British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V !leicester 25/8

Jason Doyle is ruled out of today’s fixtures against Coventry and tomorrow at Wolverhampton due to a dislocated shoulder. Jason’s place will be taken by Joonas Kylmakorpi for both matches against the Bees and Leicester will also be tracking a guest (tbc) at number one at Wolverhampton.

Got to say never saw that one coming.

Kylmakorpi guests in both matches

That should work in the Bees favour... Kylmakorpki's away average this year is shocking

4 .11 according to the Eastbourne website

• Like 1

What times gates open? And is any meeting on bet365?

neither Meeting is listed on bet365

Mick Horton will join Chris Harris and do the ice bucket challenge after the meeting. I'm sure a few on here would like to tip ice water over Mick. £1 for a raffle ticket and money raised goes to Zoes Place charity.

• Like 2

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Well, that was a dust bowl of a meeting... Bees lucky to get all the points ..now what with Barker.? Surely a broken collar bone... just time to give my ipad a Down and straight off to Leicester

That was a hard meeting. Was hard to see the riders at times due to the dust. Was more suited to Leicester style and date and go.

Now that Barker is injured and only a 5pt average, Bees are going to be left with just 2 heat leaders which is gonna make the task from now on really hard.

I was really impressed with stead, why was he not in heat 15?

An entertaining afternoon meeting, 3 League points gained. Following my rants about losing the last five heats in last Frida's Storm meeting after a Curfew (didn't know we had one, Mr Horton told me it was 10pm). We have a double header against Eastbourne in a couple of week's time. The time listed for the start us 7pm (same as the Storm meeting). Today's meeting took 2hours 10 minutes. Double that with the Elite double header and it equates to 4hours 10 minutes. Unless my mathematics have totally deserted me it means the completion of the double header would be 11.20pm can somebody please explain how it's hoped to be done. I know there were crashes today, races were expedited, there were no air bags that had to be replaced. Speedway has always been a sport where. crashes happen so every meeting is into the unknown. Over to you Mr Starter I will be interested to see how the double header can be completed before 10pm I.e.3 hours. My calculations are also based on first and second meeting carrying on without an interval between the two meetings.

• Like 3

Think it was a couple of seasons ago, I was at Brandon till around 1130pm for a meeting, cant remember what, but least you don't have a curfew, which helps. We manage to do 2 meetings in under 3 hours.