British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Django

Workington Vs Edinburgh 14th June 7pm (premier League)

heat 10 line up lawson, campton/fricke sneddon.. who is you money on for a win..

I can see a reserve change there!!!

I don't think the promoters had any option other than to call it off. No conspiracy theories, ulterior motives or hidden agenda's. It just wasn't possible given the delay getting an ambulance, the track ambulance and doctor having to leave the track, the handover time and then getting them back to the circuit. There just wasn't time. The promoters had no choice. I accept that. What I can't accept is that the situation should arise in the first place. It seems most clubs run with one ambulance and one doctor, which is the minimum the rule allows. The fact that it's never happened before at Workington shows that it can happen and it can happen anywhere. They are just one 'unfortunate incident' away from a call off. They're running meetings with their fingers crossed. In a sport at the mercy of the weather and every team suffering multiple rain offs, do we really need another reason to call a meeting off?

Medical cover is expensive and most clubs can't afford it. The reason they can't afford it is because there aren't enough bodies coming through the gates and that's because they've driven them all away and it's pretty much the diehards that are left. Customers are hard to find and easy to lose. The casual fans can watch Speedway on SKY, Sweden and the Grand Prix on Eurosport and Poland on the Internet. If there's a rain off, they change channels.

I've a bee in my bonnet because it's the second time in as many months I've spent a small fortune travelling to meetings that haven't happened and as someone suggested, I'm going to draw a line under it and move on, but don't expect to see us at Workington or Peterborough anytime soon.

But it has happened before at Workigton before,ironically with the same rider Howarth vs Berwick.Meeting abandoned and ran at alater date.Like you say it puts you off travelling to meetings even when the weather is fine nowadays. Edited by Fromafar

i broke my duck once, did not need an ambulance for that either.. funny innit.

heat 10 line up lawson, campton/fricke sneddon.. who is you money on for a win..

Lawson from the tapes after he gets away with another flier but straightens up across the first and second bend, thinking the Edinburgh skipper is coming round the outside of him. Unbeknown to Lawson, he's been replaced by Reserve of the year Stevie Worrall who cuts up the inside and flies off into the distance to equal the track record. Meanwhile at the back, there's an almighty battle going on between the two Aussies which later involves Lawson as he looks behind and thinks he wants a bit of entertainment... he covers his partner on the inside with - as is normal, both of his wheels over the white line exiting turn 2 just as Mad Max drives round the outside and clinches second to put the Monarchs up by 2...

Lawson then comes round to do a bit of gardening at the exit of turn 2 so that he can get a bit of drive off the rugby pitch for his impending Ht13 defeat of the British #2...

• Like 1

Lawson from the tapes after he gets away with another flier but straightens up across the first and second bend, thinking the Edinburgh skipper is coming round the outside of him. Unbeknown to Lawson, he's been replaced by Reserve of the year Stevie Worrall who cuts up the inside and flies off into the distance to equal the track record. Meanwhile at the back, there's an almighty battle going on between the two Aussies which later involves Lawson as he looks behind and thinks he wants a bit of entertainment... he covers his partner on the inside with - as is normal, both of his wheels over the white line exiting turn 2 just as Mad Max drives round the outside and clinches second to put the Monarchs up by 2...

Lawson then comes round to do a bit of gardening at the exit of turn 2 so that he can get a bit of drive off the rugby pitch for his impending Ht13 defeat of the British #2...

Sounds a though the fans missed out a good race,would the meeting then been abandoned because of the time curfew it would not have been possible to run ALL remaining heats.!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds a though the fans missed out a good race,would the meeting then been abandoned because of the time curfew it would not have been possible to run ALL remaining heats.!!!!!!!!!!

Correct, might have got two races in at best, definitely not the full six? :sad:

• Like 1

i broke my duck once, did not need an ambulance for that either.. funny innit.

The way Deeks going at the moment, he'd have been lucky to beat the curfew never mind another rider.

The way Deeks going at the moment, he'd have been lucky to beat the curfew never mind another rider.

Wa Wa Waaaaaaaaaa, Thank You very much, I'm here all week!!! :D Dont give up the day job mate? ;)

I can see a reserve change there!!!

so can i , but it never happened.lol

you were doing ok, until the track record came into it.

dancy missing a cracking race like that. boo the N.H.S for haveing cutbacks. fancy spoiling our nights entertainment.

• Like 1