British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
montie

Sheffield V Scunthorpe Pl 12/6/14

Would imagine that it is somebody becoming an asset as opposed to a new signing personally. These big announcements so often end up being a damp squib

Why do we always have to wait for these 'big' announcements.?

Would be great if Steady was to be our asset (Mr Sheffield speedway anyway),would also be good if Josh were to be our asset too, but not really 'big' announcements just speedway news.

the way the post reads on the official site makes me think its a rider coming in. Im still thinking Facu for Nielsen.

Does that make a big difference ? If it was facu on the engines he had last season I cant see any benefit.Yes he was exciting but not on the pace !!!!!!!!

Josh Bates would make a great addition to the asset base...young..talented and entertaining....exactly the type of rider clubs should invest in

Cant see the positive side of racing scunny tomorrow when we knew Proctor would be missing.I know hes not set the world on fire yet but to take on scunny a rider short spells disaster to me and the potential of edinboro getting a result next week doesn't really set us up for the Berwick cup tie.At the end of the month we could be out of both cups bottom of the league and the season will be flat.I would love to be proved wrong and hope I am.Could we not have held a top gun and give bates Nielsen and poole a meeting with no pressure and invited a couple of foreign lads over ? Just a thought.

• Like 1

Very quiet on this thread. Sooooooo! Good luck to Scunny tonight.GO STING THEM TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

The BIG news ' Uncle signs nephew ' wow, thats so inspirig for tonight. One thing that is puzzling me,.Scunny recently cancelled a meeting because one of their riders (Klindt) was missing, yet are willing to take on a team with a rider (Proctor) missing. They must be so desperate to get to play offs. I have no doubt they will win big against the Tigers as they have beaten full sides twice at Owlerton already. Dont think we are a strong side ,even when Proctor rides. Steady reminds me of a captain of a sinking ship. Plenty of brave fighting talk but can't get his crew to save the ship from going under. Still, I'm hoping for a miracle and we get a 46-44 win.

BTW its a brilliant day for speedway

The BIG news ' Uncle signs nephew ' wow, thats so inspirig for tonight. One thing that is puzzling me,.Scunny recently cancelled a meeting because one of their riders (Klindt) was missing, yet are willing to take on a team with a rider (Proctor) missing. They must be so desperate to get to play offs. I have no doubt they will win big against the Tigers as they have beaten full sides twice at Owlerton already. Dont think we are a strong side ,even when Proctor rides. Steady reminds me of a captain of a sinking ship. Plenty of brave fighting talk but can't get his crew to save the ship from going under. Still, I'm hoping for a miracle and we get a 46-44 win.

BTW its a brilliant day for speedway

You could argue that RR for Proctor actually makes the Tigers a little stronger, heis average around Owlerton is under 5 so with Stead taking an extra one plus the rest, i dont think it make you weaker does it???

You could argue that RR for Proctor actually makes the Tigers a little stronger, heis average around Owlerton is under 5 so with Stead taking an extra one plus the rest, i dont think it make you weaker does it???

For me, Tigers are much weaker without Proctor, he looked much faster last week against Glasgow and would have scored paid 11 from 4 but for a ridiculous decision from the referee to exclude him for jumping the start twice in heat 11, when he clearly didn't in the second running of that heat. Edited by Tigerite