British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves 8th Aug

16.1.2 It is the duty of the Staging Promotion to ensure that all Fixtures are completed and in the event of it being necessary to re-arrange a Team Fixture, the Promoter(s) shall mutually agree a re-staging date.

Jon Cook did not agree to the cancellation of the meeting; nor mutually agree any re-staging date at the time of your Promoter pulling his stroke.

16.1.3 In all Events that count towards a Championship, the Regulations must be adhered to and any Team or Individual found in breach of the Regulations will be liable to a penalty including the loss of League Points or removal from a Competition.

16.1.4 If a Team resigns, withdraws or is expelled from a Competition the SCB will declare all results involving that Team as null and void.

Suffice to say that if these regulations had been adhered to, you would not have stolen the league title in 2013.

The point is I don't believe Lakeside created enough havoc over this utter farce to force the SCB's arm into doing something. We basically rolled over and let Fraud tickle our tummy.

But to answer your question - your Promoter did NOT adhere to the SCB regulations. And Poole supporters that don't want to recognise any wrongdoing are a constant source of embarrassment to the sport.

Apologies for taking this thread off-track but it's an issue that should never be forgotten (not to mention the debacle when Poole were at Belle Vue) and more importantly, never repeated.

Albeit, if it is, I'm sure that I'm not the only supporter that would love to see Fraud 'fall on the sword of Damocles'.

How do you equate 16.1.2 to the Belle Vue v Poole fixture, as being any fault of Poole's??? As stated on many occasions, the onus (duty) is always on the home (staging) promotion to make the decision!

A pressure that shouldn't be there IF they stuck to the fixture list!

Disgusting that fans are treated with contempt .

They'd be similarly accused if they went ahead with the fixture with a team full of guests and r/r

A no win situation, which should have been avoided months ago

• Like 4

How do you equate 16.1.2 to the Belle Vue v Poole fixture, as being any fault of Poole's??? As stated on many occasions, the onus (duty) is always on the home (staging) promotion to make the decision!

I wasn't equating the Belle Vue abandonment to regulation 16.1.2

I was just referring to the Kirky Lane debacle as yet another example of how your Promoter rides roughshod over rules and regulations; due to his 'win at all costs' mentality. I could quote more but this isn't the time nor the place. Plus I'm going for a pint at half eight.

It's just yet another incident, in the raft of despicable actions, orchestrated by your management. And if you condone their indefensible actions, then quite honestly, there is no point discussing the issue further.

On the matter of the Cov postponement. It's difficult to call but I certainly would not have attended, as a neutral spectator, with so many absentees if I'm honest. And whilst I recognise people's dissatisfaction, this really was a no-win scenario for their promotion. That said, fair play to Wolves on agreeing with the request. Meetings aren't won on paper but it's fair to say that Wolverhampton had an excellent opportunity to amass valuable league points for their play-off aspirations.

Suffice to say, if Mr. Ford had instrumented a similar process (as per the regulations) and behaved like a fair-minded guy instead of a selfish, spoilt brat, then maybe he'd be viewed by many of us in an entirely different light.

• Like 1