British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

After all the bloodletting and toy throwing we might as well try to be positive.

Out of the class of 2014 Pawlicki & Thorssell should be retained. The concern is that if Piotr continues on his current upward curve sooner or later he's likely to fall into the 'forget the UK' group.

Until the format of the EL & the draft rider situation are resolved then I guess the remainder are pure speculation.

• Like 1

Your post seems to infer you have written off 2014 then.

We are waiting for our promotion to prove the fans wrong...................................................

• Like 2

Errrr......yup. Some of us could see the writing on the wall quite a while back ;):P I've given up on the anger/annoyance with our promotion, bad for the blood pressure! I'm just sitting back and laughing at their inadequacy & inactivity :D

We are waiting for our promotion to prove the fans wrong...................................................

How long you got? :D

Edited by Wolfsbane

How long you got? :D

Well we all know August is too late :rofl:

• Like 1

I think our season virtually went down the plug hole on 23rd June,when we were thrashed at home by Lynn.Since then its been a downward spiral both on and off the track.

Wolverhampton 2015.The biggest worry for me will be how Dave Parry reacts to this seasons ball$-up.His sponsership money is performance related,so dont think hes gonna be to pleased with the way the team have performed.Think im right in saying its the longest one going in British speedway(could be wrong though)so lets just hope he thinks this is just a one season blip.

• Like 2

is there any other race night Wolverhampton can go to, or is it Monday or nothing... ?

Genuine question because if we were to go to standard race nights for all Elite League, Monday would definately not be on the list in my eyes..

Poland - Sunday

Sweden - Tuesday

UK - Wednesday/Thursday

i know Denmark ride on Wednesday's but not many top boys ride over there.... and even the top Danes don't ride in all of their fixtures..

is there any other race night Wolverhampton can go to, or is it Monday or nothing... ?

Genuine question because if we were to go to standard race nights for all Elite League, Monday would definately not be on the list in my eyes..

Poland - Sunday

Sweden - Tuesday

UK - Wednesday/Thursday

i know Denmark ride on Wednesday's but not many top boys ride over there.... and even the top Danes don't ride in all of their fixtures..

Why not Mondays??

Monday has been the home of EL Speedway on SKY since it started.

Monday and Wednesday (off day) could be good.

Poland - Sunday

Sweden - Tuesday

UK - Wednesday/Thursday

To quote Woffinden 'Poland sunday, UK Monday, Sweden Tuesday, rest of the week off'. Monday seems to be favourite due to Sky coverage and the ability of non Monday tracks to move to suit Sky. Whether this could be done on a permanent basis will depend on local conditions with tracks owned or rented and whether a change of racenight would be financial suicide I guess. What happens if Sky pull the plug in the future? :unsure:

Edited by Wolfsbane

I'd go with Correy, Ermolenko and Karlsson as a base and then work from there. :D

• Like 3

I'd go with Correy, Ermolenko and Karlsson as a base and then work from there. :D

They were the days

What about George Stancl as well?

• Like 1

Why not Mondays??

Monday has been the home of EL Speedway on SKY since it started.

Monday and Wednesday (off day) could be good.

To quote Woffinden 'Poland sunday, UK Monday, Sweden Tuesday, rest of the week off'. Monday seems to be favourite due to Sky coverage and the ability of non Monday tracks to move to suit Sky. Whether this could be done on a permanent basis will depend on local conditions with tracks owned or rented and whether a change of racenight would be financial suicide I guess. What happens if Sky pull the plug in the future? :unsure:

fair comments, only thinking of a day off in between a 'hectic schedule' of meetings..

Sunday race

Monday day off

Tuesday race

Wednesday race

Thursday race

weekends for GP and World Cup, SEC and GP Qualifiers....

They'd find a way to fit in a Torben Hansen :D

They'd find a way to fit in a Torben Hansen :D

Never rated him as highly as Fleming Pedersen myself. :)

• Like 1

They were the days

What about George Stancl as well?

They were. Them 3 as heat leaders exemplify how far EL team strengths have been diluted.

• Like 1