British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

Mr mick Horton - panicking yet ? - don't order too many pies or programmes for Friday 5th September.

Reckon you and mr Watson (hang on, order plenty of pies!) could be quite lonely at Brandon unless you come up with something radical !

The "mighty" sky blues are back in town on the same night and have come up with a 10 quid adult admission.

Now, should I spend 17 quid and watch just over 16 minutes of pseudo entertainment or 10 quid on pseudo 90 minutes ! Not rocket science, even though it is live on sky sports.

Probably best to develop an under ground water pipe burst right now and can't be fixed until September 6th !

Happy days !

• Like 1

how many bees fans go to football?

not been since they left highfield road

the football's on sky so people can record it and watch it another time :)

Myself and family and friends will be there and imagine will be king's lynn fans as well

(think might be best to delete this thread as misleading)

• Like 2

the football's on sky so people can record it and watch it another time :)

Myself and family and friends will be there and imagine will be king's lynn fans as well

(think might be best to delete this thread as misleading)

Nah! Don't think I will bother deleting the thread - I love a great wind up.

Being serious though, it must be a concern to the promotion and Mick has been trying his best of late and well impressed with the efforts re the bus service and the 10 quid gesture following the recent rain-off.

Not sure what else the guy can do. Where would Coventry be without him - in the gutter I reckon.

I too only been to see coventry at the Ricoh twice since the move from highfield road and was a season ticket holder previously too.

Currently lakeside 15, coventry 24 after 6 - looking good !

Happy days

Always amuses me how folk say its only 16 mins of action in speedway... but claim its 90 mins in football....

• Like 5

You're a very strange Bees fan. If you're on a wind up it's usual to do it against a rival team not your own. Think you need to take lessons off Steve Shovlar or Starman. :wink: Anyway, I'll be coming back off my hols early so I will be there and I'm sure plenty of others will be too as Coventry chase a play off place.

• Like 2

I'm Bees and Coventry City through and through. Not seen a home city match for so long and in celibration of the return will be attending the football. Money dosnt come into it but can understand the logic. Will still be gutted to miss the speedway.

Here's hoping (for once) for rain!

This is Coventry' s first match back at the Ricoh isn't it....given the amount of national coverage this has got then I would be amazed if it didn't dramatically affect the speedway gate

my other half is a big fan of both but he will be at Brandon that night along with myself, 2 daughters, my 3 sisters and their families.

• Like 1

Think the first benders are all planning to come :-)

• Like 1

Brandon for me but I have absolutely no interest in football.

In fact most Coventry Speedway fans I know have little or no interest in football be it The Sky Blues or otherwise.

However, I'm sure there will be some impact as a result of the clash.

I'm Bees and Coventry City through and through. Not seen a home city match for so long and in celibration of the return will be attending the football. Money dosnt come into it but can understand the logic. Will still be gutted to miss the speedway.

Here's hoping (for once) for rain!

What messed up logic. You want it to rain? So then Coventry end up with more meeting not run before the cut off meaning they fail to make the playoffs due to a lack of meetings run.

What messed up logic. You want it to rain? So then Coventry end up with more meeting not run before the cut off meaning they fail to make the playoffs due to a lack of meetings run.

Crazy! Alot of Speedway fans don't support both sports. For those that do, the football season doesn't finish till may so lots of chances to see sky blues then :)

I'm sure there will be alot of fans there for what could be a exciting meeting against King's Lynn

• Like 1

A lot of Bee's fans come from outside Coventry too, so would have no interest in the sky blues. I live 5 mins walk from Sixfields stadium and I've never felt tempted to go and watch them during their stay here so I doubt I'll bother this time!