British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Kent V Stoke Mon 4th August

And you come to this 'conclusion' based on what? On being in a crowd entertained by some brilliant speedway racing (Benji & Marc tonight in particular)? Or by sitting at your PC on your own sneering at the world?

Fortunately those who go to the Speedway know how enjoyable the experience is. I somehow think their opinion might just be worth a tad more than yours...

I went to most meetings last season and sponsored a rider.

Went to first 5 or 6 meetings this season but have stopped for lots of reasons.

Don`t agree with lots of things at Club - And I am not the only one.

Simple thing is NOT enough people go to Speedway anymore.

The reason Brum closed and Eagles look in trouble.

Glad you enjoy it - make the most of it as I cannot see it lasting unless things change.

p.s.

Could not care less you think my opinion is worth nothing.

Could not care less you think my opinion is worth nothing.

I think many will agree with that!

Edited by Guest

Well well well! How foolish of me (and probably everybody else), to think that we did not have a prayer; Stoke were totally blown apart.

Everybody played their part in this very impressive win which moved us to 3rd in the table. Surely if this kind of form continues, and with Lambert to come back, the playoff's must be nailed on.

Baseby looked very fast, Mason was mind-reading everything in front and behind him, Compton was at times untouchable, Ayres looked fast and comfortable in front, Garrad beat James Sarjeant! and Morley got a much needed win under his belt.

Bloody bloomin' marvellous.

Blow your whistle.

Kent Kings 56 Stoke 36! Well you can't be right all the time!

That doesn't make it a poor website in terms of presentation does it? It's just that the team photos section needs updating. That's not the end of the 'speedway world"!

What is the point of the club taking all those pictures if they do not use them?

• Like 1

I think many will agree with that!

Oh sorry Mr Expert who goes all the time. :nono:

• Like 2

What is the point of the club taking all those pictures if they do not use them?

I am sure they will be updated. Patience! Apart from that very small things, the website is well presented and informative. It's the place to visit for what is happening rather than follow the speculation that gets posted on the BSF by "supporters"!

Oh sorry Mr Expert who goes all the time. :nono:

I have never been to Central Park. There are reasons for this which I will not detail. But I can assure you that I do have a shade of exprience - just a little - in how speedway operates and what goes on in it. 'Nuff said!

Did anybody catch the 'altercation' and the Elite rider with a bar in the pits last night? :nono:

I did hear about it. It sounded a little comical but heat of the moment and all that....

You only beat Stoke, not exactly great are they.

It's prats like you who give proper Cradley supporters their otherwise undeserved bad name. Shame you have to tarnish the good reputation of hundreds of proper speedway fans with your unwelcome poisonous visits to Kent threads. #TrollOff

Edited by 1st Bend Bunching
  • Like 3

It's prats like you who give proper Cradley supporters their otherwise undeserved bad name. Shame you have to tarnish the good reputation of hundreds of proper speedway fans with your unwelcome poisonous visits to Kent threads. #TrollOff

Agree or disagree. This is supposed to be a debating forum. Is it "Troll" or research? We are not tied down to where we can enter or debate - although I am often told otherwise!!!

This is a doctrine to follow: As Voltaire said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Edited by Guest

Maybe not, but until recently they had been doing reasonably well, and we {Cradley} didnt beat them by much more than Kent. Just because we are top, doesnt mean we have to go around with heads bigger than Gas Ometers. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 4

Maybe not, but until recently they had been doing reasonably well, and we {Cradley} didnt beat them by much more than Kent. Just because we are top, doesnt mean we have to go around with heads bigger than Gas Ometers. :wink:

Well said greyhound. I think gustix is wrong on this occasion; everyone is entitled to their opinions, but Heathen1984 takes it too far. He has a history of gate-crashing threads and crowing. That causes ill feelings between supporters and there's no place for it in speedway.

• Like 2

Just stating the obvious or ain't we allowed opinions on here now. We were poor against Stoke as well not saying we were great. Only 3 my decent teams in the league this season I'm afraid.

Sod it, i'm going to take the bait.

They had Ben Wilson at #1 - he has been snapped up by a premier league side. Their guest, James Sarjeant, has EL experience and is on a 9 average. Their #2 Chris Widman is the 6th most improved rider this season and he does well at our track. I really rate him even though he had a night to forget last night. Ben Hopwood has ridden CP a dozen times (and guested as our #1 this season) - he also rides EL. Lee Payne was on EL duty i think so they brought in the wonderful Marc Owen. He has ridden our track a dozen times, can pass anybody and he also rides EL. Jon Armstrong needs no introduction as he has scored bags of points for your team. Yes they were without James Mcbain at reserve but Shuttleworth is decent enough and Kirby is an ex King who scored 7 paid 9 against us a few weeks ago.

Oh, and Stoke have won their last two visits to CP.

#BYW

Edited by whistlegang
  • Like 1

Just stating the obvious or ain't we allowed opinions on here now. We were poor against Stoke as well not saying we were great. Only 3 my decent teams in the league this season I'm afraid.

You're just using free expression as an excuse to brag about how good your team is and how crappy the rest of us are. You seem to feel you can just saunter in and say anything you like, no matter how upsetting or controversial, just because you have an 'opinion'. Reality check mate, when you spit out mindless remarks like that, they're not opinions, they're insults. Don't be surprised when occasionally someone has a go back - it's called self defence. If you have any affection for the team you follow, you wouldn't go about demeaning others. It hurts and you won't always be top of the pile. What goes around.....

• Like 1

A fine gesture by the kent management last night. To let those fans that attended last weeks rain off in for nothing was excellent PR for the club. And was well appreciated by yours truly!

• Like 2