British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Were not talking weeks or months, we are talking a couple of weeks. To my knowledge Cardiff have had no events in the last week. If your going to do it, you do it properly. Now, just say its finished on Wednesday, then they have a problem, you have no time to rectifiy it and its been given no time to bed in.. Lay it 2 weeks in advance giving it a week to bed in, any problems that arise can then be rectified without running round like headless chickens.. Old saying fail to prepare prepare to fail..

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to rent the stadium for 2 weeks rather than just the 1?

The Millennium Stadium website still has no details of any park and ride car parking for Saturday.

I assume that there still will be some this year.

For the Heineken Cup rugby they were using a different car park than the one usually used for the speedway so I was trying to check the details

The Millennium Stadium website still has no details of any park and ride car parking for Saturday.

I assume that there still will be some this year.

For the Heineken Cup rugby they were using a different car park than the one usually used for the speedway so I was trying to check the details

From the Speedway GP website:

PARK & RIDE sites accessed from J33 of the M4 - Cost £10 per car

International Sports Village (BLUE CAR PARK)

County Hall (GREEN CAR PARK)

Drop off points will be:

International Sports Village - Tresillian Way north, at rear of Railway Station

County Hall - Callaghan Square north, in lay-by by Ever Sheds

The car park will open at 9:00am, with the first bus at 9:30am. The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 10:30pm, with the car park closing at 11pm.

• Like 2

That`s because I`ve got a wise head on old shoulders-much like you Philip :lol:

WE'LL have to stop this love-in otherwise people will talk

Starman in wrong shocker

• Like 5

Were not talking weeks or months, we are talking a couple of weeks. To my knowledge Cardiff have had no events in the last week. If your going to do it, you do it properly. Now, just say its finished on Wednesday, then they have a problem, you have no time to rectifiy it and its been given no time to bed in.. Lay it 2 weeks in advance giving it a week to bed in, any problems that arise can then be rectified without running round like headless chickens.. Old saying fail to prepare prepare to fail..

So are you saying it's not two weeks just fourteen days? :shock::cheers:

• Like 1

From the Speedway GP website:

PARK & RIDE sites accessed from J33 of the M4 - Cost £10 per car

International Sports Village (BLUE CAR PARK)

County Hall (GREEN CAR PARK)

Drop off points will be:

International Sports Village - Tresillian Way north, at rear of Railway Station

County Hall - Callaghan Square north, in lay-by by Ever Sheds

The car park will open at 9:00am, with the first bus at 9:30am. The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 10:30pm, with the car park closing at 11pm.

Thanks. Got tickets ages ago and forgot about the information in the ticketing section

Hey Guys...anyone on here who has tickets in their possession in Block U31 who could tell me which gate you enter from please, just wondering as we've completely moved area for this year and im collecting tickets on the day. Thanks in anticipation

Hey Guys...anyone on here who has tickets in their possession in Block U31 who could tell me which gate you enter from please, just wondering as we've completely moved area for this year and im collecting tickets on the day. Thanks in anticipation

think its gate 1, which is alongside the river I believe

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to rent the stadium for 2 weeks rather than just the 1?

No go on, tell me, im all ears?? So you have 7 days or maybe even 5 to put a track in including take the grass up the fence airfence base shale whiteline startgate with electrics pack it and pray... which pray would be about right.

Not much room for error then, small wonder its a bloody shambles. And you was one of many that moaned about it last year... nothing changes then..

SORRY but racers and royals has got it spot on ... again!

Then you would say that wouldn't you, the same as you glossed over the problems last year, Phillip... ;) I do hope it doesn't happen again this year, otherwise youl be bombarded... Including by the man with the little black book... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

No go on, tell me, im all ears?? So you have 7 days or maybe even 5 to put a track in including take the grass up the fence airfence base shale whiteline startgate with electrics pack it and pray... which pray would be about right.

Not much room for error then, small wonder its a bloody shambles. And you was one of many that moaned about it last year... nothing changes then..

Then you would say that wouldn't you, the same as you glossed over the problems last year, Phillip... ;) I do hope it doesn't happen again this year, otherwise youl be bombarded... Including by the man with the little black book... :rofl:

I CERTAINLY didn't gloss over the problems last year. They were there for all to see. It is a well drilled operation completed in far less time than it used to be. The key factor is the material used for the actual track, which this year is brand new. Expensive lessons were learned from the debacle of 2013 but have said many times that it isn't and cannot ever be an exact science. The more tracks they lay the more they learn but it isn't as though last year was the norm and in general tracks at the Millennium and Parken are far better than those of a decade ago.

it cost twice as much.

And I did not moan last year, I thought last year was pretty good.

No go on, tell me, im all ears??

It's just a shame you got nothing in between them .

• Like 4

I'm a relative newbie to SGP and will be attending the Cardiff event on Saturday with a couple of friends and have a long drive home afterwards - I was wondering if anyone could let me know how long the event is likely to last from the 1700 start, including any post race entertainment? I'm guessing about 4-5 hours?

Sorry for the basic question, only ever watched on Sky and YouTube. Many thanks for any help!