British Speedway Forum
Crump99

Panthers V Rye House (pl) Tues 8/7/14

My pleasure!!

But garrity is still a ned even if he didn't cheat!!.

oh but they do! Where shall I start?

Cheques: it takes 3 days (or even a week!) to "clear" - when the funds become available to the payee - and that gives banks millions of our money every day to play with.... interest-free!

debit cards transactions: let's say you use your card to pay me £99; the £99 funds get "earmarked" or allocated out of your account - which means you no longer have access to that £99. But when do I get access to "my" £99 in my account? Answer: 2 or 3 days later. Again the banks get to play with millions of our money every day - interest free!

They're very clever people, bankers.... always have been, right back to biblical days :rolleyes:

cashflow!

I'm not offering it as an excuse - it's not! - merely an observation.

OK, take your point on banks but Bank of Horton is not a mainstream bank from my knowledge so see no reason why he or any other promoter should behave like one

Yes, I understand the cashflow point but I reckon its up to the promoters to plan and fund their cashflow rather than customers. Don't know about you but when I go to Sainsburys, I fill my trolley and pay for what I purchase, not sure they have ever asked me to put down a deposit against next weeks shop.........................and I can only use it if I go in between certain times on certain days

You get the point I was trying to make

Edited by Chris Brown

OK, take your point on banks but Bank of Horton is not a mainstream bank from my knowledge so see no reason why he or any other promoter should behave like one

Yes, I understand the cashflow point but I reckon its up to the promoters to plan and fund their cashflow rather than customers. Don't know about you but when I go to Sainsburys, I fill my trolley and pay for what I purchase, not sure they have ever asked me to put down a deposit against next weeks shop.........................and I can only use it if I go in between certain times on certain days

You get the point I was trying to make

yes of course, but to be fair I'm 99.9% certain that last time we had this at the EoES they were giving people refunds at the office upon request

although saying that it was under the Frost regime...

I understand the chip on your shoulder - I'd be the same (worse!) if it'd been Panthers who'd disappeared - but I don't think all that many people are too bothered. I reckon the vast majority will be quite happy to retain the "rain-off" ticket and use it next time they go to a Panthers home meeting.

I'm presuming the same still applies, i.e. it can be used at any forthcoming home meeting. And you can't say fairer than that.

The only people it might pee off are Rockets fans who won't be coming to the EoES until the rearranged meeting - which could be ages, or maybe the won't be able to make it at all. I'd be surprised if there were more than a couple of dozen there - and most will be Rye House die-hards who will be at the rearranged EoES meeting.

So, leaving aside the principle you're talking about, how many pee'd off people are we really talking about?

If I'm right it means all the Panthers fans holding a "rain-off" ticket will be able to use it in the next couple of weeks. Ok I accept that they're sitting on a "dead" £15 (or whatever) but it's not like they've actually wasted the £15. Anyway ffs if somebody is so financially strapped that it makes a big problem for them then maybe they shouldn't be going to speedway in the first place.

Having said that, I think Panthers management should have put something on their website letting people know what the situation is. Something like:

Please retain your ticket which can be used for the rearranged meeting - date still to be arranged.

or better still:

Please retain your ticket which can be used at any forthcoming home meeting. Any Rye House fans who can't make it to the rearranged date should contact us for a refund

Neil Watson is sure to follow this thread; he seems a fair & reasonable man and so I'm sure he'll do the right thing....

• Like 2

When did garrity cheat?

Every week at Rye House, cheating the Rockets fans