British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

I see you have rain forecast for Thursday morning in Coventry, so it would be ironic if it then got put back to Friday. :o Hope not, but you never know. :lol: Regards. Alan.

NEXT Thursday? Must be a good weather forecast you're looking at! :wink:

Ayone that thinks there will be 32,000 at the football must be crazy!

Dont think anybody does imo it will be around 20,000

Ayone that thinks there will be 32,000 at the football must be crazy!

Agree, they were lucky to ever get a 1/3 of that before. how many of those third does Horton thing support Sky Blues (esp when there are a lot of fans of both teams who don't live in Coventry and a lot of fans that don't support football)

• Like 1

The crowd will be around 25,000 at a guess. We got got 31,000 for a Jpt match with a similar price structure. Remember its on Sky too.

Edited by woz01

The crowd will be around 25,000 at a guess. We got got 31,000 for a Jpt match with a similar price structure. Remember its on Sky too.

Wouldn't the fact it's on sky be more reason to keep it on the Friday as more people can record it.

Thats what my dad and his mates from down the pub did last season when Liverpool were looking like winning the title, they just recorded it and checked updates on their phones. they would have been doing the same on the Friday if meeting had been on that date.

That way they don't get to miss live speedway and would still get to watch the Football back later. Speedway being their first love

This would have been a huge meeting for both King's Lynn and bees fans

Edited by Sienna Ryan

Yes but the reason was due to the fact that you needed to attend that game to guarantee a seat for the final at the twin towers. Total different situation and hence why the gate will be nothing like that.

• Like 1

is it right that no facility will be granted for Hansen due to the fact this is not a rearranged fixture due to rain off but without cause?

As far as I know it will not count as good enough reason and Danish fixture was already in place first.

I guess our club won't tell fans that though until the day before like every other meeting we have had to use NL guests for

as a season ticket holder I think this is a disgrace!!

• Like 1

If coventry city get a gate of 20000 and 1% of them are Bees fans that chose the football due to the special occasion of returning home after a long struggle (similarity to many speedway teams/fans), add another 100/150 who saved their money and watched the football on Sky, that's 300/350 Bees fans not attending on the Friday night. At a guess that would be a Friday night crowd of less than 1500. How many will be there on the Thursday, prob about the same for all the reasons already stated.

I'm not sure who's right and wrong, though personally I can now go both ;) maybe Mick Horton and the sponsors are Coventry City fans too lol.

• Like 1

If coventry city get a gate of 20000 and 1% of them are Bees fans that chose the football due to the special occasion of returning home after a long struggle (similarity to many speedway teams/fans), add another 100/150 who saved their money and watched the football on Sky, that's 300/350 Bees fans not attending on the Friday night. At a guess that would be a Friday night crowd of less than 1500. How many will be there on the Thursday, prob about the same for all the reasons already stated.

I'm not sure who's right and wrong, though personally I can now go both ;) maybe Mick Horton and the sponsors are Coventry City fans too lol.

To be fair some bees fans were asking for the match to be moved from Friday night all last week on the various websites connected to the bees and Mick and Neil were going to be damned if they didn,t and damned if they did .Personally I feel sorry for Kings Lynn fans who probably would have followed their team to Brandon on a Friday but due to work commitments won,t be able to come over Thursday .I,m more worried about Sunday afternoon against Leicester as Bomber and probably MJJ will have to travel back from the Grand Prix in Poland Saturday night for a 2pm start Sunday .Only takes one problem and we could be two short against a full Leicester side .I would have stayed with Friday night cos we had a full team and the money Mick lost on the match would have been offset when we win the League and get the prize money . :lol::lol:

Agree, they were lucky to ever get a 1/3 of that before. how many of those third does Horton thing support Sky Blues (esp when there are a lot of fans of both teams who don't live in Coventry and a lot of fans that don't support football)

They regularly got crowds of over 10k while at the Ricoh, the majority of that was while paying full price / season tickets. Personally I think its the right move for the Speedway to make, Many football and speedway fans who attend both will choose the football on this occassion as the Football club is returning home from its exile in Northampton. You only need to look at the attendance of travelling City fans to fixtures close to home such as MK Dons away to realise the Speedway might well be affected.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I've come to the conclusion that Mick Horton was damned if he did and damned if he didn't so-to-speak with regards to the amending of this date :lol: Joking aside, I can see why he's made the change...although he has now ended up with a depleted Coventry team for his local home support on the Thursday night... :blink: And not only that, but Lynn may not have such a large following on the Thursday what with people having work the following day. I myself am still trying to think about whether I should go or not now it's Thursday night, but I'm lucky as I already have the Friday booked off work anyway. I just need to decide whether to have a full or half day on the Thursday now if I am still going to go!

Yes but the reason was due to the fact that you needed to attend that game to guarantee a seat for the final at the twin towers. Total different situation and hence why the gate will be nothing like that.

Yes but on the other hand it's the first game back in Coventry for over a year, the buzz from people I know is more than that jpt game. Even a few mates who are not City fans are planning on attending the game! I don't think us fans will take the club for granted again. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1