British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Can't see Freddie maintaining his average but don't think he will lose a lot from it .

Zagar only just stayed above 8 and he missed a number of heat 15 races and only Andersen Doyle Ward and Iversen averaged above 8 last season.

It is not easy to score 10 each week in this format .

Can't see Freddie maintaining his average but don't think he will lose a lot from it .

Agreed. Not many of the top boys held their average last season and given the format its perfectly understandable.

If he achieves 9 at the end of the season he will have done very well.

• Like 1

Wolves have said they are waiting to see if the rider they want is going to be used by his parent club.

Well Leicester have no assets and Swindon have 8.69 left for one place so are unlikely to be using a rider under 6.19 for their last place so Mads Korneliussen is possible or is he a Leicester asset ?

Otherwise there is only Poole waiting to complete their team and the only riders they have that would fit are THJ Madsen and Mroczka and they are all unlikely to be riding here.

Simon Gustafsson is an Eastbourne asset and they can't use him but in a team with three other Swedish riders he could benefit from the close support.

Can't be long now before they name the last signing surely as the list is not very long

Wolves have said they are waiting to see if the rider they want is going to be used by his parent club.

Well Leicester have no assets and Swindon have 8.69 left for one place so are unlikely to be using a rider under 6.19 for their last place so Mads Korneliussen is possible or is he a Leicester asset ?

Otherwise there is only Poole waiting to complete their team and the only riders they have that would fit are THJ Madsen and Mroczka and they are all unlikely to be riding here.

Simon Gustafsson is an Eastbourne asset and they can't use him but in a team with three other Swedish riders he could benefit from the close support.

Can't be long now before they name the last signing surely as the list is not very long

Mads is still a Swindon asset.

Think he is the one CVS and Adams are targeting,but after his Leicester experience,has it put him off about riding over here.

Mads is still a Swindon asset.

Think he is the one CVS and Adams are targeting,but after his Leicester experience,has it put him off about riding over here.

Wolves are a well run club when it comes to paying riders and do try and stand by them when struggling so I can't see that putting him off if it is him.

Who gets priority for Blackbird if there is a clash between Peterborough and Wolves?

Who gets priority for Blackbird if there is a clash between Peterborough and Wolves?

Seems some confusion as some are saying they have read that its whoever signed a riders gets first pick but cant say I have seen it.

As far as im aware its the same as usual. PL club gets first use unless rider is an asset of EL club using him.

• Like 1

If a rider is not an asset of either the Elite or Premier League club then it can depend on what the meeting is as the league matches take priority over challenge matches.

In the case of Lewis Blackbird he is an asset of a National League club and regardless of who signed for who first it is usually the Premier League club that will get priority but the rider can request in a case like this to be prioritised by the Elite League club if he so wishes.

It has been pointed out on the social media that on March 27th Jason Garrity is missing the meeting v Wolves as it clashes with Peterborough v Rye House but Lewis Blackbird is scheduled to ride.

Did notice the number of meetings that Ashley Birks is missing is quite high and will have to have a guest in roughly 14 meeting's

I think Peterborough get priority but it does make you wonder if its just a mistake that Lewis Blackbird has not been mentioned in missing the trip to Coventry but Jason Garrity has even though they are both due to be riding in the Premier League meeting.

Maybe it's just a typo and Lewis is at Peterborough that night which means we can use(as long as Coventry don't get him first) ..... Adam Roynon !!

Edited by T.N.T.

I think Peterborough get priority but it does make you wonder if its just a mistake that Lewis Blackbird has not been mentioned in missing the trip to Coventry but Jason Garrity has even though they are both due to be riding in the Premier League meeting.

Maybe it's just a typo and Lewis is at Peterborough that night which means we can use(as long as Coventry don't get him first) ..... Adam Roynon !!

Who also rides for...... oh wait, Peterborough

Depending on who the last rider is, Wolves will have their two second strings on a combined average over 12 points a match. That is more than any other team I have seen and if Musielak is anything like his Polish form then 6.50 is a reasonable average.

The teams success however depends on the second strings scoring if Tobiasz and Jacob struggle early on and in PK and Mads/Zengota/? they have riders that can move up and still score

Not too sure if its play off material but wont be the weakest by far

Well Zengota 6.16 will do nicely and fit in with Tobiasz Museliak well.

With only 8 teams in the league and 4 of those making the plays offs, you not being too sure if the team is play off material speaks volumes

With only 8 teams in the league and 4 of those making the plays offs, you not being too sure if the team is play off material speaks volumes

At first I thought they would be battling Leicester and Swindon for the wooden spoon while the other five race off into the distance

However I can now see a chink of light in the tunnel but it is going to be one massive TEAM performance to get anywhere near the play off final.

Belle Vue and Poole look to have the best set ups to me. Poole still have 2 to sign I know but if it's Darcy/3+ or Magic/4+ they have a powerful top four and the best two reserves while Belle Vue have the most potential from their second strings.

At first I thought they would be battling Leicester and Swindon for the wooden spoon while the other five race off into the distance

However I can now see a chink of light in the tunnel but it is going to be one massive TEAM performance to get anywhere near the play off final.

Belle Vue and Poole look to have the best set ups to me. Poole still have 2 to sign I know but if it's Darcy/3+ or Magic/4+ they have a powerful top four and the best two reserves while Belle Vue have the most potential from their second strings.

Think you can probably add Kings Lynn to those two,making it just one place to fight for towards the play-offs.

But a lot can change around June/July when the more average sides re-jig their line-ups,to make them more competitive.

Id agree though,that the bookies will almost certainly make Poole pre-season favourites.

• Like 1

Even though this year half the teams make the play-offs, recent history tells us that as a team Belle Vue (sadly) always seem to be less than the sum of their parts rather than more. I think it would be great for the sport if they had a good season, new stadium hopefully looming and so on, but I rather fear that somehow they will find a way to disaster from the jaws of triumph.

Goodness, that's a zealous filter! The censored word starts with s, rhymes with 'catch' and means to grab.

• Like 1