British Speedway Forum
Tom Turner

Poole Vs Leicester 20/08/2014

Perhaps this will be postponed, I'm sure there was a precedent set when riders were missing one week last year.

The 'precedent' is that its the home promoter's decision. :t:

I fully expect a more than decent attendance (except for the odd one or two on here!) with many holidaymakers around in the week leading up to the Bank Holiday weekend, to swell the crowd - again!

I fully expect a more than decent attendance (except for the odd one or two on here!) with many holidaymakers around in the week leading up to the Bank Holiday weekend, to swell the crowd - again!

Exactly. And amongst those holiday makers are going to be a number of people who have never been to a speedway meeting before, but thought they would give it a go. They will then see a from the gate meeting that is so one sided and processional that they will never go to another speedway meeting again.....................would you get the people who run speedway in this country to promote or run your business. ......................The term, Couldn't run a p... up in a brewery springs to mind

• Like 2

Does that mean Stevebrum will be coming down for this one as we all no he has posters all over his wall of his hero

Why would i come down to Poole to watch a rider that no longer wants to ride for his parent club??

As for what we all know Poole will do anything to win.

Surprised MF hasn't called off this match seeing how he hates cheating the public `in the best interest of (Poole) Speedway.`

Typical trolling Poole post.

• Like 2

Why would i come down to Poole to watch a rider that no longer wants to ride for his parent club??

Surprised MF hasn't called off this match seeing how he hates cheating the public `in the best interest of (Poole) Speedway.`

Maybe he'll call it off now??!

Maybe he'll call it off now??!

He has history of doing so.

Surely as Matt won't want to short change his fas he'll call this one off?

The 'precedent' is that its the home promoter's decision. :t:

Was that the one that BV called off, as BV had no riders and Poole thought they were on a 4 point cert and BV developed a leak?

• Like 1

Was that the one that BV called off, as BV had no riders and Poole thought they were on a 4 point cert and BV developed a leak?

Absolutely - as long as they don't lie about it!!

Its also why they chose to go ahead with the Sky meeting in awful conditions and then called for the abandonment after heat 10 as within the rules.

Absolutely - as long as they don't lie about it!!

Its also why they chose to go ahead with the Sky meeting in awful conditions and then called for the abandonment after heat 10 as within the rules.

No disrespect to BV but maybe they aren't so good at playing the rule book.

No disrespect to BV but maybe they aren't so good at playing the rule book.

Then they should learn better - Morton's been around a lot longer than many!!!!

Then they should learn better - Morton's been around a lot longer than many!!!!

You are right. You need to streeeeeeetch them not break them.

I will be driving down from the Midlands for the Poole v Leicester meeting on Wednesday. I haven't been to Poole before so have a couple of questions:

1. Is the car park big enough to accommodate anybody who wants to park there or is there a good time to arrive to ensure you can get a space?

2. What time do you need to arrive to get a seat in the grandstand? Are certain seats reserved for season ticket holders - if so, is it clear which are reserved seats and which seats anybody can sit in?

Thanks

Surely as Matt won't want to short change his fas he'll call this one off?

Understand where your coming from but this meeting has been in the fixture list from the start of the season. Leicester have chopped and changed thier team since and have signed danish riders who ride in Denmark on wednesdays.

You cant help yourself can you with the constant attack of anything connected with Poole Speedway.

Wolves are pathetic this season so you post needless tosh about the Pirates . Sad.

• Like 2

Understand where your coming from but this meeting has been in the fixture list from the start of the season. Leicester have chopped and changed thier team since and have signed danish riders who ride in Denmark on wednesdays.

So how is that in any way different to the Poole/Lakeside meeting of last season? :o

As it is, I think Matt is right, the meeting should happen. But last year he called off a meeting when he was going to have to use a 3 pointer as he didnt want to shortchange the fans. He's a hypocrite.

You cant help yourself can you with the constant attack of anything connected with Poole Speedway.

Wolves are pathetic this season so you post needless tosh about the Pirates . Sad.

Just ignore the fact that a Poole fan made a pathetic attempt to suggest i would come to Poole to watch David Howe in action.

Best read what i was replying to before you make a silly comment like the one you have.

I KNOW Wolves are pathetic this season, So??

I KNOW Poole have had the rules changed to suit them this season. Now THAT is sad. :icon_smile_clown: