British Speedway Forum

You never go but you're such an expert on how bad everything is. I honestly don't know how you can face being so completely negative all the time - why don't you lighten up coz frankly youre making yourself look pretty foolish at the moment

Hardly missed a meeting last year. Started this season up until about a month ago and haven't been since.

As for being foolish, how'd you work that one out? Am I not entitled to a opinion?

As I've stated many times before the set up at Central Park leaves a lot to be desired. One race last night I'm told was the best race at Central Park. Wow....... What about the other 17?

It needs PL racing to get a better overal quality of rider and needs a decent track curator. You may think Kent is great, and if you do that's fantastic. Personally I don't!

• Like 1

So you went to both indivs at central park last year then did you?

In which case youd of known the 12 rider format used is 15 heats in total not 18. So maybe you havent been going there as much as you claim

Am I not entitled to a opinion?

That does seem to be a guideline on here IMO!

I thought it was a very enjoyable meet last night and in qualifying it was hard to pick a winner from Boxall, Lambert and super fast gater Jon Armstrong. Thought they were all certainties for the final which only goes to prove there are no certainties in speedway which is probably one of the reasons we keep going back. Was really impressed with Jack Kingston as well who has improved five fold on last seasons showing. And also good to see a very decent crowd inside Central Park as well on what was a perfect night for speedway.

Congratulations to Simon on retaining the trophy.

• Like 3

The crowds should continue to rise now that the school holidays are here.

Glad to hear you can make a few more meetings now - enjoy your school holidays

What a field indeed, are you serious! 12 riders 15 heats, two semi's and a final. Going to struggle getting that done by 8:30.

Really have fallen out of love with Kent, such a shame as it could be run so much better.......

12 riders, 12 heats, 2 semis, 1 final. Beat the curfew by a mile.

Have to agree,I feel the same way.

Wow for tonights field ???

Look back on Laurels fields at Wimbledon - Now that was WOW fields.

That's an unfair comparison and you know it. How on earth do you expect any National League venture to be able to assemble riders of the calibre that Wimbledon could?

Hardly missed a meeting last year. Started this season up until about a month ago and haven't been since.

As for being foolish, how'd you work that one out? Am I not entitled to a opinion?

As I've stated many times before the set up at Central Park leaves a lot to be desired. One race last night I'm told was the best race at Central Park. Wow....... What about the other 17?

It needs PL racing to get a better overal quality of rider and needs a decent track curator. You may think Kent is great, and if you do that's fantastic. Personally I don't!

There were only 15 heats in total. Ignoring the numbers, I'm not sure what you're getting at with 'What about the other...?'. In the last 2 meetings we've seen a couple of races that were worth the admission price on their own. But that doesn't mean that the rest were rubbish. Far from it, we're in a purple patch right now, in terms of the quality of the racing at Central Park. You wouldn't know that of course, because you don't go anymore.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. We all are, including people like AJ and Blackbird. You however, are in a very small minority with your views and, as such, the groundswell of opinion will be against you. If you can't find it in yourself to be less negative about Kent Kings, then you will just have to learn to deal with the comebacks from the Central Park faithful because we're loving it right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, it's a real shame that the stay-aways and nay-sayers missed this one. Had you been there you would have been won over by the spectacle. Speedway from the Gods and riding straight out of the top drawer.

Edited by 1st Bend Bunching
  • Like 2

That's an unfair comparison and you know it. How on earth do you expect any National League venture to be able to assemble riders of the calibre that Wimbledon could?

There were only 15 heats in total. Ignoring the numbers, I'm not sure what you're getting at with 'What about the other...?'. In the last 2 meetings we've seen a couple of races that were worth the admission price on their own. But that doesn't mean that the rest were rubbish. Far from it, we're in a purple patch right now, in terms of the quality of the racing at Central Park. You wouldn't know that of course, because you don't go anymore.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. We all are, including people like AJ and Blackbird. You however, are in a very small minority with your views and, as such, the groundswell of opinion will be against you. If you can't find it in yourself to be less negative about Kent Kings, then you will just have to learn to deal with the comebacks from the Central Park faithful because we're loving it right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, it's a real shame that the stay-aways and nay-sayers missed this one. Had you been there you would have been won over by the spectacle. Speedway from the Gods and riding straight out of the top drawer.

My point was that a field of National League riders is not WOW.Imho.

The class of rider when held at Dons was World Class - that was WOW . Imho.

Glad you are enjoying things at Central Park,I just do not share that opinion.

A while back Mr Cearns said he would like International Events held at Central Park.

I would love that to happen but first you would have to sort out curfew,have higher standard speedway at venue and a much much better track.

My point was that a field of National League riders is not WOW.Imho.

The class of rider when held at Dons was World Class - that was WOW . Imho.

Glad you are enjoying things at Central Park,I just do not share that opinion.

A while back Mr Cearns said he would like International Events held at Central Park.

I would love that to happen but first you would have to sort out curfew,have higher standard speedway at venue and a much much better track.

Agree with you about the curfew AJ. http://www.ukplanning.com/ukp/showCaseFile.do;jsessionid=A9CE4E5014B0261D6E47E6DBBF0C9143.wam2?action=show&appType=planning%20folder&appNumber=SW/14/0087 is where you can support Kent's planning application to run 23 races per meeting on six days per season, to permit more prestigious international meetings and championship events. Now's your chance, if you're serious about it and haven't already done so, to commit to the cause.

• Like 1

Agree with you about the curfew AJ. http://www.ukplanning.com/ukp/showCaseFile.do;jsessionid=A9CE4E5014B0261D6E47E6DBBF0C9143.wam2?action=show&appType=planning%20folder&appNumber=SW/14/0087 is where you can support Kent's planning application to run 23 races per meeting on six days per season, to permit more prestigious international meetings and championship events. Now's your chance, if you're serious about it and haven't already done so, to commit to the cause.

Wanted to support this but the link didn't work. Would get others to add their names as well.

Apologies everyone, the link worked okay when I tried it yesterday. Try this instead:

1. Search for Swale Borough Council
  2. In the search results, under the main entry, click on the 'Planning' link
  3. Under 'Search or comment on an Application', click on 'Search UK Planning up to 19 May 2014'
  4. Enter SW/14/0087 in the 'Application Number' box and click 'Search'

This will take you to the Application mentioned above:

• You can see the actual Application at '18 Mar 2014 Application Form'
  • The 'Objections' and 'Supporting Comments' are there for you to read; these might give you a guide as to the types of comments which supporters hope will sway the authorities
  • Click on '> Comment on an Application' to leave your own submission.

Hope this works for you and that you will all seriously consider supporting the Application. I will also post this in the 'Kent Kings 2014' thread, for maximum exposure.