British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Workington... 5th July, 7pm

Interesting comment about Len. When did he say this? For a business man that is suicide. The reason I'm interested is that although he's the co-promter at Kent he seems to be calling all the shots! We seem to be heading the same way! But as he said he's the oldest speedway promoter in the WORLD.

Interesting comment about Len. When did he say this? For a business man that is suicide. The reason I'm interested is that although he's the co-promter at Kent he seems to be calling all the shots! We seem to be heading the same way! But as he said he's the oldest speedway promoter in the WORLD.

and thee len silver was a very handy rider in his days at exeter

• Like 1

Cant wait to read the match report on the Rye House website tomorrow telling us how unlucky we were with mechanical problems blah,blah,blah ignoring the fact that four of our team were a disgrace.

• Like 1

It was when we had Jason Doyle as a temporary signing for a while while Steve Boxall was injured a couple of years ago. When Steve was fit to return Doyles services were dispensed with, despite him top scoring just about everywhere. Most of us expected him to be retained and a few voiced their disaproval during the pre meeting coin toss. This is when Silver had his rant. Silver went on to explain that rules stated that Doyle had to go, but I later learned that Doyle had been assured a couple of weeks earlier that he was in for the season

Oh well four points there for the taking tuesday night and only 200 mile round trip roll on Peterborough

Well the drink and food is optional so don't have it

With one or two exceptions,mainly due to the poor refs the fifteen heats are general done in under two hours which should be the case due to the dodgy weather and thats average, the racing beats the Elite rubbish at Lakeside so rather than listen to the perennial moaners give it a chance. You may come away surprised that it was a decent nights entertainment and happy in the knowledge that unlike some other tracks the riders will be paid

No Health & Safety problems at Rye either.

• Like 2

After the last race I saw Len getting heckled by some punters on the home straight, was you one of them shads!

Cant wait to read the match report on the Rye House website tomorrow telling us how unlucky we were with mechanical problems blah,blah,blah ignoring the fact that four of our team were a disgrace.

All six full time riders were a disgrace, Bunyan eight from five (forget the bonus points) at reserve, sorry he's been a major disappointment since he came to Rye. The continual mechanical problems of Jason Garrity says to me he ain't interested in the Pl especially now he is a reserve at Cardiff. Big time Charlie

Looks NL to me.

Bowen, Greaves, Garrity (NL draft), Boxall, Neilsen.

Bunyan - not much more than NL heat leader now.

Kennett - dropping so many points everywhere now.

Cradley would have a good chance at home against that lot.

Always rely on a Scotsman for a laugh, so Bunyan scores 18 points in his last two meetings, but still keeping his average down, clever Riders always keep an eye on the future.

After the last race I saw Len getting heckled by some punters on the home straight, was you one of them shads!

My disappointment was aimed at the performance in general, not at Silver.

The evening was topped off when I discovered that the 4 horse Yankee I was gonna put on, but didn't have time due to updating, returned over £50. My misery is complete!!

Edited by Shadders

Didn't go tonight due to lack of interest . Was just wondering what supporter levels were like ? I guess its quite easy to count accurately these days . One small gripe about len. Before the season started he promised us one of the most exciting teams there would be in the league . Just wonder if his opinion has changed ? Guaranteed wooden spoonists by a distance . If our number 1 starts misfiring as well now I fear very few victories from now on and the death sentence for the Rockets.

The story so far this season has been I believe down to several things.

Firstly Kennett hasn't performed as expected. Come to think about it, he's gone downhill since the incident at Lakeside a couple of seasons ago. Not a number 1 in this league.

Boxall is a good second string but to much expected plus the usual bilke issues we come to expect.

Tres I think has done okay tbh. He's done what I expected, really good on the bigger tracks.

Luke Bowen, 10 year servant a very loyal servant but stale at Rye. Needs to move on.

Jason Garrity, good second string, 100% trier but perhaps he thinks he's better than he is.

Jason Bunyan, is riding well guys. He's consistant scoring points at reserve, was excellent so I'm told at Sheffield.

Stefan Nielsen will take time bed in, but neatly had the beating of Rene Bach tonight.

So what's wrong with the team.

Len Silver needs to explain why he's put together a team for the second season running way below the points limit. It's cheap and they need a out and out number 1. It never generally works when a rider returns to a club he's previously ridden for. Kennett a classic example. He didn't exactly set Berwick alight last year, the signs were there but the old boy Silver ignored them.

I don't blame any individual rider, the team was put together by Silver. Mr Motivator, the boring lacklustre stopwatch bloke should resign. He's the team manager and in any other business he'd go. We know he's only got the job because he's Lens chauffeur for the away matches.

Total crap at Rye House and I really fear for the future at Hoddesfon unless Len moves to one side.

All six full time riders were a disgrace, Bunyan eight from five (forget the bonus points) at reserve, sorry he's been a major disappointment since he came to Rye. The continual mechanical problems of Jason Garrity says to me he ain't interested in the Pl especially now he is a reserve at Cardiff. Big time Charlie

Never forget the bonus points, keeps the bank balance up, and the CMA down.

probably put Ricky in as he hadn't had a extra ride. Great result though.

Understand what your saying but that was, if correct, a foolhardy decision, Rene Bach 5 rides 15pts away from home, you've gotta use him, Jacko has to be more ruthless same with Lambert in Ht14, he wasn't riding well Nielsen was, decision made itself.... Jacko, "be more dog"!! :t:;)

Gonna have to watch out when Glasgow come calling, that Kasper fella looks quite useful!! :approve:

While continuing the theme, I shall enjoy reading the further comments from the disheartened Rye fans, considering the number of times they have mullered us down there in the past I shall simply bask in the glory of a 4pt away win, Sorry guys, it has to be done. :D (may never happen again) ;)

Been said before, but worth repeating, this line up was doomed from the start. The huge gamble has failed big time. I thought Mellgren and Aspgren were nailed on for this year, but Silver decided to go with what we see before us. Hate to single out individuals, but a couple of them have been a huge disappointment. The rest have more or less done exactly as I expected.

Don't blame the manager, he doesn't choose the riders. The latest fiasco regarding the team captain shows what we're dealing with. A stubborn old man who'll not listen and does things "his way". He's been a promoter for the better part of five decades. He must know what he's doing, right?

For the first time since I first went to Rye in 1985 I'm seriously considering jacking it all in. I've had enough, fed up with it. By the looks on the faces of those who were walking out and the empty spaces where regulars used to stand & sit, I'm not the only one.

• Like 2