British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Coventry Bees (wed 2nd July 2014)

beat Kerr several times but said showing (not meaning just this meeting) is good every week against teams and able to beat Tai at wolves!

If Garrity didn't shine with some of the other far inferior riders in the draft then it would've been a miracle & it's how he does against the 2nd strings that he should be judged on.

That said that was a good ride against Tai.

Result as expected...on a plus side Hans scored 17 and MJJ 13 in Denmark tonight! :lol:

Fantastic news ! Makes up for the ZERO and ZERO for their comedy replacements. At least I can say I could have done no worse

myself.

Happy days

• Like 2

What was the crowd attendance like?

Pretty good really - basing that on how full the car parks were, it was pretty much as usual. sprinkling of Bees fans as we'll. Some good moves to watch from NKI, Porsing and Robert. Glad I went.

• Like 1

I dont get all the congratulating of Coventry. Harris beat 4 riders in 10 attempts. Hansen beat Lewis Rose in 8 attempts to beat a Lynn rider. Sarjeant beat a rider who fell off and a blank. Garrity did well. Whoopie-fcking-do. Its really not desereving of a well done is it?

So the change to the rule book should be as follows: if a Danish League Meeting is unavoidable equivalent guests to those riders missing can be used????

• Like 2

I dont get all the congratulating of Coventry. Harris beat 4 riders in 10 attempts. Hansen beat Lewis Rose in 8 attempts to beat a Lynn rider. Sarjeant beat a rider who fell off and a blank. Garrity did well. Whoopie-fcking-do. Its really not desereving of a well done is it?

Quite!

I live too far away now to go to home meetings, even further to KL, but it doesn't stop the love for my team. I usually follow the comments from SilverBee and Mr Bees updates avidly on twitter because I know they'd be there when they could, come rain shine etc!

But not tonight...

Tonight, nothing from our stalwarts, because they are so fed up they didn't go...

So. I followed some reporter, who couldn't have been any more patronising if he'd tried...

What has hurt me more than the loss at this meeting, Is the complete and utter contempt that's shown to the most loyal, die hard fans, that have followed the Bees all over the Country for years....Or should I say did!!

Well done British Speedway! :mad:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 5

well we enjoyed it. worth it just to see Robert Lambert. There were some good tussles tonight.

Not a bad meeting racing-wise after heat 7 so glad I went. Up to then tho I was beginning to wonder as it was just gate and go.

Some great moves/ passes by Niklas, Robert and Niels and for me the best 'Bee' was Lasse Bjerre - his battle in ht8 with Lambert the best of the night imo. Harris did much as I'd expected having only one good ride when he gated in ht15. Garrity was ok but Hansen was dire. The other 2 guests battled hard but I'm amazed neither was replaced by Garrity in their last rides. Mind you he'd had 2 goes at Lewis Rose already so maybe that was for the best.

Crowd was about normal - better than last week I think - but no surprise really I suppose as I'd be surprised if 10% of the crowd read the speedway forums.

Wouldn't have thought Cov would get close to getting a point tonight tho even with a full team, but there'd have likely been a few more close races. Even so - not a bad meeting by any means to watch, and arguably better than Eastbourne last week!

Surprised there was a decent turnout. Not the best we've had, but a long way from the worst. As predicted on here the result was inevitable, but there were a few decent races with Lasse and Lambert swapping places being the best...... Niels was in a class of his own tonight, I swear he gets smoother each week. He weaves his magic around the track like an illusionist, Never have I seen him so polished. That first heat, when on .3 sec off the 12 yr track record was worth the admission alone. I felt sorry for Simon Lambert, who must surely have been embarrassed to be half a lap adrift. My time at Lynn I've seen some wonderful talented riders, a few World Champions, But Niels performances tonight were up there with the best of them...

Good to see Kenneth back among the points, will do his confidence no harm at all. As expected most home riders collected the spoils. Also expected, Bomber was by far the best visitor and even when beaten he battled to the end. Had a good victory when he gated in heat 15.

Don't know what to say about Garrity, People seem to rave about him, but I'm troubled by what I see. He appears to lose bike control and sometimes his head. When he gets in front he goes very well. In his first ride he comes tearing out of the fourth bend straight across the track in front of Rose, who comes a cropper. I'm not saying Garrity was the cause of the stoppage but Rose wouldn't have come off if it hadn't been for Garrity. Then in Heat9 , from the gate Kerr on the inside and Rose had made the jump, Garrity is all arms and legs front wheel peering in the air, like someone hanging on like hell, he get the wheel down and in an effort to turn, smack straight into Rose taking him out. Nobody near us, could believe the Ref wanted all four back. I know that Garrity beat Kerr three times tonight, but I think Lewis didn't want to rush his return and thought best to take it easier.

As always enjoyed our speedway match, shame about all the rules and issues surroundings this fixture. Pity the powers at B didn't care more about the roots of the sports and the effects their decisions have. I watched Buster intently tonight. He was his normal self rushing here there and everywhere to do whatever was needed for the meeting to run smoothly. It wasn't right that someone like him should be pillared, when all he wanted to do was promote a speedway match......

Why do politics, always have to get in the way.....

• Like 2

Since becoming a Star Niels has certainly joined my small list of riders I have loved/love watching race/ride/speed round Lynn on their own, list includes Michael Lee, Dennis Sigalos, Henka Gustaffson, Leigh Adams .... :-)

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

I am in despair with Speedway after a lot of years, I have been visiting Birmingham Speedway over the last two years and this season the writing was on the wall on my visits, crowds? down, very little support from locals, bearing in mind all the problems they had to overcome petitions etc and it appears now have gone to the wall. When are the Speedway authorities going to wake up, tonight the Bees were at League leaders King Lynn for what should have been a real cracker of a meeting for both sets of supporters, what team could we send, yes a team of three premier league riders with averages under 6 points to represent Coventry. Why because the Speedway Authorities deem that it is what it should be, send a below average team for a top of the table meeting. I can't believe that genuine Kings Lynn supporters got a great deal of pleasure from watching this type of meeting, this us not sour grapes but a genuine request for the people in charge of a Speedway to pull heir finger out before more teams pull put the way Birmingham has. I am a season ticket holder (2) but I cannot see the justification for laying out over 500 pounds each season to watch INFERIOR Speedway. I don't blame Mick Horton, I blame the people who administer this sport, they are killing it and when they have the inquests in years to come, WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME. Come on Mr Harkness give us some information WHY we are obliged to present under strength teams in a League matches in the hope of making the Play Offs. You have a responsibility to put our sport right otherwise the likes of myself with over 50 years of supporting Speedway will not renew my Season tickets and find some other interest on Friday night. Full marks to Mick Horton and his team they try but are beaten by the lack of support from the Speedway authorities. I quote one of my favourites when Emil rode for Coventry at Birmingham he put 900 on the gate, following week we had Todd Kurtz as number 1 because Emil was appearingin a Russian fixture which didn't allow for a suitable replacement. What other sport would equate with Speedway, None. Be warned we face a bleak future unless these problems are sorted out for Speedway supporters and Speedway Promoters.

• Like 1

I am in despair with Speedway after a lot of years, I have been visiting Birmingham Speedway over the last two years and this season the writing was on the wall on my visits, crowds? down, very little support from locals, bearing in mind all the problems they had to overcome petitions etc and it appears now have gone to the wall. When are the Speedway authorities going to wake up, tonight the Bees were at League leaders King Lynn for what should have been a real cracker of a meeting for both sets of supporters, what team could we send, yes a team of three premier league riders with averages under 6 points to represent Coventry. Why because the Speedway Authorities deem that it is what it should be, send a below average team for a top of the table meeting. I can't believe that genuine Kings Lynn supporters got a great deal of pleasure from watching this type of meeting, this us not sour grapes but a genuine request for the people in charge of a Speedway to pull heir finger out before more teams pull put the way Birmingham has. I am a season ticket holder (2) but I cannot see the justification for laying out over 500 pounds each season to watch INFERIOR Speedway. I don't blame Mick Horton, I blame the people who administer this sport, they are killing it and when they have the inquests in years to come, WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME. Come on Mr Harkness give us some information WHY we are obliged to present under strength teams in a League matches in the hope of making the Play Offs. You have a responsibility to put our sport right otherwise the likes of myself with over 50 years of supporting Speedway will not renew my Season tickets and find some other interest on Friday night. Full marks to Mick Horton and his team they try but are beaten by the lack of support from the Speedway authorities. I quote one of my favourites when Emil rode for Coventry at Birmingham he put 900 on the gate, following week we had Todd Kurtz as number 1 because Emil was appearingin a Russian fixture which didn't allow for a suitable replacement. What other sport would equate with Speedway, None. Be warned we face a bleak future unless these problems are sorted out for Speedway supporters and Speedway Promoters.

Name another sport that allows a team to replace team member/s with someone else from another team in the same league, or any other team in the same sport??

Coventry New this would occur with Andersen, and again when they signed MJJ, so who's fault is it really? You sign foreign riders, you take the risk that they will miss matches, so don't sign em! If you do, these are the consequences..!!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

Name another sport that allows a team to replace team member/s with someone else from another team in the same league, or any other team in the same sport??

Coventry New this would occur with Andersen, and again when they signed MJJ, so who's fault is it really? You sign foreign riders, you take the risk that they will miss matches, so don't sign em! If you do, these are the consequences..!!!!

Signing foreign riders can work, But you do it with your eyes open.

We attended a Supporters Meeting back in Nov or Dec 2013. There, Buster explained why our fixture days varied from week to week. He went to great lengths exacting the reasons why. As our proposed team had 3 Danes, all wanting to ride in their native country operating on Wednesdays and Friday's, it was essential that some of our race nights had to be altered, hence we have Thurs and Fridays as well as Wednesdays

Coventry's problems were no different, and had they had been as meticulous as Buster, there would have been no problem. The signing of MJJ merely accentuated the issue.

Buster has shown, it is possible to sign foreign riders and make it work.

Edited by GRW123