British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

What are you finding mysterious about the situation at the NSS? Its been well documented what the problem has been and what's being done to rectify it.Same as the Loch Ness monster in as much that some people won't accept the truth.

So what is the truth???? Does the NSS really exist or are we being told porkies?

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1682

I`m coming down to the SWC Race off and Final, at this rate it could double up as opening night.

Very dangerous idea my friend. I would wait till 2017 for your first BV visit.

I think the BV promotion ought to start negotiating a shared track for this season cos the NSS ain't happening.

• Like 1

Well, those of us who were slagged off as pessimist, naysayers and the like are looking pretty spot on now. Notice how those who called us these names have all gone into hiding recently?!

Just tired of the nonsense comments.

I you are all so clever, why did so many buy tickets for the opening meeting.

At least I held back and told you he reasons why.

• Like 1

Is it the ground that the NSS was built on? Surely the sub-soil can't be that different to where Hyde Road and the Dog Track are? Admittedly, those stadia would have had bases down for some time before they attempted to stage a meeting. If there was something like an underground river, or a water spring causing the issue, surely this would have been detected before they started construction.

If the situation wasn't mysterious before, it is becoming so now and it is becoming more likely that "Nessie" will indeed be found deep down under turn 3. "The Third Man" is a classic British film noir, in which the lead man investigates the mysterious death of a friend. Maybe "The Third Bend" will be made into a similar cinematic success.

I can only offer my sympathies to the Aces supporter, particularly the ones who invested in season tickets, expecting to see not just EL, but NL matches as well. At this rate, they will have finished their away 'A' league fixtures before they have ridden on their home track. Has there ever been a situation like this before?

Just tired of the nonsense comments.

I you are all so clever, why did so many buy tickets for the opening meeting.

At least I held back and told you he reasons why.

Some of us didn't buy tickets because we guessed being opening night there would be teething problems. But my god this is the teething problem or all teething problems! Even cynical little me is shocked at home bad this farce has become!

I actually feel so sorry for the BV fans right now.

But my god this is the teething problem or all teething problems! Even cynical little me is shocked at home bad this farce has become!

More then once on the BV track threads I have quoted Bristol opening night in the summer of 1977. As the fans were coming into the stadium, in fact as the fans were in the stadium (the start was delayed) there was a mechanical digger on bend 4 still working on a bloomin big hole, but the meeting went ahead. If I remember correctly, some riders didn't like the situation and refused to ride. The meeting was horrendous and was a big mistake to carry on, but it did. I didn't hear of any fans complaining on the internet like they have for Belle Vue - oh, just remembered, there was no internet in those days, just had to carry on with life. To me that's one thing wrong with the internet, news now is 24 hours per day, reporting ll sorts of information, but listeners of the news (including via internet) DEMAND to know all the detail about everything, most of which would not be available just 20 years ago

• Like 1

Who actually owns the stadium? Is it David Gordon / Chris Morton or the council? If it's the council, is it time for them to employ someone else to run speedway at their stadium?

I feel for the long-standing Belle Vue fans - they deserve better than this.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

FFS!

That's the weirdest post I've ever read.

Edited by ouch

i'm starting to call bull$hit on this, there seems to be too many problems, my son in law is a civil engineer and he's more than sceptical that a simple thing such as a base is the root of all the "problems". What are the chances on not seeing any racing at all this year at the NSS ?

I wonder if there may not be any racing ever . when all the trouble kicked off about the first meeting getting abandoned ,I wondered what Manchester council would think about getting egg on their faces , after heavily investing in a minority sport . have any of the other things .Football ,basketball , started yet ?

I wonder if there may not be any racing ever . when all the trouble kicked off about the first meeting getting abandoned ,I wondered what Manchester council would think about getting egg on their faces , after heavily investing in a minority sport . have any of the other things .Football ,basketball , started yet ?

Racing will commence next week.

MCC are fully behind the project still

Edited by Phil The Ace

MCC are fully behind the project still

Thats good news . I feared the worst , is the place being used for anything else yet ?

Thats good news . I feared the worst , is the place being used for anything else yet ?

Not yet. As it's still classed as a construction site u till the track is fully finished

How on earth can you say that with any sort of confidence?!

• Like 2

Who actually owns the stadium? Is it David Gordon / Chris Morton or the council? If it's the council, is it time for them to employ someone else to run speedway at their stadium?

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

I respect your opinion but TOTALLY disagree these two men have given the best part of 10yrs( time and money) to bring us one of the if not the best stadium and Track ( once the issues are ironed out) that we have in this country from scratch and built for s/way only.It is already an amazing feat IMO and I wish them well and forward to many visits in the future.

Chris Morton's first track my beloved Ellesmere Port lies in ruin waiting for the bulldozers so i am so glad that this track has come to fruition and IMO it is safe and caring hands

• Like 2