British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Because Shamek Pawlicki said last season alot of the Poles didnt want to ride for a monday night track.

Perhaps a change of race night would give us more options when trying to put a decent team together.

When BV's National Stadium opens next year will they move from Monday? If they do, who will be left sticking out like a sore thumb? No issue with BAGS meetings on wednesdays. They've just signed a new 3 year deal with Ladbrokes, has there been any forward thinking? Maybe this is the opportunity to drag Dumb & Dumber into the 21st century?

With regard to clashing with the Danish league, doesn't seem to have been a problem for Poole.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

When BV's National Stadium opens next year will they move from Monday? If they do, who will be left sticking out like a sore thumb? No issue with BAGS meetings on wednesdays. They've just signed a new 3 year deal with Ladbrokes, has there been any forward thinking? Maybe this is the opportunity to drag Dumb & Dumber into the 21st century?

With regard to clashing with the Danish league, doesn't seem to have been a problem for Poole.

I seem to remember BV are switching to Fridays with Wednesday as an off day. The EL will soon be a Wednesday-Friday product as surely Leicester will have to switch soon.

Belle Vue have long said that Mondays are difficult both in terms of getting riders and because many fans go out at the weekend and traditionally Monday is a quiet day for the entertainment industry.

The preferred race night will be Friday in the hope of attracting more children and also because it is regarded as the start of the weekend when people are more inclined to spend. Wednesday will be used for GP weekends and other FIM clashes.

Wolves probably wouldn't run on Wednesday as it clashes with Birmingham and Cradley.

• Like 1

Wolves probably wouldn't run on Wednesday as it clashes with Birmingham and Cradley.

It's a good point but I've never understood the logic. If I'm a Wolves fan, I go to Wolves. If I'm a Brummie fan, I go to Brum. If I'm a Spoon, I go to get my head examined.

• Like 8

It's a good point but I've never understood the logic. If I'm a Wolves fan, I go to Wolves. If I'm a Brummie fan, I go to Brum. If I'm a Spoon, I go to get my head examined.

Priceless :rofl:

• Like 1

That brought a smile on a rainy day 😁

In all seriousness though, it's the logic Adams and Van Stratton would see. However, like most of their logics, it's about 20 years out of date.

the problem we have which I think was mentioned on the Coventry vs wolves thread is the loyalty to the asset base that CVS and Adams have always had.

the team is usually put together with as many of our assets as possible. this was never really a problem 6 or 7 years ago as we had a variety of assets to choose from.

problem being now is that the asset base hasn't really changed, all riders have gotten older and the only worthwhile additions to this asset base in the last 8 years are Tai and Piotr who we aren't using because they don't want to ride here.

the problem we have which I think was mentioned on the Coventry vs wolves thread is the loyalty to the asset base that CVS and Adams have always had.

the team is usually put together with as many of our assets as possible. this was never really a problem 6 or 7 years ago as we had a variety of assets to choose from.

problem being now is that the asset base hasn't really changed, all riders have gotten older and the only worthwhile additions to this asset base in the last 8 years are Tai and Piotr who we aren't using because they don't want to ride here.

Not at all.

It has absolutely nothing to do with picking the team mainly from the asset base or not.

It has EVERYTHING to do with picking the correct riders on the correct averages.

Just bringing in 3 or 4 new faces will do nothing if the same mistakes are made in team building.

If you fancy kicking out Freddie Lindgren, we'll take him at Coventry next season. He'll make a nice second string with Hans Andersen :D

Wouldn't Wednesday nights clash with the Danish League?

Or kings Lynn.

If you fancy kicking out Freddie Lindgren, we'll take him at Coventry next season. He'll make a nice second string with Hans Andersen :D

If we have to suffer yet another season of an underperforming number one think there is as much chance as Tai and Piotr going anyway, or nil chance :wink:

To be honest his UK form this year is inexplicable. He is not old, he knows the tracks and set-ups, he has been at top top rider for Wolves. He wants be in the UK unlike other riders, so exactly what is going on ?

Bemusement doesn't begin to describe it.

Wolves closed down in 1982/1983 and I went to one speedway meeting at Birmingham as a mate asked me. I imagine I am like the vast majority of speedway fans, it is your team or nothing.

So, no, I wouldn't see a problem running against Birmingham. I don't think Wolves fans are keeping Birmingham afloat!

• Like 3

team building for 2016 tai to have few meetings at the end reduce is ave below 7 2016 1 nicki pedersen 2 pk 3 piotr no 4from any off the remaining asets musielak wells thorsell 5 tai all our assets just

To be honest his UK form this year is inexplicable. He is not old, he knows the tracks and set-ups, he has been at top top rider for Wolves. He wants be in the UK unlike other riders, so exactly what is going on ?

Bemusement doesn't begin to describe it.

I think its mostly in the head.

Under this system it doesn't take much to have a bad meeting. A rider can then start questioning themselves, making changes on setups that aren't required, changing things that perhaps don't need changing.. losing more and more confidence as things get worse in each race.

Then, they drop to second string, have some easier races, start to win and suddenly they are a different rider again.

Fred hasn't dropped that far.. yet!

• Like 1

team building for 2016 tai to have few meetings at the end reduce is ave below 7 2016 1 nicki pedersen 2 pk 3 piotr no 4from any off the remaining asets musielak wells thorsell 5 tai all our assets just

The secret to interstellar space travel will be discovered before Nicki Pedersen rides for the Wolves again !

• Like 5