British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

Stoke Potters V Scunthorpe Stags 28/6

The Potters take on the Scunthorpe Stags tomorrow at Loomer Road starting at 7PM but will the weather be the winner again in this re-arranged fixture? I hope not.

The Stags will have former Potters rider Alan Mogridge in their pits, supporting fast improving son Arron.

URGENT PRESS RELEASE FROM STOKE SPEEDWAY

Stoke v Scunthorpe

After their ten point victory over Kent at Sittingbourne on Monday the Stoke Potters are confident that they can go three matches unbeaten with a victory over Scunthorpe at Loomer Road (7.00pm) this evening.

The Potters have named an unchanged team with Adam Kirby continuing to deputise for James McBain although the Scotsman is expected to be fit to return next weekend. Kirby has proved an admirable stand in and at Kent in particular he weighed in with an invaluable seven points that helped turn the match Stoke’s way. Having said that all of the Potter’s rode well and are the only visiting team to have won in Kent this season and they have achieved it on two separate occasions.

Scunthorpe have placed an emphasis on youth this season and it will be interesting to see how their team can shape up to the Potters. Any rain is expected to clear the area by early afternoon which should ensure a perfect racing strip for this evening.

Teams:

Stoke

Jon Armstrong, Chris Widman, Ben Hopwood, Lee Payne, Ben Wilson, Rob Shuttleworth, Adam Kirby

Scunthorpe

Steve Jones, Arron Mogridge, Danno Verge, Ryan MacDonald, Sam Chapman, Liam Sanderson, Reece Downes

Stoke Team Manager Malcolm Vasey said “I feel very confident that we will win this match and move into the National League Play-Off positions with matches in hand. We have put our defeat against Cradley behind us and are moving forward. Next week we hope to finish the job against Kent and then we will face Kings Lynn in the semi final of the Cup. We arte doing well on all fronts and the improved support this season has been helpful.”

URGENT PRESS RELEASE FROM STOKE SPEEDWAY

Stoke v Scunthorpe

After their ten point victory over Kent at Sittingbourne on Monday the Stoke Potters are confident that they can go three matches unbeaten with a victory over Scunthorpe at Loomer Road (7.00pm) this evening.

The Potters have named an unchanged team with Adam Kirby continuing to deputise for James McBain although the Scotsman is expected to be fit to return next weekend. Kirby has proved an admirable stand in and at Kent in particular he weighed in with an invaluable seven points that helped turn the match Stoke’s way. Having said that all of the Potter’s rode well and are the only visiting team to have won in Kent this season and they have achieved it on two separate occasions.

Scunthorpe have placed an emphasis on youth this season and it will be interesting to see how their team can shape up to the Potters. Any rain is expected to clear the area by early afternoon which should ensure a perfect racing strip for this evening.

Teams:

Stoke

Jon Armstrong, Chris Widman, Ben Hopwood, Lee Payne, Ben Wilson, Rob Shuttleworth, Adam Kirby

Scunthorpe

Steve Jones, Arron Mogridge, Danno Verge, Ryan MacDonald, Sam Chapman, Liam Sanderson, Reece Downes

Stoke Team Manager Malcolm Vasey said “I feel very confident that we will win this match and move into the National League Play-Off positions with matches in hand. We have put our defeat against Cradley behind us and are moving forward. Next week we hope to finish the job against Kent and then we will face Kings Lynn in the semi final of the Cup. We arte doing well on all fronts and the improved support this season has been helpful.”

Doesn't sound like dust will be a problem today!!

Gutted I can't be there to see if the younger Moggo is anything like the older one! I reckon Alan would get a bigger reception than most of the riders on show tonight!

In the meeting, should be a comfortable win for Stoke. Will be interesting to see how on the pace the Scunthorpe lads are.

Very one sided tbh , but young Modridge is definitely a fine prospect who will more than cope with NL speedway and potentially beyond.

Just to note that Armstrong reverted to number one with Wilson dropping to number five for Stoke.

Gutted I can't be there to see if the younger Moggo is anything like the older one! I reckon Alan would get a bigger reception than most of the riders on show tonight!

In the meeting, should be a comfortable win for Stoke. Will be interesting to see how on the pace the Scunthorpe lads are.

I think some Stags are trying to run before they can walk but they put on a good effort

I think some Stags are trying to run before they can walk but they put on a good effort

In days gone by I would of returned home from a meeting and said "the lads are not there yet but they put the effort in". That for me doesn't wash anymore unfortunately. I have been told that to see where you are you need to put yourself up against better people. That's is all well and good but don't ask people to pay for it. I work too hard to put my money into lob sided affairs and this division is giving that at present; not the riders fault but the ruling bodies. They need to think what they want from the league and the standard of rider they want in it and enforce it. Ridiculous that you have people who can get max in the elite riding against teams containing first year beginners. Not good enough speedway I am sorry; too many other entertainment outlets to hold me at present.

• Like 3

In days gone by I would of returned home from a meeting and said "the lads are not there yet but they put the effort in". That for me doesn't wash anymore unfortunately. I have been told that to see where you are you need to put yourself up against better people. That's is all well and good but don't ask people to pay for it. I work too hard to put my money into lob sided affairs and this division is giving that at present; not the riders fault but the ruling bodies. They need to think what they want from the league and the standard of rider they want in it and enforce it. Ridiculous that you have people who can get max in the elite riding against teams containing first year beginners. Not good enough speedway I am sorry; too many other entertainment outlets to hold me at present.

We found the falls a bit of a bind but Scunny is a 1 off team tbf