British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Plans of Woffy, Bentzon and Garrity. But they end up with Musielak, Wells and Bates. Things are grim in the black country :D

Not quite.. Garrity is the Blackbird signing...

So, Woffy, Berntzon and Starke would be more accurate :)

But your point stands!

I just keep wondering whether today's news is all part of the CVS/Adams exit plan. It's got to be as no sane businessman dilutes his product when he didn't have to and then charges more for it. That's the sure way to the poor house. 'Due to dwindling attendances we have been left with no choice but to look for a buyer for Wolverhampton Speedway and failing that will have no option but to close down' or words to that effect.

Hope to God I'm wrong.

I was typing mine when yours appeared! IMO that's the only way to read it based on this team.

If I was looking to sell a business I'd want to build up crowds or at least win a tittle of two so I could tell people they were buying a successful club. Only a mad man want to take over a dwindling, struggling, failing business.

This just strikes me as a CVS, can't win the league so lets do it on the cheap team. He does it every so often. It's odd, most teams you can predict where they'll finish in the league in 2 years time (assuming they're still in it!) but Wolves can and do finish in any position, CVS and Adams can build good teams but they have built a few stinkers too over the years and a few boringly average teams.

If they genuinely are building a foundation for the future it makes some sense but last time they built a crap team (was in 2008 you had Puk?), it was just crap with no future aside from Lindgren.

Not quite.. Garrity is the Blackbird signing...

So, Woffy, Berntzon and Starke would be more accurate :)

But your point stands!

Yeah but that wasn't as much fun :D

Wolves are 2 years away from their next title win which will be in 2017.

It does amuse me though how some Wolves fans love the signing of Thorssell... but are up in arms over the signing of Wells.

Newsflash... Wells was better than Thorssell last year.

• Like 2

Whatever the reason for it, that is a team that is well short of top end fire-power. If Poole get their proposed line-up they'll thrash that lot on any track. Amazing the differences between some teams, when you consider that they are all assembled from the same averages. Definitely a 'just making up the numbers' team.

Definitely looking weakest team on paper. Whilst some teams have 3 heat leaders this team seems to have just one and lindgrens very inconsistent.

Wolves are 2 years away from their next title win which will be in 2017.

It does amuse me though how some Wolves fans love the signing of Thorssell... but are up in arms over the signing of Wells.

Newsflash... Wells was better than Thorssell last year.

But the world & his Mrs knows Thorssell is going to move past him in the near future, with a bit of luck, this season. The issue for some (including me) is that at various stages there were apparently alternatives but CVS has settled back into his comfy chair of doing the easiest/cheapest thing. In a strange kind of way they might have got away with it but not with a price increase as well, that's taking the pi$$.

You ain't giving up on your 2017 prediction are you??? :D:D

• Like 1

I just keep wondering whether today's news is all part of the CVS/Adams exit plan. It's got to be as no sane businessman dilutes his product when he didn't have to and then charges more for it. That's the sure way to the poor house. 'Due to dwindling attendances we have been left with no choice but to look for a buyer for Wolverhampton Speedway and failing that will have no option but to close down' or words to that effect.

Hope to God I'm wrong.

I was typing mine when yours appeared! IMO that's the only way to read it based on this team.

Of course theres the option of Cradley taking over Wolves elite licence if things go bottom up.

Makes little difference to CVS having a finger in both pies,he knows he will get better crowds with the Heathens anyway.

God forbid if it ever comes to that,but stranger things have happened,and there is still no sign of Cradley getting anywhere near to finding a site in either Dudley or Sandwell.

Would you leave a warm house on a dark night and spend 18 quid for the privilege of watching that team?

At a talk-in a couple of years ago, I asked if it was fair to say the Wolves promotion had taken their eye off the ball since Dudley/Cradley had started riding at Monmore. With the exception of 2009 & 2010, the evidence is pretty compelling.

I'll be optimistic & say we'll finish 7th.

It's a typically cautious seven from CVS - after all these years what should we expect? I know grumbling at local sports teams is the chief pastime in the Wolverhampton area, but I think it's a bit unfair to write them off four weeks before a wheel has turned.

Looking at the line-ups in what is a truly dreadful Elite League this season, only two or three teams are definitely better than Wolves.

Of course, they are going to be relying on Thorsell kicking on to become a proper heat leader, Musielak settling in right away, PK recovering a little of his old sparkle, Wells moving out of what CVS described as his "comfort zone" and Freddie being the Freddie of three years ago.

It's a lot to ask, I know, but it might happen and at this stage in the year, I choose to be an optimist.

Edited by Conkers in Gravy

Even grimmer with the admission price going up to £18 (Coventry too) - Shocking!!

Poole charge 7 quid for kids which is even more shocking!

• Like 2

Poole charge 7 quid for kids which is even more shocking!

Really that's terrible.

Really that's terrible.

Couldn't believe it when I read the press release. It's a fiver for 5-10 years olds, Coventry is free until they are 11 and then that's only 3 quid.

Oh sorry Wolves fans for hijacking the thread. You will finish 8th.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Well I for one will pick and choose witch meetings I go to this season .

Not looking very exciting

Would you leave a warm house on a dark night and spend 18 quid for the privilege of watching that team?

At a talk-in a couple of years ago, I asked if it was fair to say the Wolves promotion had taken their eye off the ball since Dudley/Cradley had started riding at Monmore. With the exception of 2009 & 2010, the evidence is pretty compelling.

I'll be optimistic & say we'll finish 7th.

Tbf, we were the best team in 2013 till the Proctor injury.

Even then, we'd still have beaten Birmingham but lost Woffy the weekend before and the guests were atrocious... (plus of course the mis-management of Klindt).

• Like 1