British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Now the initial furore has died down is there any circumstances you would consider having Piotr back next season. With the immotive language used by CVS, quite rightly, it'd appear hell would have to freeze over. The interesting bit for me was CVS made quite a point about U21 Poles, their value to their Polish teams and the fact that their federation enter them into any U21 competition going.

Could the way forward be to look at him again when he is no longer U21? That would appear to address the biggest sticking point for the club. Whether the rider would be interested is anyone's guess.

Whatever one says about CVS, and I do, a lot, he's nobody's fool when it comes the folding stuff. Wolves have what looks like it's going to be a valuable asset on the books. Or is the breach between club & rider irreversible and if Piotr ever shows his face in the UK again we'll have to be satisfied with loan fees a la Pedersen?

When Pawlicki is 21 and no longer the key figure at reserve for Leszno then I see no reason why he shouldn't return to Wolverhampton but that is in 2016 and by then the Elite League will be either one night a week or not around.

One rider that could eventually turn out to be at Wolves is Rory Schlein who has been a regular guest of late and has moved around over the years. Certainly the sort of rider that appeals to CVS.

As for 2015 the injury to Iversen and the most likely ban on Ward should give Freddie Lindgren the chance to finish in the top 8 and that would make him unlikely to return to British Speedway in my opinion.

Thorssell and Bernzton seem to be assured of signing regardless of what strength the leagues are and despite what many may feel about him, Ty Proctor will carry a very low average and as a second string he has to be considered.

When Pawlicki is 21 and no longer the key figure at reserve for Leszno then I see no reason why he shouldn't return to Wolverhampton but that is in 2016 and by then the Elite League will be either one night a week or not around.

Good point :D

One rider that could eventually turn out to be at Wolves is Rory Schlein who has been a regular guest of late and has moved around over the years. Certainly the sort of rider that appeals to CVS.

I'd rather have the other 'regular guest'. :D

As for 2015 the injury to Iversen and the most likely ban on Ward should give Freddie Lindgren the chance to finish in the top 8 and that would make him unlikely to return to British Speedway in my opinion.

Interesting bit in the Star this week on this. Reading between the lines Fred is a bit disappointed that giving us a miss this year thus easing his schedule hasn't produced the expected improvement in his GP performances. On that basis he doesn't rule out Britain in 2015 but does mention the extra costs involved.

Thorssell and Bernzton seem to be assured of signing regardless of what strength the leagues are.

If the management let Berntzon slip through their fingers after what we hear then they'll be erecting a gallows on the Bilston Rd :D

and despite what many may feel about him, Ty Proctor will carry a very low average and as a second string he has to be considered.

What Wolfie says^^^^

Edited by Wolfsbane

Thorssell and Bernzton seem to be assured of signing regardless of what strength the leagues are and despite what many may feel about him, Ty Proctor will carry a very low average and as a second string he has to be considered.

Much rather have Bjerre back on a average of just over 4.00,hes only gonna get better now he seems to have found the right club.

Its not only injury with Ty,his confidence is shot to pieces,and if he doesnt make the start he even finds it hard to pass a reserve.Perhaps a really good winter back in Oz might do the trick,and hopefully to get back to the form he showed prior to his crash at Brum.

If everyone in the Wolves team had ridden like Pawlicki then the other teams would be riding for second place.

Agree about Lasse Bjerre as he is averaging seven a match for Wolves but he isn't owned by the club so perhaps he would be the ideal second string with Proctor as plan B (not the singer)

Let's see if there is an Elite League next year first and if so the limits on building a team but Woffinden has to be the priority due to commercial influence and an average just over seven a match.

After finishing the season with 6+ riders covering the heat leader positions added to the fact that its highly unlikely anthing will be done to help accomodate the likes of Woffinden, Iversen, Zagar etc then if 2015 is going to be anything like these final matches then it promises to be one hell of a season.

Matches against Leicester and Eastbourne at home, even Poole away showed there can be great racing in every heat without the big names riding and with the assets Wolves have I would feel confident they could put together an attractive team next season with the 6+ heat leaders.

Maybe they would need to convert to PL standard averages, then build to a 43 limit say for the top six and a NL draft at #7.

9.30 Jacob Thorssell

9.20 Ricky Wells

7.50 Lasse Bjerre

7.00 Oliver Bernzton

6.00 Gino Minzares

4.00 Ashley Morris

draft - Tom Perry

May not be what we really want, but its cost effective and built on riders committed to British Speedway

PS; The team above is only an example and some are not assets

Edited by T.N.T.

Lasse and Jacob a must for next season maybe Wells as he did his job just unlucky to loss his place this season.

Agree about Lasse and Jacob,but not sure how they would fit in Wells or maybe Proctor.If the league stay with roughly the same format(and its a big if) then who would you leave out.

According to TNT,Bernzton is a nailed on certain starter for a place,so someone is gonna miss out.

With the ammount of guest rider bookings he has done for us lately,is Rory Schlein another CVS and Adams is looking to recruit.

And again,with Woffys low average(if he wants to return)that gives more scope to strengthen the lower order.

All ifs and buts,but something has to change.This cant go on as it is,the Elite league is a total mess from top to bottom.

But dont hold your breath they will get it right,cant tell on the committee who is the monkey and who is the organ grinder.

Can't see the Elite League making changes that will suit the likes of Tai and other top riders and that will most likely mean Tai will have to decide if he wants to do Britain or Sweden and it will be a surprise at the moment if he drops Sweden.

Lasse Bjerre is a Peterborough asset but I know he loves it at Wolverhampton and would like to be back next season but so would PK Proctor and Wells .

According to TNT,Bernzton is a nailed on certain starter for a place,so someone is gonna miss out.

No, that's according to Bernzton himself.

He confirmed it in an interview in the Speedway Star in July.

Lasse and Jacob a must for next season maybe Wells as he did his job just unlucky to loss his place this season.

Jacob for me a must.

Lasse has done well in a short time but i wouldn't consider him a must.

Likewise Wells, he did nothing wrong to get the sack but the balance has to be better next season.

We don't know what strength the Elite League will be ..... How many teams ...... The race format ....... Averages to be used in 2015 ?

It's all guess work at the moment but here are the main contenders for a team place next season.

9.5 chance of returning - JACOB THORSSELL = Without doubt the clubs next Super Swede following in the tyre tracks of Karlsson, Max and Lindgren and has progressed so much since first coming over where he struggled to stay on the track.

8.0 - OLIVER BERNZTON = Has already reached an agreement to ride for Wolves next season and unless there is something stopping him, I would think he will be on the team sheet with Jacob from day one.

7.5 - RICKY WELLS = Very good at home, maybe inconsistant away but since the return of PK it is clear that Ricky has more to offer than the legend.

7.5 - LASSE BJERRE = May be on loan or doubling up but he is certainly enjoying it at Wolves and has certainly done a lot better than his current 4.14 average.

6.0 - PETER KARLSSON = Sentiment shouldn't get in the way but PK has proved he can still score big points and if there are weaker #1's next season he could be a regular 7+ rider ...... but the four mentioned above have to be considered first in my opintion. If he did return it would most likely mean he wont be doing as many in Sweden and maybe concentrate on England for his final year ?

6.0 - TY PROCTOR = Yes he has had numerous chances but when fit he has proved to be a real match winner and with an average well below five he has to be considered

5.0 - LUDVIG LINDGREN = May have been missing in 2014 but he is still a Monmore favourite and if the league is right he could be on his way back ...... with his brother FREDDIE maybe but think big brother may be back in the GP Top 8 and sit out Britain again.

4.0 - NICOLAI KLINDT = Nice guy and lives locally but he isn't the prospect any more and seems to have settled in the Premier League which is clearly his level at present

2.0 - TAI WOFFINDEN = He wants to ride for Wolves and in Britain but things would have to change big time to suit his busy schedule and if the EL stays roughly the same I think Tai will have to drop one league and it looks most likely it will be Britain

1.0 - PIOTR PAWLICKI = If he wasn't under the age of twenty one and Polish he would be back next season but there is no way while he is so important to Leszno will he be back in Britain while he is at reserve

7.5 - RICKY WELLS = Very good at home, maybe inconsistant away but since the return of PK it is clear that Ricky has more to offer than the legend.

6.0 - PETER KARLSSON = Sentiment shouldn't get in the way but PK has proved he can still score big points and if there are weaker #1's next season he could be a regular 7+ rider ...... but the four mentioned above have to be considered first in my opintion. If he did return it would most likely mean he wont be doing as many in Sweden and maybe concentrate on England for his final year ?

Eh?

And what about Jason Garrity,some Rye House posters on here are sayng he dosent want to be at Brandon next season,and wants a move to Monmore.

Have no idea in what form though,surely cant be in a reserve berth,he will have to double-up from in the top five.