British Speedway Forum

will lambert turn up for rye or will he take the mick again...... one man is not a team....

I hope he serves them well but they certainly look to have a weak tail end.

Future plans must mean PL next year, can't see Lynn selling him unless they get a crazy offer.

If we do go EL though Woffinden and Linus are more than welcome back.

Hope we do stay PL, I dont think being in a league that only has 8 or 9 teams in it, where you play each team twice at home and away and where you only have to finish in the top half of the league to be in the playoffs is competition, whats the point of that but unfortunately that is what the Elite has. What we need is more local derby's to help attract more supporters but unfortunately with so many tracks closing that will probably never happen. Anyway Mr Scott if you are reading stay in the PL there's more competition and perhaps try reducing entrance prices, 2 people at £16 each = £32, 3 people at £14 each = £42, no brainer really but only if it brings in more people. Sorry I've if iv'e gone off the thread a bit but that's my rant for the day.

will lambert turn up for rye or will he take the mick again...... one man is not a team....

Don't think turning up will be a problem as his parents are at every home meeting with Maassen.

Hope we do stay PL, I dont think being in a league that only has 8 or 9 teams in it, where you play each team twice at home and away and where you only have to finish in the top half of the league to be in the playoffs is competition, whats the point of that but unfortunately that is what the Elite has. What we need is more local derby's to help attract more supporters but unfortunately with so many tracks closing that will probably never happen. Anyway Mr Scott if you are reading stay in the PL there's more competition and perhaps try reducing entrance prices, 2 people at £16 each = £32, 3 people at £14 each = £42, no brainer really but only if it brings in more people. Sorry I've if iv'e gone off the thread a bit but that's my rant for the day.

Something I've been banging on about for years is a family ticket. Something like £35 for 2 adults and two offspring (up to the age of 16).

The presentation needs to be moved up a gear. Get rid of that awful entrance music. It may have been ok in the 70's, but now it's just plain embarrassing.

• Like 1

From an outsider looking in, I can't imagine that Rye House will be bowing down to Lambert's apparent pay demands at Peterborough, If anything (and no disrespect to the rockets) I'd imagine he would earn more per point at Peterborough. Makes me think that it was something a little more than that as to why he left P'boro.

From an outsider looking in, I can't imagine that Rye House will be bowing down to Lambert's apparent pay demands at Peterborough, If anything (and no disrespect to the rockets) I'd imagine he would earn more per point at Peterborough. Makes me think that it was something a little more than that as to why he left P'boro.

At last someone with a brain,

It has all been speculation/rumors over money, Nothing has been confirmed from either the promotion or lambert, so like myself think that it has got sweet fa to do with money

Good luck Robert at Rye,

Fingers crossed the meeting goes ahead at ippo tonight

Something I've been banging on about for years is a family ticket. Something like £35 for 2 adults and two offspring (up to the age of 16).

The presentation needs to be moved up a gear. Get rid of that awful entrance music. It may have been ok in the 70's, but now it's just plain embarrassing.

Instead of 'Those Magnificient Men' how about this for an entrance. Do away with the truck, have the riders do 2 laps on their bikes (not too fast) with a couple of wheelies included whilst playing the following record https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnoffPV8m0 (Jasper Carrot) then stop at the tapes for the usual toss of the coin, it would certainly put a smile on peoples faces, maybe not for the whole season though. (lol) I also think put Craig Saul, in his warm coat, out on the centre green and also do the 50/50 draw from the centre as well, similar to Ipswich presentation. Would definitely be a bit more interesting than at present.

Edited by hammer1969

At last someone with a brain,

It has all been speculation/rumors over money, Nothing has been confirmed from either the promotion or lambert, so like myself think that it has got sweet fa to do with money

Good luck Robert at Rye,

Fingers crossed the meeting goes ahead at ippo tonight

In other words, everyone's opinion that doesn't match yours is brainless.

• Like 2

Peterborough must have got a lot in those begging bowls last winter to be able to outpay Rye.

• Like 1

Instead of 'Those Magnificient Men' how about this for an entrance. Do away with the truck, have the riders do 2 laps on their bikes (not too fast) with a couple of wheelies included whilst playing the following record

(Jasper Carrot) then stop at the tapes for the usual toss of the coin, it would certainly put a smile on peoples faces, maybe not for the whole season though. (lol) I also think put Craig Saul, in his warm coat, out on the centre green and also do the 50/50 draw from the centre as well, similar to Ipswich presentation. Would definitely be a bit more interesting than at present.

The riders have been out on parade on bikes since the pick up truck broke down a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

Yes iv'e seen them and think it makes a much better start to the meeting, all they need now is some decent music.