British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Scunthorpe Mon 11th Aug 6-30 Pm

Not everyone can be world champion. My point was that from the amatueur meetings through the leagues until you reach the pinnacle everyone be it NL PL EL International comp. Everyone has a potential to develop. So to say NL only is development Is incorrect.

But the NL is the only league that the SCB recognises as a development league...

Page 50 of the SCB Speedway Regulations...

19. NATIONAL LEAGUE MEETING REGULATIONS

Known as the National League, it's official name is the National Development League to clarify that this is the entry level league dedicated to the training and development of young home grown riders.

IMHO those teams using too many experienced riders are not following the regulations. Scunthorpe is not breaking the regulations but - as I stated yesterday - all teams could be more balanced by having a maximum of 2 experienced riders, 3 riders gaining more experience, and 2 rookies.

(the poor grammar and punctuation comes from the SCB - not me :nono: )

Edited by scribbler

Pop down to CP and witness what David Mason is doing with our young inexperienced riders. Whilst you are there, come and enjoy Simon Lambert on bends 3 and 4. He is currently injured for around 3 more weeks (through no fault of his own). With a bit of luck he won't need NL next season so you PL and EL lovers can enjoy all of him #go-on-the-lammy. Oh, and as for Benji Compton - he is back to his best after an injury and financial issues. His reward?: Poole EL draft rider at reserve.

BYW.

Pop down to CP and witness what David Mason is doing with our young inexperienced riders. Whilst you are there, come and enjoy Simon Lambert on bends 3 and 4. He is currently injured for around 3 more weeks (through no fault of his own). With a bit of luck he won't need NL next season so you PL and EL lovers can enjoy all of him #go-on-the-lammy. Oh, and as for Benji Compton - he is back to his best after an injury and financial issues. His reward?: Poole EL draft rider at reserve.

BYW.

But Mason, Baseby, Compton and/or Lambert in the same team is a bit excessive don't you think? Mason + one other experienced rider is much more balanced IMHO.

PS. I'd love to pop down to Kent - but I physically couldn't manage it. We have a wedding to attend in Kent November 1st and I will need to stay for 2 or 3 nights to be able to cope.

Oh, and as for Benji Compton - he is back to his best after an injury and financial issues. His reward?: Poole EL draft rider at reserve.

BYW.

If you think that Benji being offered a place in the Poole team is a good thing you have no idea how the EL is run - and how Matt Ford works.

As for Benji being fast tracked... he was in the CL in 2005 - 9 years ago :shock:. I really don't think that he will ever be in the EL other than as a FT reserve. He's being used... The fast track reserves should be young riders with the potential to improve. Lee Smart was Poole's first FT reserve this season... and Brendan Johnson has just been moved out of the team to make way for Benji Compton. If anything rider's confidences are being harmed. Lee Smart (I think) retired from speedway after being replaced in the Poole team....

Edited by scribbler
  • Like 1

But Mason, Baseby, Compton and/or Lambert in the same team is a bit excessive don't you think? Mason + one other experienced rider is much more balanced IMHO.

PS. I'd love to pop down to Kent - but I physically couldn't manage it. We have a wedding to attend in Kent November 1st and I will need to stay for 2 or 3 nights to be able to cope.

Yes it might be. But don't forget we are only in our second season, and if the management were to do a Scunthorpe, they would probably not keep the crowds required (although I would attend).

Since the beginning, the management have given plenty of youngsters a chance - but for whatever reason, most have not made it and been moved on. Kirby, Woods, Coles, Harris.

Yes, we could do with another 4 or 5 like Jack Kingston, but for now, we have 5 guys in their mid-twenties. They are all improving so why shouldn't they have a team place?

p.s. No Speedway in November!

AKA the poisoned chalice.

It might turn out to be but wouldn't you take your chance?!

• Like 1

The reason Adam is named as No 8 is known to anyone who knows what goes on at Central Park.

His mum does the photos there this season and Adam is given the No 8 spot, with no intention of using him, unless through injury, with the chance of a second half every now and then.

Adam is nowhere near NDL level, and probably never will be but its easy for the promotion to have them there as a No 8 for free,

Hope that settles that debate.

But the NL is the only league that the SCB recognises as a development league...

Page 50 of the SCB Speedway Regulations...

19. NATIONAL LEAGUE MEETING REGULATIONS

Known as the National League, it's official name is the National Development League to clarify that this is the entry level league dedicated to the training and development of young home grown riders.

IMHO those teams using too many experienced riders are not following the regulations. Scunthorpe is not breaking the regulations but - as I stated yesterday - all teams could be more balanced by having a maximum of 2 experienced riders, 3 riders gaining more experience, and 2 rookies.

(the poor grammar and punctuation comes from the SCB - not me :nono: )

I know one person at Central Park who will still disagree with this, even though its in the rulebook.

He has always stated its never been called "Development" although we all know it has and have been trying to tell him that for years.

Problem is, he never listens and always thinks he's right. Probably why he gets on so well with Mr Silver LOL

Edited by Nikko

The reason Adam is named as No 8 is known to anyone who knows what goes on at Central Park.

His mum does the photos there this season and Adam is given the No 8 spot, with no intention of using him, unless through injury, with the chance of a second half every now and then.

Adam is nowhere near NDL level, and probably never will be but its easy for the promotion to have them there as a No 8 for free,

I know one person who will still disagree with this, even though its in the rulebook.

He has always stated its never been called "Development" although we all know it has

How sad - especially for the mother and son to be abused this way :sad: .

It still is the NDL. I've quoted directly from the SCB regulations pdf.

And there was me thinking this thread was about the Kent vs Scunthorpe meeting. Look guys, you are just going to have to learn to live with your violent objections to the way Messrs Cearns and Silver run things at Central Park. Why? Because there are hundreds of us who gratefully turn up each week, pay our money, watch our speedway, and go home happy. In this forum we have no real option but to read your bilious spewings. Feel sorry for us if you wish, but come 6:30pm every Monday night throughout the summer, nobody gives your bitterness and negativity a second thought in that stadium. I can't begin to tell you how much that pleases me.

• Like 2

And there was me thinking this thread was about the Kent vs Scunthorpe meeting. Look guys, you are just going to have to learn to live with your violent objections to the way Messrs Cearns and Silver run things at Central Park. Why? Because there are hundreds of us who gratefully turn up each week, pay our money, watch our speedway, and go home happy. In this forum we have no real option but to read your bilious spewings. Feel sorry for us if you wish, but come 6:30pm every Monday night throughout the summer, nobody gives your bitterness and negativity a second thought in that stadium. I can't begin to tell you how much that pleases me.

:rofl::t:

I know one person at Central Park who will still disagree with this, even though its in the rulebook.

He has always stated its never been called "Development" although we all know it has and have been trying to tell him that for years.

Problem is, he never listens and always thinks he's right. Probably why he gets on so well with Mr Silver LOL

Whooooah man, someones a little bitter yeah

Not hapy with da Kings are ya nicky

How sad - especially for the mother and son to be abused this way :sad: .

If Nikko means that Adam Sheppard's mum is a photographer then surely she gets a fee for her work? If he means she runs the track's photo sales operation on a voluntary basis she has the option to stop doing do this.

And on those those two factors I fail to see how scribbler can say they are being "abused". But there may be more to the situation than I am visualising or am aware of and, as always, I stand to be corrected.

Edited by Guest