British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsonpaul198

Scott Nicholls

Was at Lions v BV sat. Great lions performance was only matched by the time and honesty shown by the gentleman of the sport during his post match interview. Again on Eurosport on Sunday he showed how well respected he is by the top riders. Surley we need people like him on the governing bodies of British speedway. Knowledgeable, respected articulate and I believe he would be a great ambassador.Not so his team manager!!!. To publicly threaten your team is unacceptable. It shows a clear lack of leadership. The snake wriggles from the head!!!

• Like 4

After he hangs his racesuits up, can't see them wanting a current rider anywhere important!! (Not my opinion, just knowing what we know)..

After he hangs his racesuits up, can't see them wanting a current rider anywhere important!! (Not my opinion, just knowing what we know)..

After he hangs up his racesuits, he'll be an ex-rider, not a current rider!

• Like 1

And he replies to tweets from supporters and he is great with the younger fans (or at least he was when he was at Brandon!)

I think he comes over very well as a pundit/summariser on Eurosport and is a great ambassador for speedway.

• Like 1

I have always listed Scott as my favorite non Eastbourne rider.

Firstly he is a dude.

Secondly, he is a great rider

Thirdly, he is polite, friendly and always comes across well when approached by cameras and fans

I really rate him.

• Like 1

And he replies to tweets from supporters and he is great with the younger fans (or at least he was when he was at Brandon!)

I think he comes over very well as a pundit/summariser on Eurosport and is a great ambassador for speedway.

He's still the same at Belle Vue.

The advent of twitter has allowed us to see a different side to speedway riders, it's shown a lot of them up as muppets. Scott on the other hand comes across well, is happy to get involved in discussion with the fans and make his point in a clam and fair way even when other get nasty. He is a real credit to our sport. And as well all know, he's brilliant on Eurosport too.

He does have a dark side...once rode for Ipswich.... ;)

• Like 4

Paul Wilson yet another new Member :party:

• Like 1

I really enjoyed his speach after the match against the Lions as a Lions fan he is a great ambasdor for our sport and he comes across really well. Great to see him before and after the match going across to the young fans, not just spending a few seconds signing his name but actually talking to them. When he gives up as a rider then we will have lost a great guy. Hope he goes into mangement as a team manager he would be there to help his team come together as a team.

He is good on Eurosport and talks some sense.

• Like 1

Nicholl's is not particular popular in Wiltshire, not only because of his poor season with the Robins, mainly due to his days with the Bees and one of only a few riders that clashed fiercely with the great Leigh Adams. However, there is no doubt he is a genuine guy who rides to win. Moreover, he is a good team man and as British as a Suffolk sausage.

He does have a dark side...once rode for Ipswich.... ;)

He has even a darker side. Apart from a guest he has never ridden for us at Lakeside but we are still holding out hope.

Come on Scotty. You don't want to keep commuting to Manchester each week when you can have a short drive to Purfleet.

• Like 3

Nicholl's is not particular popular in Wiltshire, not only because of his poor season with the Robins, mainly due to his days with the Bees and one of only a few riders that clashed fiercely with the great Leigh Adams. However, there is no doubt he is a genuine guy who rides to win. Moreover, he is a good team man and as British as a Suffolk sausage.

Worst No 1 we ever had, you are right ER not popular in Wiltshire, I don't rate him, never will, a lot of fans stopped coming when he was there. :nono:

Worst No 1 we ever had, you are right ER not popular in Wiltshire, I don't rate him, never will, a lot of fans stopped coming when he was there. :nono:

Sorry Red Robin but I have to disagree with you there! Scott had a poor season by his standards as part of a very poor team. I never saw him give up and felt that he gave 100% but it just wouldn't work for him. I for one think we were very lucky to have him, even in that rather disappointing season that was 2011.

• Like 2