British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Workington... 5th July, 7pm

Rockets to win by at least ten, Rockets current consistant scorer is at reserve and with a bit of rain forecast at some stage on Saturday could be a match winner.

Just hoping that this meeting goes ahead, with our match at Somerset rained off tonight we can ill afford to lose any more ground, fixture list is getting pretty congested now!! :sad:

• Like 1

Weather looking naff in morning but sun to break thru around 4pm leaving a pleasant night , hopefully !! These rain offs are killing the season , 1 away league match and it's bloody July 😡😡 end of season gona be pretty congested just in time for weather turning again !!

Quite a lot of rain forecast for the morning, but nothing after early afternoon. Touch and go

Weather looking naff in morning but sun to break thru around 4pm leaving a pleasant night , hopefully !! These rain offs are killing the season , 1 away league match and it's bloody July end of season gona be pretty congested just in time for weather turning again !!

That's not quite correct, they're not actually rain offs, they're predicted rain offs, or convenient rain offs.

• Like 1

can we keep our unbeaten away league record intact..

Quite a lot of rain forecast for the morning, but nothing after early afternoon. Touch and go

Not even sure if I can be bothered anymore - really depressing going to Rye these days! :unsure:

• Like 1

Not even sure if I can be bothered anymore - really depressing going to Rye these days! :unsure:

I said last week that if it wasn't for the fact we lived less than 5 minutes drive from the track we would be picking and choosing home meetings. That's the level of my interest these days
  • Like 1

I said last week that if it wasn't for the fact we lived less than 5 minutes drive from the track we would be picking and choosing home meetings. That's the level of my interest these days

There was a time I never missed a meeting both PL and CL but travelling 1.5hrs each way is starting to grind on me now with the current promotion.

I’ve been harping on for a few years that things need to change, Team, Presentation, Food and Drink etc but to no avail and as Len said “if you don’t like it don’t come” well I may just stop going altogether!

....and as Len said if you dont like it dont come well I may just stop going altogether!

Silver and public relations. A marriage made in hell

Sorry to put a dampner on things, but it's pretty wet in Hoddesdon this morning and by the look of it more to come

Edited by Shadders

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead. Likely to be more than enough rain to have fallen to cause a rain off.

Skies are blue at the moment, for how much longer who knows though. Planning on going to this if it is on for what will be only my third meeting at Rye this season, there was a time nothing would stand in the way of me going on a Saturday night, shows how times have changed.