all of you

Shame on you, your conspiracy theory and misrepresenting what Troy actually said and did! :rolleyes:

Mafia? Cartel? You have been watching too many spy movies.

• Like 1

he was only pants at the start of the season so he could get his double up sorted...

Not sure about that, his performances last year were not good and some what inconsistent, but doubling up has helped him.

Edited by A ORLOV

It's amazing, reading some of the posts on here and also on the Speedway Facebook groups. You can't help but wonder if some sort of collective insanity has got into the heads of many speedway supporters around the country. So much venom and abuse over a few rain offs, as if there is some sort of conspiracy being run throughout the speedway establishment. It's crazy.

I'm sure there was a time when people in speedway used to take notice of this forum, and sometimes opinions and posts on here would have an effect. Not any more though, I suspect. Because there's so much nonsense on here. The world's gone stupid.

And as for the stick and abuse aimed at Rosco, let's look at the rain-offs this year.

At Coventry, the match should have been called off at heat 9, but they forced through to heat 10 to a result. this is because of the rule that they seem obsessed with on Sky. get to heat 10. get a result. Rosco wasn't happy. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

Swindon v Birmingham - the weather became progressively worse throughout the evening. Meeting was abandoned. Rosco said over he PA that it could have possibly been forced through to heat 10 to get a result, but that wouldn't be fair. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

At home to Belle Vue. Sky kept on about calling the match at heat 10. Belle Vue's top 2 were clearly unhappy with conditions, as were many Swindon riders. They made a call at heat 10 to give it longer before calling it off. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

Last night at Birmingham. Rosco says on TV that he doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off to get a result. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

It's the same stance he's taken every time, and it's a sensible one.

spot on and so true

Doubt if many in positions of authority have ever read this,... so much sodding negativity from some of these keyboard warriors, in amongst the more intelligent posters. Most people join then probably give up reading some of the drivel because of the whingers, who seem to be in the majority.

It's amazing, reading some of the posts on here and also on the Speedway Facebook groups. You can't help but wonder if some sort of collective insanity has got into the heads of many speedway supporters around the country. So much venom and abuse over a few rain offs, as if there is some sort of conspiracy being run throughout the speedway establishment. It's crazy.

I'm sure there was a time when people in speedway used to take notice of this forum, and sometimes opinions and posts on here would have an effect. Not any more though, I suspect. Because there's so much nonsense on here. The world's gone stupid.

And as for the stick and abuse aimed at Rosco, let's look at the rain-offs this year.

At Coventry, the match should have been called off at heat 9, but they forced through to heat 10 to a result. this is because of the rule that they seem obsessed with on Sky. get to heat 10. get a result. Rosco wasn't happy. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

Swindon v Birmingham - the weather became progressively worse throughout the evening. Meeting was abandoned. Rosco said over he PA that it could have possibly been forced through to heat 10 to get a result, but that wouldn't be fair. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

At home to Belle Vue. Sky kept on about calling the match at heat 10. Belle Vue's top 2 were clearly unhappy with conditions, as were many Swindon riders. They made a call at heat 10 to give it longer before calling it off. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

Last night at Birmingham. Rosco says on TV that he doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off to get a result. Conclusion - Rosco doesn't agree with forcing matches to heat 10 and then calling them off just to get a result.

It's the same stance he's taken every time, and it's a sensible one.

People are just jealous of the success Rosco has achieved...something they couldn't envisage in their own tiny lives, and post anonymously rather than saying it to the target's face. Criticising riders from the safety of their PC's, wouldn't have the bottle to ride a speedway bike the sad gits :t:

Edited by Whiplash Willie
  • Like 2