British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Eastbourne 15th Aug

A lot of unhappy fans on Twitter.

I've seen a couple but most of the moaning has been not given the meeting a chance especially as the curfew is around 11pm. Seems crazy not to with the fixture backlog. Look at Sweden on Tuesday they did everything to get the meeting finished but it's different over here. Are

• Like 2

COVENTRY Speedway can provide the following information to supporters who hold re-admission tickets from Friday’s postponed fixture against Eastbourne.

The club would like to first of all apologise to supporters of both teams for being unable to stage the meeting due to the localised, heavy rain which hit the stadium around an hour before start-time.

The promotion, referee and both sets of riders were keen for the match to take place if at all possible, and had intended to delay the start, but it then became clear that the circuit had taken on too much water and it was in nobody’s interest to stage a farcical event.

Supporters with re-admission tickets can now take one of two options:

1. Supporters can write into the stadium, enclosing their ticket, for a full refund of their admission fee. In addition to this, as a concession, Coventry Speedway will provide a £10 admission voucher for use at a future home meeting.

2. The re-admission ticket can be used as normal at a future home meeting, starting on Monday night against Swindon. Once again, as well as admission to the meeting, a £10 admission voucher for use at a further home meeting will be provided.

We hope these arrangements at least provide some consolation to supporters following a hugely frustrating evening, in which conditions were dry literally two miles away from the stadium.

• Like 1

Really felt for Mick Horton​​ tonight.

We were really unlucky tonight as had torrential rain an hour before due to start. Horton and Pratt were trying hard to get the track sorted by delaying the time rather than calling it off. The riders were willing to ride but the Ref Vardy called it off.

Was gutted and Horton looked furious.

We are running out of dates to stage meetings. Still got Wolves & now Eastbourne at home plus Belle Vue away.

• Like 1

COVENTRY Speedway can provide the following information to supporters who hold re-admission tickets from Fridays postponed fixture against Eastbourne.

The club would like to first of all apologise to supporters of both teams for being unable to stage the meeting due to the localised, heavy rain which hit the stadium around an hour before start-time.

The promotion, referee and both sets of riders were keen for the match to take place if at all possible, and had intended to delay the start, but it then became clear that the circuit had taken on too much water and it was in nobodys interest to stage a farcical event.

Supporters with re-admission tickets can now take one of two options:

1. Supporters can write into the stadium, enclosing their ticket, for a full refund of their admission fee. In addition to this, as a concession, Coventry Speedway will provide a £10 admission voucher for use at a future home meeting.

2. The re-admission ticket can be used as normal at a future home meeting, starting on Monday night against Swindon. Once again, as well as admission to the meeting, a £10 admission voucher for use at a further home meeting will be provided.

We hope these arrangements at least provide some consolation to supporters following a hugely frustrating evening, in which conditions were dry literally two miles away from the stadium.

Decent offer from the club, let's hope we can get these fixtures in!

• Like 2

I don't know what time curfewis but at the double header Storm meeting the last race was called off just before10.45pm guess that's the time.

Decent offer from the club, let's hope we can get these fixtures in!

I had Cov as a dead cert for the PO's but with all your remaining fixtures to fulfil (who knows)

Dodgy weather ahead too and I believe Rory is now an option for the Robins should Monday night go ahead..

I don't know what time curfewis but at the double header Storm meeting the last race was called off just before10.45pm guess that's the time.

When I lived nearby, I've known the stocks to go on much later than that! I could hear them when I was in bed.

I had Cov as a dead cert for the PO's but with all your remaining fixtures to fulfil (who knows)

Dodgy weather ahead too and I believe Rory is now an option for the Robins should Monday night go ahead..

Luckily for us we can run any night of the week if needed. Rory should be available for you guys and the weather forecast looks decent for the next few days.

• Like 1

Dodgy weather ahead too and I believe Rory is now an option for the Robins should Monday

night go ahead..

Imagine with it being a sky meeting mon should think track covers will be down.

Other teams could still have rain offs yet. Also hopefully meetings will be restaged for Mondays when we have a full team.

Imagine with it being a sky meeting mon should think track covers will be down.

Other teams could still have rain offs yet. Also hopefully meetings will be restaged for Mondays when we have a full team.

That's a good point it could actually help us having these meetings rearranged for Mondays. With a full team I think we can beat anyone at Brandon.

• Like 1

Quite a lot of supporters I spoke to tonight are unlikely to bother to come again this season. My dad being one of them unfortunately. However the track did look awful and the coventry speedway response is good.