British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Leicester (18/8/14)

Buzz was missing on Sat. I don't really follow Polish league. Was there anthing suspect there?

What a surprise. Pawlicki treats Wolves with contempt once again. I utterly detest the guy and the sooner he's away from Wolves the better

• Like 1

Leicester win? Now you're being silly. :lol: The rest of your post was pretty good and credit where it's due for not making excuses for Piotr. Sign Poles and expect to be messed around (exception being Skornicki) with made up illnesses.

Got to say Zengota at Swindon was no problem at all. Im sure Coventry fans will back me up after last year as well.

• Like 3

Leicester win? Now you're being silly. :lol: The rest of your post was pretty good and credit where it's due for not making excuses for Piotr. Sign Poles and expect to be messed around (exception being Skornicki) with made up illnesses.

never known buzz to let panthers down ,always turned up as far as I can remember ,and gave 100% everywhere
  • Like 1

What a surprise. Pawlicki treats Wolves with contempt once again. I utterly detest the guy and the sooner he's away from Wolves the better

'utterly detest'?

What can you say. The bloke knows he's going places in the sport and won't be short of a bob or ten so why worry about Wolves & the UK.

Just be honest, be a man, and admit you don't want to ride over here again this season.

Saturday at Eastbourne should be interesting :P Or will this one be longer than a 24 hour bug?

'utterly detest'?

With regard to his attitude towards Wolves sounds about right don't you think?

I'm just wondering if folks will start to come to the conclusion that with Woffinden and now Pawlicki, maybe all is not rosy behind the scenes in the Monmore garden?

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

What can you say. The bloke knows he's going places in the sport and won't be short of a bob or ten so why worry about Wolves & the UK.

Just be honest, be a man, and admit you don't want to ride over here again this season.

Saturday at Eastbourne should be interesting :P Or will this one be longer than a 24 hour bug?

With regard to his attitude towards Wolves sounds about right don't you think?

I'm just wondering if folks will start to come to the conclusion that with Woffinden and now Pawlicki, maybe all is not rosy behind the scenes in the Monmore garden?

With poles we don't know anything about the situation. They are at the beck and call of their teams in Poland. If they are told, no more racing in England for you.. that's the lot, they won't be riding in England. The lad has given nothing but 100% riding for the club which is not usual when these stunts are being pulled.

I'm not defending the situation, just pointing out he may have little choice in the matter.... May being the operative word there.

From a Wolves point of view it makes little difference as its no good for the club, but to say 'utterly detest' him is going too far in my opinion, he's the bright spark (or was) in a dismal season!

• Like 2

When is Norrie Allen going to instinctively see a T/R opportunity? Heat 6 been and gone, Mads withdrawn, very weak no. 7 = a very long night.

Edited by The Observer

That was about as easy as you can get ................. once Woffy ditched his moped and brought out his better bike he was flying and untouchable and helped us to a much needed win.

I thought the loss of Piotr was going to hand victory to the Lions if they were up to the task and all started well for them.

Woffy was off the pace in heat 1 whilst our reserves hit back and out performed their counter-parts as they should have done. Lets face it if they struggled against the Lions pair then it would have been a struggle.

Heat 3 was shaping up nicely, PK had gated and Lasse battled around both Lions, including Mads off the 4th bend. Mads caught some lift and collected Lasse with both tumbling heavy on the back straight. There looked concerns early on and Mads took a bit of time getting to his feet but was able to walk away. However his withdrawal meant it was looking like advantage went back to Wolves.

After the 5-1 in Heat 5 i think we all expected a black and white helmet on Doyle in Heat 6, but no. A wasted opportunity.

Stead did take the black and white in heat 8 and won with ease but was lacking the support that would have been available in the 6th..

4-2`s in heats 9-11 saw us take control and cruising to victory.

The track was slicker than usual yet the times were consistently decent.

WOLVES

WOFFY - a meeting of 2 halves. 1st 3 heats looked slow and dis-interested but changed bikes and looked like the World Champ.He admitted on the victory parade he takes responsibility for us missing the play offs but hopes to put that right next season (i guess that means he isn't coming back conspiracy theorists :icon_smile_clown: ) 3/5

JACOB - top night for our young speedy Swede. Well earned his Heat 15 nom. MOTM

PK - started well then struggled somewhat. Very up and down night but you could see he was working hard on the bike to make things happen. 2/5

LASSE - Superb night. Neaerly earned MOTM. Battler that just kept trying hard and it often payed off. 4/5

RR - 9+1 and only one dropped point which is what i would have expected, that is if he could be bothered to turn up for us. I wonder if he still has a team place?

JOE - played 2nd fiddle to Tom but did his job well. 2.5/5

TOM - Top night and was top reserve of both teams. Job done. 4/5

LEICESTER

Doyle - impressive start then had to deal with the quick Woffy version in his last 3. Still more than did his job. 3.5/5

Stead - Best i have seen Simon ride Monmore in a long long time or ever! Very impressive night 4/5

Mads - Hopefully he is OK after the nasty crash in Heat 3. The ref called it right tho.

Klindt - As you expect. Tried 3 times to jump start, nothing changes. Got away with it once but still couldn't win the race. I expected 0303 so he scored 6 which was what i predicted. 2/5

Buzz - Despite his low score was in the action however this was not the sort of score the management expected. Tough night. 1/5

Clegg - He certainly tried hard and had a couple of good scraps for points. Deserved more. 1.5/5

Hopwood - Didnt look like scoring after the opening bend. 0/5

• Like 2

That was about as easy as you can get ................. once Woffy ditched his moped and brought out his better bike he was flying and untouchable and helped us to a much needed win.

I thought the loss of Piotr was going to hand victory to the Lions if they were up to the task and all started well for them.

Woffy was off the pace in heat 1 whilst our reserves hit back and out performed their counter-parts as they should have done. Lets face it if they struggled against the Lions pair then it would have been a struggle.

Heat 3 was shaping up nicely, PK had gated and Lasse battled around both Lions, including Mads off the 4th bend. Mads caught some lift and collected Lasse with both tumbling heavy on the back straight. There looked concerns early on and Mads took a bit of time getting to his feet but was able to walk away. However his withdrawal meant it was looking like advantage went back to Wolves.

After the 5-1 in Heat 5 i think we all expected a black and white helmet on Doyle in Heat 6, but no. A wasted opportunity.

Stead did take the black and white in heat 8 and won with ease but was lacking the support that would have been available in the 6th..

4-2`s in heats 9-11 saw us take control and cruising to victory.

The track was slicker than usual yet the times were consistently decent.

WOLVES

WOFFY - a meeting of 2 halves. 1st 3 heats looked slow and dis-interested but changed bikes and looked like the World Champ.He admitted on the victory parade he takes responsibility for us missing the play offs but hopes to put that right next season (i guess that means he isn't coming back conspiracy theorists :icon_smile_clown: ) 3/5

JACOB - top night for our young speedy Swede. Well earned his Heat 15 nom. MOTM

PK - started well then struggled somewhat. Very up and down night but you could see he was working hard on the bike to make things happen. 2/5

LASSE - Superb night. Neaerly earned MOTM. Battler that just kept trying hard and it often payed off. 4/5

RR - 9+1 and only one dropped point which is what i would have expected, that is if he could be bothered to turn up for us. I wonder if he still has a team place?

JOE - played 2nd fiddle to Tom but did his job well. 2.5/5

TOM - Top night and was top reserve of both teams. Job done. 4/5

LEICESTER

Doyle - impressive start then had to deal with the quick Woffy version in his last 3. Still more than did his job. 3.5/5

Stead - Best i have seen Simon ride Monmore in a long long time or ever! Very impressive night 4/5

Mads - Hopefully he is OK after the nasty crash in Heat 3. The ref called it right tho.

Klindt - As you expect. Tried 3 times to jump start, nothing changes. Got away with it once but still couldn't win the race. I expected 0303 so he scored 6 which was what i predicted. 2/5

Buzz - Despite his low score was in the action however this was not the sort of score the management expected. Tough night. 1/5

Clegg - He certainly tried hard and had a couple of good scraps for points. Deserved more. 1.5/5

Hopwood - Didnt look like scoring after the opening bend. 0/5

No need to hunt out your old school reports! Edited by Leicester Lion

No need to hunt out your old school reports!

You clearly haven't read one of my reports before. :neutral:

• Like 1

Got to say Zengota at Swindon was no problem at all. Im sure Coventry fans will back me up after last year as well.

Agree, Zengota showed a lot of commitment for bees and always showed up.

It was KK, Piotr & Shamak that let us down with injury that meant they could ride Poland but not EL

Much as I love to watch piotr this is a disgrace. If he can't be arsed then time to say goodbye.

Forgetting the "illness" let's not forget that Polish riders are often put in a difficult position by their clubs and PZM and can face fines or bans from racing if they don't do as they are told and a ban would hit them abroad aswell so they lose everything.

Piotr has been a revelation at Wolves this year and I know very well that he has enjoyed rididing at Monmore Green and for Wolves and if he wasn't "ill" (or told not to ride ? ) he would be riding and showing what has made him the top Wolves rider in 2015 by almost a point !!

As for the meeting last night, Jason Doyle always goes well at Monmore ..... weird how he was considered for the team but Pawlicki was signed instead ...... and only three defeats by the true form of Tai Woffinden could stop him while Simon Stead was back to the form he showed at Monmore Green roughly a decade ago when he wore the old gold n black.

Nicolai Klindt was his usual self with poor races where he looked outclassed and races where he looked like a GP star which he could be if he puts five electric starts together in Lonigo in a months time.

Wolves however had all six ride well although it took a while for Tai to get going and while PK only got seven, he wasn't far off each time and apart from being passed by Buczkowski, he was only beaten by Stead and Doyle (three times) which isn't bad for a 44 year old Swede ..... terrible for a 44 year old American ;)

TNT, cut the flannel about the absense / illness excuses - he wasn't there last night!!! The admission price wasn't reduced and the meeting dragged on. Fans lost out (again). I had two friends who heard the news of Piotr's absence and didn't go last night. How many more are there (riders & fans) who are taking time out. Wolves are at Eastbourne this Saturday without three riders. This Elite League needs a shake up :-(

Edited by Lefty
  • Like 4