British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Chris Harris didn't qualify for the GP series.He only got a place after the withdrawal of 2 of BSI's selected wildcards Emil and Gollob) Surely in future if this happened again it would be more sensible to allow BSI to select another wildcard of their choice rather than having to trawl through the non qualifiers of the GP challenge.

You'd have thought BSI would have just made up there own rules. Just like they did when they gave Andreas Jonsson Jason Crumps place in stead of Troy Batchelors as the rules stated and then to rub salt into Troys wounds they gave Ales Dryml the 1st reserve spot too!!

Enjoyed this GP - was unpredictable and not all about who had the best set up. Make them all indoor :D

And as usual ruined by ruts and lack of passing.

Indoor meetings, the death knoll of GP RACING.

• Like 3

You might have a point is the next GP thats in an indoor stadium with a one off track was not the highest attended GP of the year, every year, by a long way. Death knell? Cardiff and Copenhagens attendances are something that could have only been dreamed off pre-2001.

You might have a point is the next GP thats in an indoor stadium with a one off track was not the highest attended GP of the year, every year, by a long way. Death knell? Cardiff and Copenhagens attendances are something that could have only been dreamed off pre-2001.

I agree attendance is a different animal.

RACING is mostly dull on the temporary tracks.

I applaud what BSI have done in bringing GP racing to the masses.

But i have yet to attend a Cardiff event and am ever unlikely to pay good money for what i would class as an inferior product.

• Like 1

Just to clarify: you would rather watch speedway at Leicester than brum because of the stadium.

But you wouldn't pay an extra ten quid to watch the worlds best riders, riding eight extra heats, in a world class stadium and with racing likely to be better than you would see at bp? (appreciate there is extra travel cost getting to cardiff)

I'm sorry but that is pure rubbish

Troy Batchelor odds to win his first 5 heats were 8/1, 5/1, 4/1, 8/1, 4/1. For those 5 alone the odds are 12,149-1

I explained in my post how I came to my odds. You hadn't answered the previous questions about how u came up with your figures, and as scb had pointed out your methodology is "pure rubbish" as it is not one a bookmaker would use.

And as usual ruined by ruts and lack of pasding.

This I do agree with. I found it so frustrating that you had the likes of tai and darcy chasing riders, having much better speed, but as soon as they went off the line to try to pass they went backwards. You know something is wrong when you are willing someone like ward to just consolidate rather thsn try to pass. Edited by waihekeaces1

I explained in my post how I came to my odds. You hadn't answered the previous questions about how u came up with your figures, and as scb had pointed out your methodology is "pure rubbish" as it is not one a bookmaker would use.

Lets put this arguement to sleep one and for all.. No bookmaker will take a bet on even a double on the same rider let alone an accumulator.. On the odds they advertise they are for singles only so even the 1000-1 said by Nigel and Kevin was just plucked out of the air.

Just to clarify: you would rather watch speedway at Leicester than brum because of the stadium.

But you wouldn't pay an extra ten quid to watch the worlds best riders, riding eight extra heats, in a world class stadium and with racing likely to be better than you would see at bp? (appreciate there is extra travel cost getting to cardiff)

This I do agree with. I found it so frustrating that you had the likes of tai and darcy chasing riders, having much better speed, but as soon as they went off the line to try to pass they went backwards. You know something is wrong when you are willing someone like ward to just consolidate rather thsn try to pass.

Not that clarity is needed its just a choice. I find i have enjoyed meetings at Leicester more than i have at Brum. That includes the whole experience.

And NO i wouldn't pay an extra ten quid to watch a GP on ANY man made track because the racing can be routine and riders unable to give it there all. Put simply, it isn't worth the extra cost.

Everyone i speak to who goes to Cardiff says the same thing - we don't go for the racing we go for the atmosphere, which to me kind of sums up just how poor the racing can be at Cardiff.

Don`t ask me to choose watching racing at Leicester or Cardiff - it has already been answered.

Just to clarify, i think what BSI have done for GP Speedway is excellent - taking it into massive stadiums for the masses - wonderful.

The cold hard facts however is that the general sporting population still aren't aware about our sport because the media in the main don't even mention it. Lets just ignore the fact that 40 odd thousand people pack into the Millennium Stadium!

This I do agree with. I found it so frustrating that you had the likes of tai and darcy chasing riders, having much better speed, but as soon as they went off the line to try to pass they went backwards. You know something is wrong when you are willing someone like ward to just consolidate rather thsn try to pass.

BATCHELOR didn't seem to have much trouble ... Darcy desperately needs a wise head in his pit bay.

• Like 1

Lets put this arguement to sleep one and for all.. No bookmaker will take a bet on even a double on the same rider let alone an accumulator.. On the odds they advertise they are for singles only so even the 1000-1 said by Nigel and Kevin was just plucked out of the air.

It was a tweet from a bookmaker, they didnt pull it out of the air (unless they lying)

BATCHELOR didn't seem to have much trouble ... Darcy desperately needs a wise head in his pit bay.

His Dad?

Is that like the JFK "grassy knoll"? :blink:

Thought it was a decent meeting dispite the lack of a crowd.

Will Batch be a won hit wonder ? Me maybe thinks so. Darcy, i will help him in the pits. :D

I agree with what you say about Ward needing a wise head. Unforunatly the way the gp system is he hasnt learnt to ride with his head yet. Got passed in his last ride rather than settle for the point. And yet again he bombed out in the semi finals not sure wether its the pressure or not but he does have trouble getting further. His gating and inability to get out of the semis will in my view stop him from being world champion.

As for lack of passing i thought the racing was ok. Wards pass on Lindgren was sublime. Tai passed people and so did Batchelor. Ina gp series you are going to encounter hard tracks to pass on. Ward needs to learn how to ride all types of tracks.

Its no coincedence that Tai and Iversen are in the top 3 again and Hancock as well. These guys do it on all size tracks.

Just because Ward is the most excitig rider in the world it doesnt make him the best rider in the world

• Like 2

Thought it was a decent meeting dispite the lack of a crowd.

Will Batch be a won hit wonder ? Me maybe thinks so. Darcy, i will help him in the pits. :D

needs to learn not to over ride when in scoring positions and to stop flunking out in the semis

For those people who say Ward hasnt got a semi final phobia the stats are:

2013: 9 GP'S - 8 Semi-Finals - 2 Finals

2014: 6 GP'S - 3 Semi-Finals - 1 Final

In 15 GP's Darcy has had 11 Semi Finals yet only reached 3 finals - 27% strike rate.

Compere that with Tai

2013: 12 GP'S - 10 Semi-Finals - 6 Finals

2014: 6 GP'S - 4 Semi -Finals - 3 Finals

In 18 GP's Tai has had 14 Semi Finals and reached 9 Finals. - 65% strike rate

They both reached on average the same number of semi finals yet Tai converts into finals hence why he is World Champion.

Until Darcy handles the pressure better then he may never get to be champion.

• Like 1