British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye V Newcastle 2nd August.

All these people complaining about this there is 1 Newcastle supporter who was calling for matches to be called off when the FOOTBALL world cup was on. make your mind up mr park .

No I didn't. What I said was, they (should have) knew the World Cup was on and had plenty of time to re-arrange the speedway fixture but left it late to do so. There is a difference.

Rye House also knew the SWC Final was this weekend and either should have said (a lot earlier), either "we won't run on that Saturday," or, "We definitely run that Saturday (weather permitting)."

No I didn't. What I said was, they (should have) knew the World Cup was on and had plenty of time to re-arrange the speedway fixture but left it late to do so. There is a difference.

Rye House also knew the SWC Final was this weekend and either should have said (a lot earlier), either "we won't run on that Saturday," or, "We definitely run that Saturday (weather permitting)."

I'd have said a Poland/Aussie/Denmark/GB final before the start, so you're probably right

Rye House told Newcastle not to come next week before asking Berwick if they were available. Well, they're not, so we have no meeting at all next Saturday. You couldn't make it up!!

I would imagine Berwick would have discussed any possible change with Glasgow before they announced it but it seems Tigers are at Berwick.

Should have made it an afternoon meeting with the addition of a S.W.C party in the bar after the meeting .Looks like he missed a trick here . Or did Newcastle not want to come as the would be without Kingy ?

Should have made it an afternoon meeting with the addition of a S.W.C party in the bar after the meeting .Looks like he missed a trick here . Or did Newcastle not want to come as the would be without Kingy ?

I've just read last night Raceday Magazine and in George's column he was saying that "at this stage it is impossible to say whether we will have Danny back for that match so another guest will have to be on standby for that meeting." So it sounds as if the postponement was Uncle Len's doing.

For me i want to see racing every Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday but in the current scheme of things it aint going to happen. Normally a stalwart at home fixtures i would have probably gone but given the win for GB at Kings Lynn and the fact that Essex are on the telly in crickets 20 20 i am not too upset My preference would be to see a full strength Newcastle team as well. If ever ever you watched an afternoon meeting in hot sunny weather you wouldn't wish Saturday afternoon racing on anyone at Hoddesdon. Sadly until the Promotion lose their interest in Speedway in Kent we aint going nowhere

• Like 1

The meeting is now scheduled for Wednesday 13th August at 7.30pm

The meeting is now scheduled for Wednesday 13th August at 7.30pm

Yet another meeting I can't make as it's Wednesday - not for years have I been to so little speedway and the be honest I'm not missing it at Rye! May be time for me to give the sport a rest :sad:

Yet another meeting I can't make as it's Wednesday - not for years have I been to so little speedway and the be honest I'm not missing it at Rye! May be time for me to give the sport a rest :sad:

Usually I'm not so keen on midweek evening meetings as I'm working the next day, so no drink, but Thursday is my day off that week! :D Edited by Shadders

Time to change your signature ?

• Like 1