British Speedway Forum

Tyson Nelson came 4th in the second round of the Aussie championships, beating Grajczonek, Fricke & Masters in the B final. Promising. Still no sign of a visa though

Edited by Shads

The visa situation is indeed worrying. With all the changes that seem to be about to happen it's gone very quite on the press release front.

Kinda think this will be Lens swansong in 2015.

I wonder if anyone promoter has had some kind of meeting in there honour while they've been alive? If anyone deserves one such meeting it has to be Len Silver.

• Like 2

Tyson Nelson came 4th in the second round of the Aussie championships, beating Grajczonek, Fricke & Masters in the B final. Promising. Still no sign of a visa though

Tyson Nelson has always been a huge talent,if he gets over this time he could be a good signing for the Rockets,be interesting to see what he can get his average up to

• Like 1

Tyson Nelson has always been a huge talent,if he gets over this time he could be a good signing for the Rockets,be interesting to see what he can get his average up to

Tyson had a reputation of being a bit of a lad. There are a few stories doing the rounds about some dodgy dealings, none have been substantiated.

His Facebook status last Australia Day was disappointing.

• Like 2

Tyson had a reputation of being a bit of a lad. There are a few stories doing the rounds about some dodgy dealings, none have been substantiated.

I know a couple of OZ riders who were amazed that he got into the country in the first place.

• Like 1

I know a couple of OZ riders who were amazed that he got into the country in the first place.

I remember reading last year that his was the only visa refusal that wasn't speedway related. I'd be quite happy for the same again this year. Apart from the iffy character, he's too similar in style & inconsistency to Jason Garrity.

I remember reading last year that his was the only visa refusal that wasn't speedway related. I'd be quite happy for the same again this year. Apart from the iffy character, he's too similar in style & inconsistency to Jason Garrity.

That'll mean another last minute scramble for an available rider. Not an ideal situation

That'll mean another last minute scramble for an available rider. Not an ideal situation

...but preferable IMO.

Tyson was great entertainment 2013, we missed him big time last season. Personally I hope he's back this year, and if he applies himself, will definitely improve his average

...but preferable IMO.

Depends who's in to replace him. Tyson Nelson on his Aussie Champs form would be a match winner
  • Like 1

Depends who's in to replace him. Tyson Nelson on his Aussie Champs form would be a match winner

I watched Tyson at Gillman and Mildura in the Aussie titles and on that form I would want him in

my side.

I believe most of his issues were when he was a little younger, people grow up and in my opinion he deserves his chance.

Junior

• Like 2

I watched Tyson at Gillman and Mildura in the Aussie titles and on that form I would want him in

my side.

I believe most of his issues were when he was a little younger, people grow up and in my opinion he deserves his chance.

Junior

I agree

Ed K - Confident and classy for the PL, tried 100% every race I saw him in last season

Jason G and Nelson - Excitement but inconsistent

Kasper - Excitement if he can get away from the line

Jakobsen - Wild Card (hopefully another Linus)

Luke - Dependable

Steve B - With good machinery and a bit of application, worth his place in the team.

Overall and without injuries, could be very strong at home and maybe get the odd point at away tracks.

Lots of ifs and buts, but being ever the optimist (unlike Shads, lol) I hope we can be mid-table vying for one of the minor play off spots.

• Like 1

Lots of ifs and buts, but being ever the optimist (unlike Shads, lol) I hope we can be mid-table vying for one of the minor play off spots.

The difference between us is I post on here when sober ;)

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

The difference between us is I post on here when sober ;)

At least I can blame the drink for my posts then :cheers: Whats your excuse ? ;)