British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

So the gating tart won again....... hope there was something exciting to do while he was on track.[/quote

He does a lot of damage to speedway, there are of course a lot of reasons it's not popular, but the general public all say it's the gate and go tarts like him why they do not go. So thanks Greg it's because of you hardly anyone goes anymore.

THERE have been many crash and stupid comment posted on the bsf since I first took an interest but this one takes the biscuit. Greg Hancock to blame for falling attendances? What planet are you on...

And just as an aside ... when Greg met people from Great Ormond Street Hospital at the post-meeting Press Conference within seconds he promised to come over from Sweden especially to visit the hospital and to see the extremely poorly kids that are treated there. Top rider and a top bloke as well. He also gave away some items of his racing gear including a signed steel shoe to the couple who donated £10,000 to Tai's GOSH charity ride during the course of the meeting.

• Like 7

THERE have been many crash and stupid comment posted on the bsf since I first took an interest but this one takes the biscuit. Greg Hancock to blame for falling attendances? What planet are you on...

And just as an aside ... when Greg met people from Great Ormond Street Hospital at the post-meeting Press Conference within seconds he promised to come over from Sweden especially to visit the hospital and to see the extremely poorly kids that are treated there. Top rider and a top bloke as well. He also gave away some items of his racing gear including a signed steel shoe to the couple who donated £10,000 to Tai's GOSH charity ride during the course of the meeting.

The word Legend is very easily used nowdays, but that is what Greg is to speedway. Top man.

Edited by Starman2006

You didn't say that you didn't like a rider did you?

That is quite different.

I am sure we all have riders we are not keen on mine is Greg Hancock

I am sure we all have riders we are not keen on mine is Greg Hancock

From my point of view i can't say i hate any one rider. But i do have riders im more of a fan of if you like. Greg proved himself to be a very ameanable bloke when he rode for us last year. ive always liked Chris from the days he rode for the IOW and Darcy has had an awful lot of bad publicity in the last few years, but really he is a good lad.The same as Antonio Lindback. I also have a lot of time for Kyle Newman, at the other end of the scale if you like, does all the right things, superb with sponsors and appreciates everything he gets, good with fans kids and parents come across very well still open to a lot of improvement if he can stay clear of any injuries.

• Like 1

The word Legend is very easily used nowdays, but that is what Greg is to speedway. Top man.

Especially by Pearson, every other person is a legend according to him, so when a real legend deserves the status of legend it is undervalued because of the overuse of the word.

Is Hancock a legend? It depends how you define a legend I guess, is it in titles or longevity at the highest standard. If the latter then maybe Hancock is worthy of the legend status.

From my point of view i can't say i hate any one rider. But i do have riders im more of a fan of if you like. Greg proved himself to be a very ameanable bloke when he rode for us last year. ive always liked Chris from the days he rode for the IOW and Darcy has had an awful lot of bad publicity in the last few years, but really he is a good lad.The same as Antonio Lindback. I also have a lot of time for Kyle Newman, at the other end of the scale if you like, does all the right things, superb with sponsors and appreciates everything he gets, good with fans kids and parents come across very well still open to a lot of improvement if he can stay clear of any injuries.

I didn't use the word hate, hate is a very strong word he is just a rider I do not like.

Anybody you admire that doesnt ride for Poole lol

In all seriousness Holder 'grew up' and now maybe Darcy might slowly do the same. It was good to see him ride with his head at Cardiff for a change as usually he would be winding it all on hitting ruts and coming down. Maybe his earlier fall made him realise he had to respect the track for a change.

I didn't use the word hate, hate is a very strong word he is just a rider I do not like.

Sorry mate, misquoted, riders not keen on.

I enjoyed it...and the sausage roll was timed just right....

So the gating tart won again....... hope there was something exciting to do while he was on track.[/quote

He does a lot of damage to speedway, there are of course a lot of reasons it's not popular, but the general public all say it's the gate and go tarts like him why they do not go. So thanks Greg it's because of you hardly anyone goes anymore.

ive read some daft stuff on here but do yourself a favour mate and get off the forum if you are going to make daft statements. you obviously are not a fan of the sport if you think Hancock is a cause of the sport not being popular.

JUDGING by the reception Greg received at the Millennium before and even after he had pipped Tai to the victory I would suggest that we could do with a few more Hancocks to bring in the fans.

• Like 6

Anybody you admire that doesnt ride for Poole lol

In all seriousness Holder 'grew up' and now maybe Darcy might slowly do the same. It was good to see him ride with his head at Cardiff for a change as usually he would be winding it all on hitting ruts and coming down. Maybe his earlier fall made him realise he had to respect the track for a change.

Greg Hancock, top bloke Scott Nicholls could be a real Ambassador for British speedway, Jason crump Antonio Lindback even Nicki Pedersen when he not riding a bike... :D Darcys a young man, and still very keen, he is maturing slowly it might take him a litlle bit longer than some anticipated to reach the top. Chris had that roughness eraticness knocked out of him when he joined us, he matured quicker than Darcy.

Didnt go to the fanzone but i cannot understand why IMG/BSI paid the council to close roads when in the old pedestrianised area no road closures reqd.Or was it because there seemed to be more people on bends 3 and 4 than in previous years so fanzone closer to that part of the stadium. 50K attendance LOL i'd guess 42-43K i sat where i normally do on bend 1-2 halfway up and loads of spaces nearby and not many sat behind us.Track was a major improvement and provided a few reasonable races.Somerset friday night was by far the better meeting.

Sorry Philip, but I find your comment stupid as well, having worked along side Greg in the Coventry pits he was a great guy and will help anyone, but tracks everywhere struggle to get many punters in, and of course it's not all Gregs fault, but if every rider was as good at gate and go as Greg even more wouldn't come through the turnstiles.

We'll if that's what you all want god help speedways future.

ive read some daft stuff on here but do yourself a favour mate and get off the forum if you are going to make daft statements. you obviously are not a fan of the sport if you think Hancock is a cause of the sport not being popular.

Sorry, I should have said riders like Greg.