British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Coventry V Lakeside Friday / Lakeside V Coventry Saturday

NL rider for MJJ - Joke and rip off for the paying public!!!

COVENTRY launch a hectic Bank Holiday programme of Elite League racing with the visit of Lakeside to Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

The Buildbase Bees then make the trip to Purfleet on Saturday for the reverse fixture, whilst Monday sees a double header of home and away matches against local rivals Leicester.

The victory over Swindon earlier in the week has left Bees well-placed in the race for the play-offs and they will now be targeting a decent haul of points from their next four fixtures.

Lakeside are another of their rivals for a top-four finish, with the Hammers currently third in the table on 41 points, seven ahead of the Bees but having raced five more matches. The Purfleet club only have three more home matches remaining compared to Coventry’s seven.

Both teams are forced into changes on Friday with Bees having to contend with the absence of Michael Jepsen Jensen who has a clashing Danish League fixture.

As the Coventry match is not a re-arranged fixture there is no facility to replace him, and Bees have to bring in a rider with a Premier League average of 6.00 or less – on a night when ten of the 13 PL clubs are already in action!

Even amongst the riders who satisfy that mark there is unavailability due to Longtrack and injuries, and therefore the place goes to Stefan Nielsen, who made a vital contribution at Eastbourne last weekend and also has a higher PL average than any of the other options.

A further complication is that Bees were planning to track the in-form Nicolai Klindt as a replacement for Kyle Howarth who has a home fixture for Workington - but the Dane suffered a scaphoid injury on Wednesday evening and that will cause a further change with any replacement again having to be sourced from the PL, with a somewhat higher mark to work up to, but again with difficulties over availability.

All of that will put pressure on the remaining regulars of the Coventry team, led by skipper Chris Harris and Hans Andersen, with Kenneth Hansen and Jason Garrity both returning from crashes on Monday and James Sarjeant gaining a major confidence boost from his excellent race win in the Swindon fixture.

Lakeside are without Mikkel Bech due to the World Under-21 Team Cup, which does carry a guest facility, and Davey Watt due to injury. The Hammers bring in Danny King and Dakota North as guests.

Bees boss Gary Havelock said: “It’s going to be very tough with no facility for Michael, and our big riders are going to have to come to the fore.

“But we still did okay in the last two meetings when he didn’t score that many points, so if we show the same sort of passion and commitment that the boys have been showing, I’m sure we can get home.”

Friday’s meeting also sees the return of second-half action with the Mercia Vikings up against Rye House over six races, plus the popular 125cc demo heats.

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Hans Andersen, Jason Garrity, Kenneth Hansen, Chris Harris, Stefan Nielsen, James Sarjeant, replacement for Kyle Howarth.
LAKESIDE (from): Lewis Bridger, Adam Ellis, Danny King, Richard Lawson, Ben Morley, Kim Nilsson, Dakota North.

Edited by Bees_Man

What kind of absurd thinking is on the part of the BSPA for them to consider that a Danish rider should prioritise a scheduled British fixture ahead of a scheduled Danish one? It's an absolute farce that we are not allowed a guest for a Danish rider riding in a Danish fixture when a Polish rider riding in a Polish meeting is allowed a guest facility.

Still, it's only the fans that miss out again.

I'm sick to the back teeth of Coventry missing doubling up riders and constantly seeming to be having to face teams with the proverbial hand tied behind their back. If we are not having to field generally substandard riders for Garrity, then it's something else.

I'm now thinking it will be RR for Howarth, with Hansen, Garrity and Sargeant available for his rides. Puts a lot of pressure on Garrity and means that Sargeant is going to have to have a good meeting too as Garrity will have no scope to cover his fourth ride.

As for the farce of having to track Nielsen for MJJ, well, anything Stefan scores will have to be seen as a bonus.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 3

Ridiculous guests for both teams then! Not including Danny King obviously. I might be wrong, but surely R/R would be a better option for us? I'll admit though that it looks like Coventry could be even worse off than we are.

I'm still tempted to travel up though, there's still 5 Hammers for me to shout for and I've never been to Brandon before. I take it there's parking there?

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 1

Looking at remaining fixtures

Garrity shouldn't miss anymore now which is great

Howarth, MJJ & Harris maybe miss Eastbourne home but available for the rest (and that's only if they attend GP practice & if MJJ comes in for ward)

Hansen, Hans & Sarj shouldn't miss any

This is going to be a tough test for bees but we know they will give their all both Friday & sat.

Who thought we would go to Eastbourne with a depleted team and get a point (even with lots of raking & tractors to try and stop us)

What kind of absurd thinking is on the part of the BSPA for them to consider that a Danish rider should prioritise a scheduled British fixture ahead of a scheduled Danish one? It's an absolute farce that we are not allowed a guest for a Danish rider riding in a Danish fixture when a Polish rider riding in a Polish meeting is allowed a guest facility.

Still, it's only the fans that miss out again.

I'm sick to the back teeth of Coventry missing doubling up riders and constantly seeming to be having to face teams with the proverbial hand tied behind their back. If we are not having to field generally substandard riders for Garrity, then it's something else.

I'm now thinking it will be RR for Howarth, with Hansen, Garrity and Sargeant available for his rides. Puts a lot of pressure on Garrity and means that Sargeant is going to have to have a good meeting too as Garrity will have no scope to cover his fourth ride.

As for the farce of having to track Nielsen for MJJ, well, anything Stefan scores will have to be seen as a bonus.

Polish riders are not necessarily given a facility- ie Prem Pawlicki missing at Lakeside on a Saturday fixture this season-no facility(rained off as it happened)

Luckily for us I don't think the Lakeside team is that good and still think we can take the win. I'd go R/R for Howarth now we should be able to cover ok. Hans Bomber and Hansen will need to step up though.

• Like 1

Polish riders are not necessarily given a facility- ie Prem Pawlicki missing at Lakeside on a Saturday fixture this season-no facility(rained off as it happened)

I remember that now and stand corrected. However, it's still a joke. Unless the fixture is re-arranged, that rider's domestic league should always take priority as far as I'm concerned. All this rule does is penalise the paying customer.

I remember that now and stand corrected. However, it's still a joke. Unless the fixture is re-arranged, that rider's domestic league should always take priority as far as I'm concerned. All this rule does is penalise the paying customer.

Trouble is Coventry only signed MJJ mid-season so should have been aware that they wouldn`t get a facility in the event of Danish league clashes-sadly Denmark are now riding on Friday`s and Monday`s in addition to their old Wednesday normal day. However it somehow doesn`t seem right with all the dodgy facilities around recently-Bech`s is by far the worst ,closely followed by Piotr Pawlicki and probably his brother and Magic on Saturday !!!!!

• Like 1

I'm still tempted to travel up though, there's still 5 Hammers for me to shout for and I've never been to Brandon before. I take it there's parking there?

Plenty of parking space and all free. :) I think Coventry will struggle to win this one but hope there is some good racing.

• Like 2

Luckily for us I don't think the Lakeside team is that good and still think we can take the win. I'd go R/R for Howarth now we should be able to cover ok. Hans Bomber and Hansen will need to step up though.

Lakeside are not that bad, maybe a bit inconsistent, Bridger could score 4 or 10, Lawson will get about 8, Nillson could be 3 or 8,Ellis should get 5 ish, Morley maybe 2or 3...and the guests Danny King could get 8 or 9 and Dakota I don't expect him to repeat Mondays performance as he is riding in a heat leader berth.....Bridger is the key, if he scores 4 we are in trouble, if he gets 8 we could grab a point....any more it will be happy days...if you come from London :lol:

Edited by Speedwaycrazy

Plenty of parking space and all free. :) I think Coventry will struggle to win this one but hope there is some good racing.

Thanks Gemini! The guest situation is unfortunate for both teams and the fans, but I think I will journey up for the meeting tomorrow and hope for some entertaining racing.

(...and maybe some points for Lakeside ... whoops, did I say that out loud? Haha)

• Like 2

Lakeside are not that bad, maybe a bit inconsistent, Bridger could score 4 or 10, Lawson will get about 8, Nillson could be 3 or 8,Ellis should get 5 ish, Morley maybe 2or 3...and the guests Danny King could get 8 or 9 and Dakota I don't expect him to repeat Mondays performance as he is riding in a heat leader berth.....Bridger is the key, if he scores 4 we are in trouble, if he gets 8 we could grab a point....any more it will be happy days...if you come from London :lol:

Dakota going like a train tonight at Swindon....more of the same tomorrow please!

• Like 1

Dakota going like a train tonight at Swindon....more of the same tomorrow please!

hopefully tomorrow though he won't ride in to Hans again :(

This is the trouble with meetings in hand - you want to be at your strongest when you race them.

With Danish meetings taking priority (and Sweden and Poland!) there is a huge chance the likes of MJJ will be missing for some of them.

The congested remaining fixture list and availability issues could just halt the Bees charge.

If they can put their strongest line up out and win some away they could be favourites going into the Play offs if they get there.

• Like 1

I have decided to come to this tomorrow. as a neutral it would have been nice to see 2 full teams but with so many meetings still to run before cut off date, I'm sure management are doing there best.

Hoping to make the return leg as well.

Think with the line ups, this has been made a lot harder for the bees. Howarth is a big miss after his form on Monday and also a NL rider in for a head leader is gonna be very tough.

For Lakeside I thing King for Bech doesn't weaken or strengthen but North in current form for Watt who has struggled on recent visits to Brandon, makes the hammers stronger. Bridger knows his way around Brandon after winning 2010 title with them and in good form.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lakeside win tomorrow night but then the bees to win away on saturday.