British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

I suggest we all get behind those trying to deliver this as it can only be good for the sport. Those wishing to try and de-rail it through negativity, or are simply critical of progress as a result of understandable frustration, should perhaps hold fire and look forward to basking in the glow of 'I told you so' if it fails. I know from having waited for exactly a year since brentford fc gained full planning permission for our new stadium that time just passes without anything apparently happening... It's just the way it is in this country..

OK then - you want someone to say it, so I will: I think your bang out of order with your comments. You were being worse than cynical - you were actively trolling.

The stadium is being built by the Manchester authorities - a mixture between Manchester City Council and the East Manchester Regeneration group. It will be approximately 350m in size with 10m straights and 12-15m bends.

It has come about because those involved have ignore trolls and cynics and is a credit to everyone involved - council, speedway promoters, speedway authorities and fans.

Even SCB has conceded that, despite his initial (huge) scepticism, it looks like happening. So that leaves you. What purpose, other than to completely undermine the hard work and commitment shown by those involved, do you think your cynicism serves? Are you simply a sad person who takes pleasure in undermining others?

My goodness, the sport is on its knees in this country and those involved need encouragement not condemnation.

Is it too difficult to say this looks amazing and I really hope that it's as good as it looks? Because that's how I feel about it.

Thank You. I genuinely hadn't seen any of this stuff and was very tempted to be cynical because British Speedway is notoriously poor at delivering.

I genuinely appreciate your response, and am happily put in my place. I'll eat a piece of humble pie - the cake offered by the house bully wasn't so appealing

• Like 1

Thank You. I genuinely hadn't seen any of this stuff and was very tempted to be cynical because British Speedway is notoriously poor at delivering.

I genuinely appreciate your response, and am happily put in my place. I'll eat a piece of humble pie - the cake offered by the house bully wasn't so appealing

A little late, I know, but I'm making my Christmas cake tomorrow - I'll save you s piece. Better than humble pie 😄
  • Like 1

i'll tell you what Wendy if you get a spare hour you'll find plenty of people in the first 12 pages who were convinced it wouldnt happen

you should cut and paste a selection and laugh at them

if you got nowt else to do!!

i'll tell you what Wendy if you get a spare hour you'll find plenty of people in the first 12 pages who were convinced it wouldnt happen

But it's true what Wendy says. Had Enough is a name that suits him. He is cynical and sarcastic on just about everything that is done in speedway. He's just a troll having a laugh at the sport of speedway. Very sad.

• Like 1

I would imagine most people thought that at one time.

It was a discussion and some were cynical because it's speedway.

Why should those who doubted eat any form of humble pie for not agreeing with another camp?

I am glad it has been realised after so long.

It was a farce but it's ended well so good luck to BV. They will need it.

But it's true what Wendy says. Had Enough is a name that suits him. He is cynical and sarcastic on just about everything that is done in speedway. He's just a troll having a laugh at the sport of speedway. Very sad.

I don't know you from Adam but you strike me as one of the nastiest types on this place so does that make YOU a troll?

I don't know Had Enough either but he is entitled to his opinion just as you are entitled to argue with it.

I have been a fan of this sport since I was 14 and it's a silly but exciting sport and cynicism and sarcasm have been around regarding this sport for as long as I can remember.

I trust nothing this sport says so does that make ME a troll.

If we all agreed with you it would be a very dull forum.

Had Enough probably does not have the entourage you do so will not have many defenders but they have as much right to an opinion on this sport as you do. Just because you had some job in the sport does not mean you are superior to anyone else here.

You are a fan like me and like Had Enough.

I no longer go because of various reasons no concern of people such as yourself and HE has had enough as many here have. But I suspect he has had enough of the baggage the sport carries rather than the sport itself and his thoughts on the sport are as valid as yours.

Too many people on high horse here. Even Morrissey Fan comes out with some good posts on this forum.

That's why its interesting :)

• Like 1

dear pandorum,

the rubbish that was talked in the early days of this project was beyond cynical - it was smartarses who wanted it to fail so thy could gloat.

Tsunami isn't at all nasty IMO he's a geordie so therefore a bit exciteable at times - i've had spats in the past but you have to respect his knowledge. Sometimes he tells us things we probably don't want to hear

• Like 2

No doubt when the stadium is up and running those that were forever saying it would never be built will be back on full of negative comments about the track, stadium, terracing etc. One thing it will definately be is far better than Kirky Lane.

• Like 3

I would imagine most people thought that at one time.

It was a discussion and some were cynical because it's speedway.

Why should those who doubted eat any form of humble pie for not agreeing with another camp?

I am glad it has been realised after so long.

It was a farce but it's ended well so good luck to BV. They will need it.

I don't know you from Adam but you strike me as one of the nastiest types on this place so does that make YOU a troll?

I don't know Had Enough either but he is entitled to his opinion just as you are entitled to argue with it.

I have been a fan of this sport since I was 14 and it's a silly but exciting sport and cynicism and sarcasm have been around regarding this sport for as long as I can remember.

I trust nothing this sport says so does that make ME a troll.

If we all agreed with you it would be a very dull forum.

Had Enough probably does not have the entourage you do so will not have many defenders but they have as much right to an opinion on this sport as you do. Just because you had some job in the sport does not mean you are superior to anyone else here.

You are a fan like me and like Had Enough.

I no longer go because of various reasons no concern of people such as yourself and HE has had enough as many here have. But I suspect he has had enough of the baggage the sport carries rather than the sport itself and his thoughts on the sport are as valid as yours.

Too many people on high horse here. Even Morrissey Fan comes out with some good posts on this forum.

That's why its interesting :)

That comment coming from you made me laugh. Whether it be speedway or politics, one can always rely on you wading in insulting folks left right and centre. Been commented on by many posters who are not in '"my entourage", as you put it. Do you always go around looking down at your shoes. The world is an exciting place and interesting, not the depressing and grey area you seem to live in.

Edited by Tsunami

I'm already eating humble pie and happily so. And I've already said a big thank you to both Rob and Wendy who took the time and effort to spell out what's actually happening.

Others seem delighted to spend their time just wading in, insulting folks, and belittling the original poster (in this case me), when apparently they could have made the same effort to provide the real picture.

As pointed out above by pandorum, the BSPA does itself no favours and there are loads who are naturally cycnical - and are perfectly entitled to be so. The sport should not be above the treatment that other sports are exposed to in National media (the sort of coverage speedway should be screaming for), but some people seem to think the sport is above that ... why?

The latest bizarre happenings of the EL to PL conversion rate not being announced (although the return of the Y/B helmet colour was obviously very important), plus the latest realignment of the useless articifical points untactical joker (which proves how pointless it is), and now the mystery of the possible but not quite sure Aussie 5.00 or 7.00 assessed average just shows the BSPA to be a disorganised, dysfunctional bunch who dont even trust each other when they are trying to run their own sport.

Enjoy whatever happens in 2015 - I can definitely live without it, and speedway won't miss me, the same way it hasn't missed the hundreds if not thousands who have already walked away. Speedway's solution is shrink-to-fit, throwing money into the pit with no sign of improvement to the overall state of the sport. The EL has lost both Eastbourne & Birmingham, and everyone accepts it. The PL has become almost as bad as the EL with multiple guests - and now the Aussie average saga ... why can't they just sit round a table, agree the strategy to adopt and then wait until the decision is made? So simple, yet they can't do it, and play political games which make them look (IMHO) fecking stupid.

I don't care if you say good riddance and throw rotten eggs at me as I walk away - I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and then go looking for another target who dares to say anything that challenges the low quality, low-profile way the sport is run. Just wonder about whether the BSPA is doing anything to attract any new fans - not just a few, but hundreds of new long-term converts.

dear pandorum,

the rubbish that was talked in the early days of this project was beyond cynical - it was smartarses who wanted it to fail so thy could gloat.

Gloating ..the irony .

Gloating ..the irony .

you are not making yourself clear

unless you think i am gloating because it is in fact being built

whereas in fact i am very happy about it and always was

unless i'm misunderstanding you

Edited by ch958

dear pandorum,

Bollocks. Plenty were cynical BUT I dont believe a single person wanted this to fail.

in fact most of the cynics were at pains to point this out, as the accusation of them "wanting it to fail" was consistently and erroneously aimed at them.

• Like 3

Of course your gloating ....otherwise there would be no need to go on about people being wrong all the time . As I said irony at it's best .

Of course your gloating ....otherwise there would be no need to go on about people being wrong all the time . As I said irony at it's best .

ok maybe they didn't actually WANT it to fail but they certainly would have enjoyed saying "told you so" if it had - it was the grinding pessimism which riled me

anyway the main point thing is it is there!! and i'm sure we're both happy about that

Edited by ch958
  • Like 2