British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

El Mid Season Predictions

Kings Lynn and Poole for Sure then perm 2 out of 3 out of Lakeside ,Swindon and Cov .Don't forget Lakeside have rode a lot more home meetings than Away .

Leicester to finish bottom!!!

Pardon me. Belle Vue to finish bottom (Unless they sort the dead-legs out ) :cry:

Poole to win it, after Lord Fraud wields the axe, and flashes the cash :wink:

So Wolves not going to make it then.

Only our promotion seem to believe so.

Kings Lynn and Poole definite, Then any two from ( My odds only :P ) Lakeside 2-1; Coventry 5-2; Swindon 7-2:and Eastbourne 10-1 bar.

Semi-finals: Stars V's Hammers; and Poole V's Bees :t:

thats exactly what I was saying the other day regarding the play offs lol.

Did you miss last nights results!!!!

Certainly didn't miss them - fair play to the Hammers on their result, but against a Wolves team who scored 2 points from their No.1. Lakeside & Eastbourne are certainly going to be in the mix, full credit on their season so far, but I think Lakeside will need to pick up something at Eastbourne and Belle Vue to make it. Should be a good close run.

Certainly didn't miss them - fair play to the Hammers on their result, but against a Wolves team who scored 2 points from their No.1. Lakeside & Eastbourne are certainly going to be in the mix, full credit on their season so far, but I think Lakeside will need to pick up something at Eastbourne and Belle Vue to make it. Should be a good close run.

Away results will make all the difference now and of course time will tell if the Hammers pick up any more.

Who will qualify/win the league?

My cynical head says it will be dependent upon how many points the inevitable R/R's produce, coupled with whether the respective guests perform to their potential! ;)

Anyway, for qualification, I believe it will be the following:

Kings Lynn

Lakeside

Coventry

Poole

Then it's fully dependent upon who chooses whom.

Lakeside - (obviously my team) to be the usual bridesmaid and get knocked out in the semis. I'm just fearing the inevitable heat-leader injury, that we generally get served up, to happen around late August.

Poole (with their current squad) to join us on the bench. I say with their 'current squad' because who knows what 'the master of deviousness & deception' has up his wizards sleeve? As mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mr Hancock reintroduced towards the latter stages due to the 'win at all costs' mentality down on the South Coast.

Coventry - a dark horse that's been coming up the rails in the past few weeks. If Golden Bollox and Kenneth Hansen can consistently ride to their potential, with Garritty at reserve, they will be untouchable.

Kings Lynn - obviously, the team that deserve it given their performances this season. That said, it only takes one poor meeting (at either the home or away leg) and their dreams could be shattered.

My gut-feel tells me Coventry could do it. However, if there is any justice in this. World, then Kings Lynn deserve; particularly for their fans (irrespective of the fact that I think Lyon is a dick).

• Like 3

Who will qualify/win the league?

My cynical head says it will be dependent upon how many points the inevitable R/R's produce, coupled with whether the respective guests perform to their potential! ;)

Anyway, for qualification, I believe it will be the following:

Kings Lynn

Lakeside

Coventry

Poole

Then it's fully dependent upon who chooses whom.

Lakeside - (obviously my team) to be the usual bridesmaid and get knocked out in the semis. I'm just fearing the inevitable heat-leader injury, that we generally get served up, to happen around late August.

Poole (with their current squad) to join us on the bench. I say with their 'current squad' because who knows what 'the master of deviousness & deception' has up his wizards sleeve? As mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mr Hancock reintroduced towards the latter stages due to the 'win at all costs' mentality down on the South Coast.

Coventry - a dark horse that's been coming up the rails in the past few weeks. If Golden Bollox and Kenneth Hansen can consistently ride to their potential, with Garritty at reserve, they will be untouchable.

Kings Lynn - obviously, the team that deserve it given their performances this season. That said, it only takes one poor meeting (at either the home or away leg) and their dreams could be shattered.

My gut-feel tells me Coventry could do it. However, if there is any justice in this. World, then Kings Lynn deserve; particularly for their fans (irrespective of the fact that I think Lyon is a dick).

It's funny you should say that VOR, I was pondering this yesterday after I posted and that's what I came up with too. When they're all firing I think we can do it. It's probably Pie in the sky, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a Lynn v Bees final!

League winners will be Kings Lynn

Mickey Mouse play offs to see whose name goes in the record books will hopefully be Lynn as well.

Top 4 Lynn, Poole, Cov and Lakeside

League winners will be Kings Lynn

Mickey Mouse play offs to see whose name goes in the record books will hopefully be Lynn as well.

Top 4 Lynn, Poole, Cov and Lakeside

League winners are the Play off Champions.

And thank god because the league would already be over and nothing to play for already.

Edited by stevebrum

I don't think Poole in their present format.:-

1. Reserve riders are very important and we are very weak with 2nd reserve. Matt can't do much about this.

2. Pawlicki has lost his form & it remains to be seen whether he regains it. Tonight is important.

3. Will Ward's knee injury see the season out?

4. Home form is inconsistent. Track or not it needs to improve.

1. Reserve riders are very important and we are very weak with 2nd reserve. Matt can't do much about this.

2. Pawlicki has lost his form & it remains to be seen whether he regains it. Tonight is important.