British Speedway Forum
clambo71

Tai Woffinden's Views On Single Night Racing In Uk

Surely folk support their team, fair enough if their team is defunct as it's not the same again.

Atmosphere and/or the the lack of it is a quadruple way thing, racing, riders, promotion and fans, it needs to almost be studied ......

• Like 1

Congrats on being able to waste money on poor standard riders. I unfortunately cant do that so i will only pay to watch riders who are the best in the sport. Get off your high horses

Some riders who are the best in the sport on view tonight in the SWC on what is reputed to be a top racetrack - not serving up much entertainment so far!

Hmmm six GP standard riders out of sixteen plus two or three more who might ride in any super league racing last night, not really a balanced meeting with often two riders way ahead of the other two. That said Lynn has gone downhill as a race track for some reason.

Posted on the SWC thread . . .

The track consistence and safe.

People on here have moaned about the racing, but to me it was OK. When you have big meetings with big riders, on fast bikes, you don't see many classic races . 2, 3, possibly 5 if your lucky. These class of riders don't make many mistakes

My point entirely, against swerving speedway without the "top men"!

The biggest problem speedway has is the equipment & rules both of which have played a major part in the sport going downhill in this country. If UK speedway had been run correctly in the past & the equipment used had aloud good racing the crowds would still be present to support paying for top riders.

The final would be a good meeting at Lynn, no chance of that it seems though, BSI always pick Poland!

£££££'s Theresa

The final would be a good meeting at Lynn, no chance of that it seems though, BSI always pick Poland!

No they don't!

£££££'s Theresa

Yep of course, no other reason for them :-$

Congrats on being able to waste money on poor standard riders. I unfortunately cant do that so i will only pay to watch riders who are the best in the sport. Get off your high horses

But the best riders don't always serve up the best entertainment. There have been some dull GP's with little or no passing and the youngsters at reserve in British domestic speedway are serving up some really good close racing. A bit hairy at times but they sure give it everything.

My worry is that Thursday will be chosen as THE day and that Ipswich will be pressured into moving 'up'.......

Watching Sky tonight? Maybe you should try and get a copy if not, it will show how idiotic your comment was.

Absolutely top class racing - pl all the way for me

However there are some who think like phillipsr it's their loss

Edited by ch958
  • Like 1

The PL has the best tracks in the UK, stands to reason the racing will be better. Swap Somerset, Scunthorpe, Sheffield & Peterborough for Eastbourne, Leicester, Poole and Lakeside for example and things would be a little different.

Watching Sky tonight? Maybe you should try and get a copy if not, it will show how idiotic your comment was.

Why ? yet another average meeting bigged up to be one of the greatest meetings of all time because it was in the PL .The fact that the crowd looked up 250 shows that people do want watch top riders no matter what the racing is like .

• Like 3