British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Leicester -v- Belle Vue Saturday 5 July 2014

[/quote

We all know there is a problem with the track. But the vast majority of people who read this forum are just fed up with posters like yourself and robert72 going on and on, day in day out. If anyone posts about a good meeting, they get shot down in flames by yourselves, if someone posts about a skilful manoeuvre by a rider, they get told it was a mistake by another rider.

To be honest I have got to the point now that just for the shear hell of it I will argue with you.

P.S. I will be on holiday from sat 12th so could you meet me for the wolves meeting?

I have agreed previously, that the track is wrong but I can say that I enjoyed the match against BV last Saturday.

• Like 1

We will all see the Leicester track on Sky in a weeks time.

I think some of them live in some sort of BP bubble. Good luck to them though. As for the so called vendetta on here, it's just passionate people who want better for the name of Leicester Speedway and it's paying public. Whilst nothing is done about the track then it's only natural that it will be discussed. If Glyn Taylor had been allowed to change things after the first season, as was suggested at the time, then maybe we could have all moved on to discussing other things.

I think you and Big Al have missed my point? I was trying to say that if the people who attend BP have only been going to speedway since the track opened then they would not really know any different. Not all people are like myself or yourselves, watching sky meetings, or the GP, or the meetings from Sweden. Yes I will accept there are many who do know how it should be, and they seem to be passionate about their speedway. But I do not think by slagging the Lions of at every opportunity, trying to dissuade people from attending will help your cause ??
  • Like 1

I think you and Big Al have missed my point? I was trying to say that if the people who attend BP have only been going to speedway since the track opened then they would not really know any different. Not all people are like myself or yourselves, watching sky meetings, or the GP, or the meetings from Sweden. Yes I will accept there are many who do know how it should be, and they seem to be passionate about their speedway. But I do not think by slagging the Lions of at every opportunity, trying to dissuade people from attending will help your cause ??

At no point have I slagged the Lions off or tried to dissuade people from attending. I have merely enquired as to the quality of the speedway on offer. After rarely missing a meeting over the first 3 seasons, I have finally given up hoping next week will be better. Sure there has been the odd glimmer of hope along the way but the track consistently fails to produce the kind of speedway I want to see and have seen at other tracks.

Not on the telly, but live and at some pretty run down stadiums that can only dream of being as good as the facility at BP ( as I've said before, well done on that score ). They do however have tracks that produce the level of speedway racing I want to see.

Of the group of half a dozen of us that stood together during the first season at BP, united in our love of speedway and the Lions, none of us now go to Leicester. Saddening after all that hope.

• Like 2

I think the Lions have a decent team now, and don't get into slagging off riders.

But i have to agree with LionsBearsTigers. For me the thrill has gone, as BB King sang.

If there are people who still get a kick out of what's provided at Leicester, good for them. But to me, it's speedway, but not as we know it, Jim. I like my speedway to give me a faster pulse, make me jump up and down and shout. That's why i always stood rather than sat down. Surely that's what speedway should be about, not just waiting to fill in the programme and only get excited by the numbers against riders' names.

Jeez, the closest we got to excitement at times last year was looking at the programme as seeing 5 3's against Magnus' name. If that's what turns you on that's fine, but i need more than that!!

• Like 1

Not been to see the Lions for the last two seasons after going every meeting and some aways . The racing or lack of it is possibly the main reason and also full price for a student means £30+ is a little steep for me and my son. The faclities are great and probably even better now they've replaced the portaloos, the staff are very firendly and viewing areas in my opinion are up there with the best (don't like tracks with dog tracks round the outside much) If only Leicester could have the racing it craves I'm sure they would double the gate and it be worthwhile.

No disrespect to Plymouth but when I went there in 2011 the "facitlities" made BP look like a new National Stadium yet the racing on the smallest track I've ever seen was exciting.

These are the views on updates for the first four heats, admittedly the txter might be very enthusiastic but, imagine if these were heats at BP I think we'd be looking at a full house some weeks.

Heat Results

Heat 01: Barker, Graversen, Nieminen, Franchetti 3-3 50.25

Line Up: Barker, Franchetti, Nieminen, Graversen
Comments: Plymouth win toss and take 1-3.
Franchetti takes R/R.
Stopped: Unsatisfactory start all 4 back.
Re-run: Cracking opening heat!. Graversen gates but Barker winds it on to go around him turns 1 and 2 pushing Nieminen out in the process, Barker went on to win by a postcode, Meanwhile at the back Nieminen chased down Franchetti nearly getting him on bend 4 of lap 2 before he produced a classy cutback on bend 2 of lap 3 to take 3rd, Franchetti battled hard but no chance of re-passing.

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.co.uk

Heat 02: Hughes, Wright, Oliver, Franchetti(EX) 3-3 6-6 51.84
Line Up: Franchetti, Hughes, Oliver, Wright
Comments: Stopped: Wright goes down bend 4 lap 1 after Franchetti had made a move up the inside, Looked to Mikey that there was contact and Franchetti excluded. Crowd not happy. Tight call but probably the right one. Hughes was leading at the time after making a blinder off gate 4.
Re-run: Great ride from Hughes!. Lions gated but Hughes makde a cracking pass on both Leicester riders on turn 4 of lap 1, He went on to win fairly easily.

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk [/b]

Heat 03: Bondarenko, Smart, Kristiansen, Bager 3-3 9-9 53.44
Line Up: Smart, Kristiansen, Bondarenko, Bager
Comments: Fun and games in this one!. Kristiansen pushes Bondarenko wide on turns 1 and 2 before Bager nips up inside to take the lead, Bager then all out of shape in turn 3 which caused Kristiansen to pretty much stop. That allowed Bondarenko and Smart through and that was that. Smart did get very close to the russian at the finish.
Sponsored by: [/b]

Heat 04: Hughes, Wells, Karlsson, Wright(F) 5-1 14-10 52.72
Line Up: Wells, Hughes, Karlsson, Wright
Comments: Hughes with a cracking gate to lead into turn 1, However unware that his partner was making an outside run accidently pushed him into the minor places allowing both Lions through. Wells though undetered passed Wright on bends 3-4 lap 1 before chasing down Karlsson and classy cut back on bend 4 lap 2 and that was that!.

Just chipping in ten pence worth and to all those that still go and enjoy it good on you though it really is a missed opportunity if the track isn't changed to bring some great racing to people who deserve it and all those who fought long and hard to bring it back.

• Like 1

Was talking to a group of Brummies fans last night who went to this meeting (their first visit) and they said they thought it was a great meeting with passing.

I am sure the regular Hemsley/track haters will be spluttering their coffee at that comment. :D

• Like 1

Was talking to a group of Brummies fans last night who went to this meeting (their first visit) and they said they thought it was a great meeting with passing.

I am sure the regular Hemsley/track haters will be spluttering their coffee at that comment. :D

No offence, did they have white sticks?

• Like 5

No offence, did they have white sticks?

The Leicester fans wouldn't lend them one. :P

• Like 1

another ridiculous post even by your standards.......if you or you're Brummie mates think that was a "great" meeting the death of professional speedway is fast approaching.

another ridiculous post even by your standards.......if you or you're Brummie mates think that was a "great" meeting the death of professional speedway is fast approaching.

You could add that the continual moaning of some about `the final nail` (that seems to be trotted out day after day, week after week, season after season) is just as a ridiculous comment.

Obviously to some whingers anyone who actually enjoys Speedway is `ridiculous`.

Just to add another great EL meeting at Monmore last night with superb racing. I would imagine that too is a ridiculous comment. :icon_smile_clown:

You could add that the continual moaning of some about `the final nail` (that seems to be trotted out day after day, week after week, season after season) is just as a ridiculous comment.

Obviously to some whingers anyone who actually enjoys Speedway is `ridiculous`.

Just to add another great EL meeting at Monmore last night with superb racing. I would imagine that too is a ridiculous comment. :icon_smile_clown:

I couldn't care two hoots if the racing was "superb" at wolves last night.....I'm only concerned with the "quality?" of the "entertainment" at Leicester.

I couldn't care two hoots if the racing was "superb" at wolves last night.....I'm only concerned with the "quality?" of the "entertainment" at Leicester.

And you couldn't care if others opinions on the entertainment is different from yours either.

• Like 1

I think you need a holiday as you are clearly losing the plot.

Do the paying public expect to be entertained or just go hoping for the match win ?

What do the supporters at Man city , Chelsea , Liverpool, Crewe or any sports team want????..... 1st and foremost a team win. Regardless of how it happens. If Leicester continue to win then I would expect the attendance to increase. We probably have the biggest attendances in the sport anyway!!

I think you need a holiday as you are clearly losing the plot.

Do the paying public expect to be entertained or just go hoping for the match win ?

What do the supporters at Man city , Chelsea , Liverpool, Crewe or any sports team want????..... 1st and foremost a team win. Regardless of how it happens. If Leicester continue to win then I would expect the attendance to increase. We probably have the biggest attendances in the sport anyway!!

If we can keep the current 7 riders fit, I doubt we'll get beaten up at home again....

With a few home wins on the bounce, the "feel good" factor will return, we've had a very trying first half of the season this year, what with lack of home meetings (various reasons Inc rain offs/fixture clashes) even with the non elite league meetings we've had on some occasions, you can't beat league racing......

Track preperation has been tricky this year as well with very poor weather in the run up to the start of the season, followed by lots if rain in the days running up to meetings, and Glyn does a great job, in sometimes no time whatsoever!!

The meeting against Belle Vue last Saturday generated some of the best team spirit from the riders i've seen all season, and that makes a big difference to how riders handle themselves on track as well...

Let's hope the weather gods are fair to us this Monday coming with Sky there for the first visit.

• Like 1