British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Plymouth Changes

So many posts to reply to, I'm not even going to try.

Roland B has sorted out the SBA and has scored heavily there of late - bearing in mind that he broke his shoulder bone (clavicle?) recently. Criticism of his form will probably be based on his away form which is 'not good', but to condemn him as useless is in my view unfair.

James Shanes is the one good thing to come out of the Devon Demons this season and has a bright future given that his talent is properly nurtured. The Plymouth promotion will neglect him at their peril, he is a young rider of the future and one to be properly looked after.

To discuss Adam Roynon is to invite condemnation ...... but here goes. Fabulous rider, injured (and seriously) frequently enough for at least half a dozen riders. At least one too many comebacks for me. Adam needs to think of his future and his health in years to come; all the injuries WILL come back to haunt him in one way or another. He has to ask himself if the pursuit of speedway is actually worth risking his health for. I honestly believe that he should take the Plymouth's promotion decision as a sensible and heartfelt hint on how he should consider his future in speedway.

Agree with you Mariner on Roynon nice lad who when fit scores big points

He strikes me as one of these guys who just loves riding a Speedway bike

James Shanes is a good move, James Wright could be equally so. Adam Roynon I cannot fault Adam in any way, either on track or off, but I do believe the injuries have finally caught up with him, he should retire and we can all then remember the rider/racer he was, not the rider he is now, he is riding around picking up odd points here and there, basically waiting for the next injury to come along, and each injury now seems to take longer to recover from.

Adam should retire now, and if he needs to race, then Grasstrack or Karting should be what he should look at.

• Like 1

the plymouth starting marshall had better get some extra tapes sorted, cos he is going to need them with james on board.one of the best riders worky EVER had.

Glad james wright has got back on a bike....good luck james

• Like 1

Totally agree with comments about Adam. He has been a very exciting rider , but he must see sense and retire now. All those injuries will most definitely bring crosses to bear in later life, I'm afraid, but I'm sure he knows that only too well.

As for grasstrack - I don't think so. Just as likely to hurt himself again doing that. Karting is a much safer option.