British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

All these fixture re-arranging, missing riders, there's little wonder our sport is barely surviving. I look back to the 70's and 80's now and never realised how different is was then. The British League was No1 on all riders preferences and all teams always had their first choice of riders. It is an absolute joke that clubs like Coventry, who are in the running for honours, that some of their riders are going to be missing because it clashes with other matches in other countries.

In this day and age we have to have specific days for racing, as like all the other nations in Europe. They have seen the light and the advantages, of it so why can't the BSPA do the same. It would be far easier then to arrange fixtures enabling team to be at full strength, and stop this sub-standard way of promoting our sport......

Can you wonder why so many are turning their backs, with promoter HAVE to field weakened sides......

• Like 1

All these fixture re-arranging, missing riders, there's little wonder our sport is barely surviving. I look back to the 70's and 80's now and never realised how different is was then. The British League was No1 on all riders preferences and all teams always had their first choice of riders. It is an absolute joke that clubs like Coventry, who are in the running for honours, that some of their riders are going to be missing because it clashes with other matches in other countries.

In this day and age we have to have specific days for racing, as like all the other nations in Europe. They have seen the light and the advantages, of it so why can't the BSPA do the same. It would be far easier then to arrange fixtures enabling team to be at full strength, and stop this sub-standard way of promoting our sport......

Can you wonder why so many are turning their backs, with promoter HAVE to field weakened sides......

but isn't it the PROMOTER who changed the date of this meeting therefore enforcing his team to be weaker ???

Edited by whippy
  • Like 2

whippy, on 27 Aug 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

but isn't it the PROMOTER who changed the date of this meeting therefore enforcing his team to be weaker ???

Mr Watson ...a simple question on behalf of a confused Bees supporter who has no computer access .. WHY ARE YOU RIDING A MEETING WITH A WEAKENED SIDE against Kings Lynn ?

Mr Watson ...a simple question on behalf of a confused Bees supporter who has no computer access .. WHY ARE YOU RIDING A MEETING WITH A WEAKENED SIDE against Kings Lynn ?

Mr Horton...... I would like to ask you the same question. If it wasn't for the fact that we do not often get the chance to see Kings Lynn away meetings, you probably wouldn't get me banging on about the date change but because it is change because of a football match, that really sticks in my craw.

Edited by whippy

This could all so easily have been avoided, if they'd just left the fixture where it was. But no, it makes much more sense to get a few more punters through the gates on the Thursday stuff the rest of the fans.

Put out a depleted team upset the and upset the fans. Run the risk of losing valuable points and even the meeting, upset the fans Run the risk of losing out on Play off place and robbing themselves of one if not two bumper pay days and really, really upset the fans.

For what, a few football viewing supporters?

Ah yes, I can see it now, it all makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

• Like 5

With us now having no facility for MJJ at Belle Vue, Possibility of maybe a 6Pt PL rider at number 1 for Hans in Leicester double header, 3 fixtures still to rearrange (and hoping for no more rain offs) I think this decision to move this meeting and possibly throw away points may come back to haunt Horton.

That said if the Bees do make the play offs after spending a large part of the season depleted or using NL guests for top 3, plus most likely not completing all their fixtures, then they deserve the title

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

This could all so easily have been avoided, if they'd just left the fixture where it was. But no, it makes much more sense to get a few more punters through the gates on the Thursday stuff the rest of the fans.

Put out a depleted team upset the and upset the fans. Run the risk of losing valuable points and even the meeting, upset the fans Run the risk of losing out on Play off place and robbing themselves of one if not two bumper pay days and really, really upset the fans.

Absolutely. Just leave the fixtures as they are and try not please each promoter at the expense of the fans.

There will always be clashes and no Month seems easier than another.

I fail to see any point in cancelling a meeting because of missing riders (V Wolves) to then run at another time with weakened line ups.

Pick and choose dates at your leisure, don't grumble if you cant fit in all your meetings tho!! :t:

whippy, on 27 Aug 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Mr Horton...... I would like to ask you the same question. If it wasn't for the fact that we do not often get the chance to see Kings Lynn away meetings, you probably wouldn't get me banging on about the date change but because it is change because of a football match, that really sticks in my craw.

Mr Horton OR Mr Watson don't really mind who .... BUT PLEASE GIVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER TO THE PAYING REGULARS !!!! Thanks

• Like 3

You'll be lucky if you get a straight answer because there is NO logical reason. I wonder who it is on the management team that wants to attend the football? I've completely lost interest now and couldn't care less what happens.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

I do feel sorry for Garrity, Howarth and Hansen as they have now missed out on a fixture and a chance to make some money and the rest of the team are now under more pressure.

@KennethKHansen to be fair I am sad not to be able to race for the bees and so will the other boys be! Wanna race all meetings!

I agree that it doesn't make any sense but then promoters are always going to think of their pockets first and the fans and progression of the team second.

Not sure why any of us our surprised.

This could have been a brilliant meeting as personally feel at the moment, these are the top 2 teams in the league. Hugely anticipated fixture by a lot of fans that has now had a dampener put on it.

Huge ask for the bees now and gonna need to pick up more points away now to make up for it

I think they would have been right changing the date IF there was a date available where a full team could've turned out. A full team on a Thursday would in my opinion have attracted a bigger crowd than the 5th but not so sure that will be the case with riders missing. Having said that I may now be able to attend on the 4th with a little luck.

Right let's get onto the actual meeting, what guests are available?

Edited by woz01

To be fair no one would run a speedway match v a massive football match in fact one of the biggest for cov in years . Have people forgotten the time when Cov ran against the England match ? the club lost a packet of money as no one turned up. that was also on the backdrop of fans saying who cares about football type attitude . The big question to me is the date they have moved it to .

I think there is total lack of understanding of the effect Football matches have on Speedway crowds .

Edited by orion

To be fair no one would run a speedway match v a massive football match in fact one of the biggest for cov in years . Have people forgotten the time when Cov ran against the England match ? the club lost a packet of money as no one turned up. that was also on the backdrop of fans saying who cares about football type attitude . The big question to me is the date they have moved it to .

I think there is total lack of understanding of the effect Football matches have on Speedway crowds .

Spot on! I think some people are under estimating the amount of fans that support both clubs. The date it's changed to is the issue.

• Like 1

a lot will depend on the new averages Woz01 and if there is a facility available for Hansen (does anybody know the answer to that one?)

Garrity: Kyle Newman (if still below), Charles Wright, Paul Starke

Howarth: Max Fricke, David Bellego, Nicolai Klindt, (is Robbo to high?)

Hansen (on present averages if facility) Ben Barker, Joonas Kylmakorpi, Lasse Bjerre, Stuart Robson, Olly Allen?

Hansen (on present averages if no facility) Gino