British Speedway Forum

Wow, what a field. In alphabetical order (by surname - no David Mason or Ben Morley):

• Jon Armstrong
  • Danny Ayres
  • Aaron Baseby
  • Luke Bowen
  • Steve Boxall
  • Luke Chessell
  • Benji Compton
  • Jason Garrad
  • Ben Hopwood
  • Jack Kingston
  • Simon Lambert
  • Marc Owen

You could make a case for any one of about five riders being in with a real chance here. Who's your money on?

Good solid line up suppose Boxall, Bowen and Lambert would be favourites,,,Ben Morley is away riding for Arena and they are obviously betting that David Mason may still be unwell ,,several spoilers in there as well ,Compton ,Armstrong, Hopwood ,Owen... Can not remember the format exactly but with 12 riders its probably 12 heats,, 2 semi,s and a final ..but i could be wrong,,,what ever a good meeting in prospect ...Best wishes to David for a speedy recovery...

• Like 1

Decent line up, shame Ben Morley is unavailable, My money would be on Boxall, he's fantastic around the central park track, Hopwood seems to go well too.

Boxall beats Lambert, Owen and Bowen in the final. It is a shame Morley is absent but it may give him a chance to rediscover some form riding elsewhere. I don't think this is the meeting for Morley right now anyway.

i'll stick my neck out a bit further and say that Garrad will not finish in 12th place.

1. Steve Boxall

2. Simon Lambert

3. Luke Bowen

4. Ben Hopwood

Last year's Laurels was run on 1st July. Field consisted of 12 riders. Match format was 12 qualifying heats, followed by 2 semi-finals and a final. Top 2 qualifiers straight to the final. Qualifiers placed 3-10 into the semis. It finished:

1. Simon Lambert
  2. Steve Boxall
  3. Kasper Lykke
  4. Ben Hopwood

Eliminated in the semi-finals were:

• SF1: Ben Morley, Adam Kirby and Chris Schramm
  • SF2: Benji Compton, Connor Coles and Steve Worrall

1. Steve Boxall

2. Simon Lambert

3. Luke Bowen

4. Ben Hopwood

That's my prediction as well - although I would love to see Lambert win it.

I'm looking forward to this meeting!

• Like 1

Heavy rain predicted for 6pm, With that and Len Silvers love of calling off a meeting even without rain, fingers crossed it actually goes ahead

Wow, what a field. In alphabetical order (by surname - no David Mason or Ben Morley):

• Jon Armstrong
  • Danny Ayres
  • Aaron Baseby
  • Luke Bowen
  • Steve Boxall
  • Luke Chessell
  • Benji Compton
  • Jason Garrad
  • Ben Hopwood
  • Jack Kingston
  • Simon Lambert
  • Marc Owen

You could make a case for any one of about five riders being in with a real chance here. Who's your money on?

What a field indeed, are you serious! 12 riders 15 heats, two semi's and a final. Going to struggle getting that done by 8:30.

Really have fallen out of love with Kent, such a shame as it could be run so much better.......

What a field indeed, are you serious! 12 riders 15 heats, two semi's and a final. Going to struggle getting that done by 8:30.

Really have fallen out of love with Kent, such a shame as it could be run so much better.......

Have to agree,I feel the same way.

Wow for tonights field ???

Look back on Laurels fields at Wimbledon - Now that was WOW fields.

• Like 1

wow heat 6. we got Simon lambert!!

humble pie?! fantabulous.

I thoroughly enjoyed that meeting!

Fantastic racing between Lambert and Boxall - Simon knew exactly what he needed to do in the final, which was to beat Boxall to the outside line as Steve was dominant when riding out wide.

Congratulations to Jack Kingston for his place on the podium as well - it's good to see a young Lakeside rider doing well and he certainly seems to have matured and become more steady on a bike than he was at the start of last season for the Kings.

I thought the whole meeting was run quite well too - hopefully they can keep that up.

• Like 1

Some good racing tonight The top two Lambert and boxall both beat one another ,when of gate 4,, fortunatly for Lambert he had it in the final and that was the difference between the two,,Both Jon Armstrong and Marc Owen were unluky not to make the final both having problems in their semi,s when holding qualifying positions on the adverse camber of bend 4 .Jack Kingston was his usual entertaining self rode well in the final being close up on Boxall,this kid is a racer and is now improving rapidly ,,Some great round the boards efforts from Marc Owen,,needs to improve his gating to be challenging the top boys ,,Benji Compton some how made the final but overal was dissapointing,,as indeed was Ben Hopwood his worst meeting round here ,and usually so good,,Four 3rds for Aaron Basby was slow out the gate today ,Chessel and Ayers had their moments,,,Luke Bowen was a non starter shame he would have spiced up the meeting even more,,, which was run slickly with time for a short interval ,,,Entertaining meeting... Result.. 1ST Simon Lambert...£300 +trophy..2nd Steve Boxall trophy...3rd Jack Kingston trophy

You never go but you're such an expert on how bad everything is. I honestly don't know how you can face being so completely negative all the time - why don't you lighten up coz frankly youre making yourself look pretty foolish at the moment