British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Leicester V King's Lynn Saturday June 7th

Didnt go last night but the starting marshall is a problem at leicester, always needling the away riders and grabbing the front wheel of the bikes to pull them forward it was only a matter of time before a rider had a go back, well done Iversen.

Must admit I have never seen a starting marshall like this one.The bloke was just such a busybody.He couldn't wait for the riders to get around the fourth bend so he tell them look this is where you will go.At all the tracks I have been to the marshall normally lets the riders have a little dig of the track and let them find the suitable position to start from,and then they would draw them to the tapes.Maybe this marshall wanted to the centre of attention rather than letting the riders have it.

• Like 1

Now I do want the track changing not because I don't like it but because I am sick to the back teeth of this every sunday morning. I do hope they do change it. Because lets face it Swindon on thursday night 'one of the best tracks in the country' was an absolute cracker..... wasn't it?

If Iversen is doing sub 60 heats how on gods earth was anyone doing 61/62/63 going to have a 'good race' with him.Stead was able to pass why couldn't everyone else Oh that will be because Stead is an allround quality rider and 'can' pass.That will be why.

Kings Lynn were far the better team on the night and thanks to Kerr packing the wrong gloves it wasn't worse.

Get real !!!!

Now I do want the track changing not because I don't like it but because I am sick to the back teeth of this every sunday morning. I do hope they do change it. Because lets face it Swindon on thursday night 'one of the best tracks in the country' was an absolute cracker..... wasn't it?

If Iversen is doing sub 60 heats how on gods earth was anyone doing 61/62/63 going to have a 'good race' with him.Stead was able to pass why couldn't everyone else Oh that will be because Stead is an allround quality rider and 'can' pass.That will be why.

Kings Lynn were far the better team on the night and thanks to Kerr packing the wrong gloves it wasn't worse.

Get real !!!!

You could be right.. How refreshing to have a whole new perspective on things.

Obviously everyone else is wrong.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Get real !!!!

Tina, I guess you're still waiting for Darcy to put the track debate to bed once and for all then. After all, if he can pass on the track then your case will be well and trully rested.

If Korneliussen is doing sub 62 heats how on gods earth can you expect someone doing 59 sec heats to have a 'good race' with him. blimey o'reilly Tina, you've surpassed even yourself with this post. Back to facebook with ya!!

You could be right.. How refreshing to have a whole new perspective on things.

Obviously everyone else is wrong.

Thank you.

That's why i'm saying lets get the track changed and then we will see. I've heard the riders on SKY being interviewed and all you get is 'Gating is so important and we just aren't gating'

Please don't quote me world cups and GP's as they are a different kettle of fish altogether.

I said when Poole were coming that Darcy would test our track if he didn't gate and all I got was 'Oh so you have to be a world class rider to pass at BP' Well that is why he is world class you spoon because he can ride a bike.

That's why i'm saying lets get the track changed and then we will see. I've heard the riders on SKY being interviewed and all you get is 'Gating is so important and we just aren't gating'

Please don't quote me world cups and GP's as they are a different kettle of fish altogether.

I said when Poole were coming that Darcy would test our track if he didn't gate and all I got was 'Oh so you have to be a world class rider to pass at BP' Well that is why he is world class you spoon because he can ride a bike.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

However, Once again I have no idea what your talking about.

Have a nice day.

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 2

Thank you for your prompt reply.

However, Once again I have no idea what your talking about.

Have a nice day.

Cracking comeback. Can you not do better?

Cracking comeback. Can you not do better?

I'm not really here to score points or convince anyone that I'm right or they are wrong.

In my opinion the Leicester track does not produce decent entertainment/racing. Something is drastically wrong with it, I'm not a track expert I just pay my money and hope to enjoy the racing. I'm afraid at Leicester the enjoyment factor is very low.

But on the plus side it was a lovely night weather wise.

I decided to have a look at things on bet365. Well, my decision not to commit any of my time and money so far this year was vindicated. In future I will probably also avoid the waste of time of watching on bet365, Leicester home matches anyway - but of course I appreciate its also quite possible to have a duff match almost anywhere now and then.

And if the match score had been close before the start of heat 15 last night, there would have been eulogies galore about what an exciting match it was etc etc. because that heat did actually give us a decent race and showed that entertainment is not all about passing. Unfortunately it was only a single match point at stake in this instance.

I'm not really here to score points or convince anyone that I'm right or they are wrong.

In my opinion the Leicester track does not produce decent entertainment/racing. Something is drastically wrong with it, I'm not a track expert I just pay my money and hope to enjoy the racing. I'm afraid at Leicester the enjoyment factor is very low.

But on the plus side it was a lovely night weather wise.

Same here...I just want to enjoy it but last night I admit the heats were processional but they aren't always and because the way the Leicester track is now so scrutinised to with in an inch of it's life."Lets watch Leicester and see how many passes we can count" it is spoiling my enjoyment.

Mads knows every inch of that track and probably knows NKI's riding style like the back of his hand of course NKI was never going to get passed him if he didn't gate

Edited by TMW

The track is crap end of, just hope SKY don't go there with there cameras blimey I don't normally turn meetings off because Speedway is Speedway but this wasn't this was crapway.

The track is crap end of, just hope SKY don't go there with there cameras blimey I don't normally turn meetings off because Speedway is Speedway but this wasn't this was crapway.

You can't polish a turd?

• Like 1

Are you related to hemsley as you have defended his awful shaped track since it opened even though experts & the Paying public say how bad it is and needs changing you still believe like hemsley it's ok

Are you related to hemsley as you have defended his awful shaped track since it opened even though experts & the Paying public say how bad it is and needs changing you still believe like hemsley it's ok

I've never followed the herd and don't intend to start now