British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Wolverhampton 9 Aug

Bomber misses out on Poland tomorrow as his team wanted him to practice today.

Good on him putting the British public 1st.

You never know he might be tempted by a club with strong Aussie influences!!! :wink::D:party:

Doubt it very much.

I am sure he prefers riding for a club that looks after their riders. :party:

• Like 1

Doubt it very much.

I am sure he prefers riding for a club that looks after their riders. :party:

More a case of guaranteed income rather than taking the chance his Polish team wouldn't select him? Nothing to do with loyalty etc, strikes me as a hard nosed business decision.

More a case of guaranteed income rather than taking the chance his Polish team wouldn't select him? Nothing to do with loyalty etc, strikes me as a hard nosed business decision.

I think SB was replying to my tongue in cheek post, Nick, although I admit you can never be sure with SB!! :shock::wink:

Probably can't as the team has been declared.'

Maybe Greaves can come down with the same' illness' as Pawlicki seems to have! ;)

No idea what you are on about, what is new there. I was replying to Skidder1`s post. It clearly is easy to be unsure if you are right when you are a Poole fan. :t:

I think SB was replying to my tongue in cheek post, Nick, although I admit you can never be sure with SB!! :shock::wink:

It was very clear who i was replying to, i even quoted you!

Maybe its just `a Poole thing`. :D

No idea what you are on about, what is new there. I was replying to Skidder1`s post. It clearly is easy to be unsure if you are right when you are a Poole fan. :t:

Oops meant to reply to TMW's post, fat finger syndrome

It was very clear who i was replying to, i even quoted you!

Maybe its just `a Poole thing`. :D

Replacing Pawlicki who is ill!!

CVS has the medical certificate already (according to their website) - probably has a pad of them already signed with any Saturday dates to be added in as necessary?!! :rofl:

That's what is so damn annoying about rider absences. Why can't promoters just be honest instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes saying a rider is ill. I'm sure it is yet another 24 hour sickness and Pawlicki, like many before him, will be perfectly fit tomorrow when it suits. :rolleyes: I wonder what excuse he used when he missed the last Leicester v Wolves match. Don't bother checking though because I'm not that interested as I'm thoroughly cheesed off this season.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 7

That's what is so damn annoying about rider absences. Why can't promoters just be honest instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes saying a rider is ill. I'm sure it is yet another 24 hour sickness and Pawlicki, like many before him, will be perfectly fit tomorrow when it suits. :rolleyes:

Because if they're honest they get no facility.

I wonder what stevebrum thinks of Pawlickis absence - after all, he was very vocal in his condemnation of both Pawlickis when they ride for Coventry and I seem to remember him telling us Adams and CVS would not stand for it :D

Is the British EL the place to be 'testing stuff'?

Yes because it's such a weak league for a rider of tai"s class & I would imagine he is on a set wage.

........................& I would imagine he is on a set wage.

Good job it's not performance related :party:

• Like 1

That is where Ward needs to be given his due has the same schedule but gives all wherever he is

So has Tai, Freddie, Iversen etc ...... but Darcy has also said he will probably drop Britain next season if it's not one night a week

Good on him putting the British public 1st.

He was booked to ride for Wolves and then flying out soon after for the Polish meeting. However they dropped him because he cant make the practice.

With Leszno in action tomorrow, I expect Pawlicki was stuck in the same boat but these 24 hour bugs are not great and if you have an upset stomach, the last place you want to be in Leicester !!

So has Tai................

So has Tai what TNT?

Edited by Wolfsbane

I wonder what stevebrum thinks of Pawlickis absence - after all, he was very vocal in his condemnation of both Pawlickis when they ride for Coventry and I seem to remember him telling us Adams and CVS would not stand for it :D

Too right i was and if you know anything about my support of my club (i take it you have read my thoughts on our number 1!) i cant abide riders taking the wee.

Piotr i actually expected to miss much more meetings than he has. Unfortunately that is the problem with riders competing in the U21`s events.

Looking at the year so far he has ridden in 22 out of our 24 meetings (25 tonight) which makes that at about 88%.

Nowhere near as bad as i expected.

As for the `sickness` thing. Dont buy it for one minute as i guess he will ride in Poland on Sunday.

I MIGHT be more concerned about the commitment of our riders if we still had something to play for.

Edited by stevebrum

Retire Karlsson, you're past it (according to some) :P

• Like 1