British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

I'm sorry but this has got to be a joke, surely!

so who was asked if they thought this change was for the best?

Bees fans were you? King's Lynn fans were you? Did they ask around the Sky Blues fans?

I think it has been presumed that Fans will miss this meeting when yet in 25years of supporting speedway, I have yet to find many Speedway or Hockey fans from Coventry who also support speedway.

maybe Horton or somebody within the club support CCFC and are worried about missing it themselves.

I will still be there on the 4th but will be minus some friends that were coming the 5th but not the thursday.

I think the answer to both your first questions is 'No' so I'm more inclined to think that you're right that someone within the club doesn't want to miss the football. It also makes me think that the Bees promotion can't really be that bothered about reaching the play offs or why else would they change the match from a night when for once we have a full team (doesn't happen very often) to one where riders are missing again and we're likely to lose more points. I don't very often get cheesed off and in the past have stuck up for Mick Horton when it seemed as if he could do nothing right with some fans but this has really irritated me as there has been no consideration given to Bees or Kings Lynn supporters, some of whom have booked to stay overnight.

.....FTM......To be fair some bees fans were asking for the match to be moved from Friday night all last week on the various websites connected to the bees and Mick and Neil were going to be damned if they didn,t and damned if they did .

So which websites were these because I didn't see anything and I check the Bees sites every night, unless you mean Twitter? Can't be doing with that. :lol:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

To be fair some bees fans were asking for the match to be moved from Friday night all last week on the various websites connected to the bees and Mick and Neil were going to be damned if they didn,t and damned if they did .Personally I feel sorry for Kings Lynn fans who probably would have followed their team to Brandon on a Friday but due to work commitments won,t be able to come over Thursday .I,m more worried about Sunday afternoon against Leicester as Bomber and probably MJJ will have to travel back from the Grand Prix in Poland Saturday night for a 2pm start Sunday .Only takes one problem and we could be two short against a full Leicester side .I would have stayed with Friday night cos we had a full team and the money Mick lost on the match would have been offset when we win the League and get the prize money . :lol::lol:

Which sites connected to the bees have you seen fans asking for it to be moved and nobody did on the Facebook pages or here and the only people I seen on twitter were saying they want it on Friday and angry it has been moved.

I'm sorry but this has got to be a joke, surely!

so who was asked if they thought this change was for the best?

Bees fans were you? King's Lynn fans were you? Did they ask around the Sky Blues fans?

I think it has been presumed that Fans will miss this meeting when yet in 25years of supporting speedway, I have yet to find many Speedway or Hockey fans from Coventry who also support speedway.

maybe Horton or somebody within the club support CCFC and are worried about missing it themselves.

I will still be there on the 4th but will be minus some friends that were coming the 5th but not the thursday

I think the answer to both your first questions is 'No' so I'm more inclined to think that you're right that someone within the club doesn't want to miss the football. It also makes me think that the Bees promotion can't really be that bothered about reaching the play offs or why else would they change the match from a night when for once we have a full team (doesn't happen very often) to one where riders are missing again and we're likely to lose more points. I don't very often get cheesed off and in the past have stuck up for Mick Horton when it seemed as if he could do nothing right with some fans but this has really irritated me as there has been no consideration given to Bees or Kings Lynn supporters.

I actually know a few that follow the Bees and CCFC, I know a few that follow, Bees, CCFC and the Blaze :P

I don't know many Kings Lynn fans that do though....I don't doubt that they'd have had a good following!

I'm 100% with you though, how often do we get a full team, now to be riding depleted again! It's not like were up against basement fodder like Wolves, we are fighting for points here.

We are coming up that weekend too, but it looks like we won't bother now until Saturday, we can't come up and day early because of work.

So it's us and the Lynn fans that lose out because of a few that follow Coventry City.

Cheers Bees promotion..

• Like 4

This means the only remaining meeting at home where we will now see the bees at full strength is against Poole.

Right I've decided if I can't get the 5th off work for the footy i will try and get the 4th off for the Speedway. Up the Bees!

Really hacked off. Have been looking forward to this meeting for months. Hotel booked as we are on holiday, on our way to Cornwall,will lose money if we cancel hotel, plus we chose this meeting as it gave us a break on the long journey to Cornwall and of course a chance to see the stars away from home. Tish tish tish !!!

• Like 1

Um.. great yes, but the meeting is NEXT Thursday (Sept 4th) :P

Apologies. With all the fuss that is going on, I thought it was this Thursday. :lol: I'm not going to blame eye sight or old age- just "brain-fade" :lol: Actually, the perverse side of me hopes it does rain and it gets put back to Friday- which seems to be what most on here wanted the date to be. ;) Regards. Alan.

• Like 1

So will the meeting run on Friday if Thursday is rained off? Surely that's the plan?

I see you have rain forecast for Thursday morning in Coventry, so it would be ironic if it then got put back to Friday. :o Hope not, but you never know. :lol: Regards. Alan.

That must be correct, because it was underlined!

Edited by Midland Red

That must be correct, because it was underlined!

No, it's because i'm computer illiterate and it came out that way. :lol:

Really hacked off. Have been looking forward to this meeting for months. Hotel booked as we are on holiday, on our way to Cornwall,will lose money if we cancel hotel, plus we chose this meeting as it gave us a break on the long journey to Cornwall and of course a chance to see the stars away from home. Tish tish tish !!!

And I was really looking forward to meeting you for the first time but the fact you have booked a hotel doesn't matter to our promoters. Everything has to be disrupted because of damn football.

• Like 1

With Talk that Hans Polish team are riding on Sun (which if true would mean a PL guest for him) for both fixtures against Leicester

And also MJJ now to be missing against Belle Vue (maybe without a facility)

I hope that the decision to move this meeting to a night when we are depleted doesn't come back to haunt us when the cut off date arrives.

• Like 1

And I was really looking forward to meeting you for the first time but the fact you have booked a hotel doesn't matter to our promoters. Everything has to be disrupted because of damn football.

You also changed your plans so you could be there on the 5th. I reckon there are a lot more supporters from other that Coventry who are unhappy about this change. A rain off I can cope with but this lack of thought is really bugging me !!!! I wonder if the management are more interested in going to the football match ?????

Edited by whippy
  • Like 1